I stayed here for 1 night on the 11th June as I could not stay in my regular hotel as it was fully booked. I have heard from my staff that this is a newly refurbished hotel and I should give it ago. I was impressed when I first walked into the hotel. Staff was friendly, check in was efficient, beautiful view of the ocean from the lobby and the room was nice, clean and good size. I had a beautiful view of the ocean from my room. Bathroom was a tad small but I was ok with it.
The nightmare started when my staff and I decided to have dinner at "The Eatery" the only restaurant in the hotel. When we walked in at around 18:45 staff was more interested in talking amongst themselves. Restaurant was empty besides the 2 of us. Maybe they felt that they wanted to give us time to settle in. After 20 mins I had to asked for the menu, when the beef tenderloin arrived I never ever had the chance to experience eating a road kill or chewing on a leather belt until I had that piece of beef tenderloin. It was disgraceful.
Next morning I decided to go to the gym to work off the "beautiful" piece of tenderloin I had (NOT!) and to my shock horror when I walked into the hotel gym at around 6 am.....the gym had dirty towels strewn all over the place and used plastic cups was all around the gym. I could not believed what I was seeing.
You think to your self this must be the end of my nightmare in this hotel but no....went down for breakfast at 8:45 and the place was packed. That is expected especially when it was school holidays. When I went to to grab my breakfast nothing was refilled...most of the buffet trays were empty or scraps left behind. This was a disgrace when they brought me my bill for RM50 ringgit.
I was so glad to be only staying for only 1 night and I swear to myself I will never walk back into this hotel again. We'll this hotel has now been placed in the company list as one of the hotels that we will never use again. All I can say is the state of the hotel reflects poorly on the management. I give this hotel another 6 months and it will be in a sad state. To the management team that runs the hotel....I just want to say the hotel is a reflection of your leadership and "YOU" are the hotel. All of you need to go back to basics on how to run a hotel. If that was my hotel, I would replace all of you!! Thank you so much for setting a new benchmark in what a poorly run hotel should look like"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the uncomplicated comforts in any of our 220 welcoming guest rooms and suites, where you’ll find everything you need to feel at home; some have outstanding views of the Malacca Strait. Enjoy free bottled water daily and stay connected with free wireless High Speed Internet Access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Starwood, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjung Bungah Beach Georgetown
- Hotel Tanjung Bungah Beach
- Four Points By Sheraton Penang Tanjung Bungah