“Warm and friendly stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tanjung Bungah
Melbourne, Australia
“Warm and friendly stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I had very enjoyable 5 night stay at 4P. From the moment we checked in we were made to feel special we could not have asked for better service from all staff. The room was spotless and spacious with a magic view of the ocean. The hotel was very affordable to eat and drink in . The shuttle bus to Batu Ferfinghi and Gurney Plaza a great touch. This is the first time in all my travels that the Hotel General Manager has been so accessible well done Kurt. Thanks again to all staff for their attention to detail and friendliness. We will certainly be back.
Ian and Rae Jamieson
Melbourne Australia

Room Tip: Make sure you get an ocean view it makes the trip special
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jamieson321
Kurt V, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Penang, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Hi there jamieson321 and thank you for posting a review on your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Penang.
I agree tha the views from our ocean front rooms are magical, especially during sunrise.
I look very much forward to welcoming you and your wife back again.
Kurt.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

As an SPG hotel I was disappointed in the standard provided. We had been told by a sister hotel that the Penang hotel was new, however in the room there may have been new furnishings but the doors and walls appeared to be painted over old. The noise from the adjoining room and the hallway late at night was unacceptable. It wasn't necessarily the guests at fault it was just that the rooms do not appear to be soundproof. There was also a function on the top floor which boomed out the music throughout the hotel very late in the evening. The good thing is that when we spoke to Reception they followed it up.
At Breakfast we observed the croissants and muffins being reheated more than once, and the breakfast tables not cleaned between diners unless you asked for that to be done. We do appreciate that it was school holidays and there was a reunion on in the hotel as well so it was very busy.
The pool area was easy to get to, however there was very little seating. The smell of the durian at the kiosk on the beach in front of the hotel was extremely overpowering when you were in the pool area.
The location of the hotel is excellent and the lobby area is lovely. The staff were all accommodating and very pleasant and helpful.
They provide a free shuttle to the night market/restaurant area at Batu Ferringhi which is an excellent service. All driving staff were great.

