We ate at Patricks a couple of years ago and had been wanting to stay there for a while, but they are usually booked up. So we were lucky to get bank holiday weekend! We stayed in room 8 which was just lovely. There was only one hitch - we were told to call down by using 0 on the phone and fresh milk would be brought up for tea and coffee. Just what we needed after being caught in the awful weather on our first walk of the coast to Langland Bay. Unfortunately the phone wasn't in the room to make the call! We're not sure what happened, but as soon as we came down for dinner in the evening, somebody replaced one in our room with no fuss.
The staff at this place are really lovely. The two sisters (owners?) meet and greet, serve food and on our second night my tipple of champagne was remembered as if we go there all the time!
The food is excellent - we had dinner on the first night in the restaurant and then nibbles in the bar on the second night - both times superb. Breakfast is a real treat and set's you up for the day.
Walking from this little gem is so easy - you can go right from the door along the coast either way, although I would recommend going right along the coastal path for as long as you want. We saw seals and a nice break is to have a drink at Langland Brassiere on the beach - we even sat outside as the sun did come out for a few minutes!
Patricks is a real find for us - we have already recommended to friends who live in Wales and hadn't been there.............
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With wonderful views across Mumbles Bay, Patricks with Rooms is a 10-minute drive from Swansea centre. The hotel features a creative restaurant, fitness room and luxury bedrooms with free Wi-Fi.The 5-star rooms at Patricks are stylishly decorated with rich fabrics and modern art. Each room has a luxury bathroom, and a flat-screen TV with a DVD player and iPod dock.Patricks Restaurant serves modern British cuisine and fresh local seafood. The elegant Lounge Bar offers indulgent afternoon teas and fine wines, and full English breakfasts are served daily.Situated just metres from Mumbles Seafront, Patricks with Rooms Hotel is a 15-minute walk from Mumbles Pier. Both Clyne and Llangland Bay Golf Clubs are a 5-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Patricks with Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patricks With Rooms Hotel Mumbles
- Patricks With Rooms Mumbles, Swansea