There was an incident that electricity shut down in my room 5:30 am, the maintenance guy was not willing to fix it and wanted me either to change the room (difficult to wake up all the family at that time and move) or he will fix it tomorrow (I think he meant later that day as it was only 5:30 am).
To go for higher floors the elevators should go to the lobby first
Very long checkup time (more than 1 hour)
The shower in the bathroom goes hot and cold alone with poor control knobs
No side mirrors in the bathroom for shaving
Only very poor 12 TV programs are available
Food quality in the breakfast is not the worst thing in the hotel
Location is very far from shopping areas
Only few employee speaks English
Security guys in the hotel they think they work for FBI or something
The Wi-Fi is the slowest Wi-Fi on earth. Google page open in 2 minutes!
The only thing The view from the room was amazing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located at Tanjung Bungah, this 4-star resort is just 45minutes away from the Penang International Airport. Its tastefully decorated 315 suites are perfect for business traveller, leisure holiday or family vacation. All suites are fully air-conditioned, equipped with coffee & tea making facilities, hairdryer, IDD Telephone, 32 inch LCD screen TV, WI-FI in the room, mini fridge and in-room safe. Kitchenette facilities are available at cost upon request. The Breeze Cafe and Gaya’s Beach Side Bar & Restaurant, overlooking the sea, offers local & western cuisine, and a fully stocked bar for you to enjoy while you watch the sunset. An array of sea-sports, including parasailing, boat rides and jet skis are also available at the beach front. For the more adventurous who wish to explore the vicinity of the resort, the heritage city of Georgetown is only 20 minutes away, while a host of entertainment and night spots are just 10 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Sandy Beach Hotel Tanjung Bungah
- Paradise Sandy Beach Resort
- Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort Penang/Tanjung Bungah