Room Tip: I would suggest pay extra and have a sea view room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine E
Hi there and thank you for posting a review on your stay with
us.
I am sorry to read about your dissapointment especially about the painted doors and the sound-proofing of the walls. We have talked to the Durian seller and agreed on a later operation time so that our guests are not inconvenienced by the smell therof.
Thank you for pointing out the accommodating and pleasant associates.
I sincerely hope that the above comments will not hold you from returning back to us and I look forward to welcome you back again.
ipoh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is my second stay since half year ago, most of the thing remains unchanged especially the car park, still crowded everyday. The beach was getting dirty comparing my last visit, no more blue sea water and white sands. Check in was smooth and quick, however, the hotel gave me a 1 king size bed and 2 queens size bed connecting room since I have booked 2 queen size bed connecting room. They should inform me earlier if they couldn't manage to give me 2 queen size bed connecting room. One more serious thing is when I open the door, I saw an extra rollaway in the king size bed room. What the housekeeper told me is the extra rollaway was put under the management's instructions. How can the management simply add an extra rollaway for me since I NEVER request to do so. Call up to the housekeeping dept. and asked them to remove the extra rollaway. However, they still charge me the extra rollaway when I check out on the next day. This really make me unsatisfied as they put an extra rollaway without my permission and yet they still want charge me for that after removing it. (I am wondering there are no communications between the housekeeping dept. and the front office.) I have made decision to bring this issue to the Starwood management so the hotel can keep an eye more to the guests' needs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Derrickee
Hi there Derrickee and thank you very much for returning back to us.
You are correct; our car-park did not change since the opening of the hotel, that is because we have a limitation in the space. However, now we do offer valet service at no charge so our car-jockeys are parking our guest cars free of charge.
The tidal waves have been very strong the last two weeks which is why many shells and other natural debris is washing ashore. We do have two employees cleaning the beach daily and by mid-morning most of the debris is cleaned. I'm sorry that on some occasions this may not be the case, mostly when it's rainy weather.
Lastly, all our connecting rooms are king/queen size and we do not have any conneting rooms with same bed-type (ie queen connecting to queen). I am sorry that this was not made clear when you booked the room however, for this reason we added an extra bed in the second room. After bringing this to our attention, we removed the charge for the extra bed. Please contact me on kurt . vieren at starwoodhotels . com if the reverse of the charge was not followed through.
Thank you very much and I sincerely hope that I will be able to welcome you a third time and look forward to also meeting you personally.
Thank you and best regards - Kurt.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here a few times with my family. Very pleasant experience. Dedicated staff and good service. Efficient check-in and check-out procedure. Management takes guest's suggestion seriously and always tries to improve their services. Nice location by the beach with many choices of eateries nearby - ranging from Starbucks to local hawker centers. During peak period, it may be a little crowded and difficult to find parking but their staffs are helpful. Newly refurbished rooms, relatively clean and good housekeeping services.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Selvi14
Hi there Selvi14 and thank you for posting a review on your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Penang.
I'm very happy to read that we met your expecatations and that despite hte car-park appeared to be full, the associates were helpful in finding you a space.
I look very much forward to welcoming you back soon.
Perth AUS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 6 nights and had a fantastic stay. We chose this area because we didn't want to stay in an overly touristy area like Batu Ferringhi but wanted a little distance from Georgetown.
We had an ocean facing room with great views and think it was great value for money. The staff were all really friendly and accommodating and the hotel amenities were exactly what we wanted.
A very special thank you to Rony who always greeted and chatted with us is the lobby and to Kurt who is doing a great hands on job as GM and always happy to chat and give tips on what to do and where to go in the area.
The daily free shuttle bus into Georgetown is a nice touch to the service. We very much look forward to our next stay here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Niwatoriman
Hi there Niwatoriman and thank you very much for posting a review on your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Penang.
I"m happy to read that you appreciated the services and that of Ronny in particular.
The team here hopes to see you again very soon.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Considering this is a fairly new hotel it is already starting to look worn. Friendly staff compensate for shortcomings such as average dining options. The one restaurant is too small for the amount of diners. The menu is very reasonably priced especially if you are a SPG member but the food was average. The location of the hotel is not great & although a free shuttle bus is available it only runs a couple of times a day. The ocean facing rooms are quite nice with comfortable beds & good sized flat screen tv but the bathroom was small & very basic. Lynne, Melbourne

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank LM2507
Kurt V, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Penang, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hi there LM2507 and thank you for posting a review on your stay. Thank you for pointing out the friendliness of our associates. I'm sorry to read that the location was not up to your expectation. Surely if you prefer the buzz of a bigger city, then Georgetown is better for you or if you prefer to go further out towards the west of the Island, then Battu Ferringi might be better for you. We are located right in-between and as you rightfully pointed out, we do offer complimentary transportation to each area once a day. Apart from that, there is a very regular bus-service that brings you to both places and it costs only about RM 3,- and runs almost every 10 minutes, stops about 200 m from the hotel. Lastly, you may also choose to take a taxio which costs about RM 20,- to Georgetown or RM 30,- to Batu Ferringi.
I hope though that this won't keep you from returning back to us and I look forward to welcoming you back again.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice & Clean room (Seaview @ 546). Just nice for 2 adult + 2 kids in the room without having to ask for extra bed.... Nasi Lemak + Fried Mee Mamak + Flat White (from in-room dining) = marvelous!!

from Reservation staff (phone) to Concierge to Bellboy to Front Desk staff to Housekeeping staff, I can give all of you two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
hi there iluvmaldives and thank you for posting a review on your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Penang.
I am very happy to read that we met and exceeded your expectations and hope to welcome you back again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Bungah
Lone Pine Hotel
Lone Pine Hotel
#6 of 11 in Batu Ferringhi
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,405 reviews

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Penang? Share your experiences!