“My 1st Four Points Experience”

Four Points by Sheraton Penang
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tanjung Bungah
Bangkok, Thailand
“My 1st Four Points Experience”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It was my 1st experience Starwood Experience with Four Points and it is with Four Points by Sheraton Penang.
A Lovely and Quiet Hotel with a private beach and nice bar. The staff are friendly (typical of Starwood) and youthful.
Room was spacious (Oceanfront) and clean.
It is just 5 minutes by bus 101 to Gurney Drive and 10 minutes to Batu Ferringhi.
I will definitely make it my choice of hotel in Penang.

Room Tip: Oceanfront room will be cool as you will have a good view of the beach.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kurt V, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Penang, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hi there KJO2430 and thank you for posting a review on your experience at Four Points by Sheratpon Penang.
I'm very happy to read tha twe met your expectation and that you appreciated our youthful and friendly associates.
I hope your review will help many future guests and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Kurt.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Once you reach the hotel lobby, you will be mesmerised by the beach front and sea line right in front of you. Lovely front desk staff, always smiling. Get yourself a Seaview room. It's worthwhile. Room is well furnished. Only missing is a proper gym room. It has only treadmills and weights.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi there Daniel L and thank you for posting a review on your stay with us.
I'm happy to read that we met your expectations and that you found our front desk staff helpful and smiling. I also would like to inform you that we have started the works on a gym on our hotel coumpound with new equipment. Thank you for bearing with us and our temporary gym however soon we will have a fully fledged proper gym.
Best Regards - Kurt.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay here for 5 nights. Our ocean view rooms were beautiful, and the beds and pillows were heavenly. Check in was easy and staff very friendly. We ate at the Eatery the first night we arrived and was looked after very well by Liana. She always had a lovely smile and was a pleasure. The food was great!

The disappointment for us was each morning at breakfast. The variety of food was fantastic, but it was very hard to get cutlery, or a clean table. Some of the staff were not in any hurry at all to rectify this. If it was one day it wouldn't be a problem, but every morning was the same. It isn't a large breakfast area, and there were more than enough staff to be able to clean and reset tables in a timely manner.

The pool area was fantastic. The smell of durian nearby wasn't overly pleasant, but after a while we got used to it and wasn't an issue. The pool staff were very attentive at removing leaves and looking after the guests. The location is great. We often jumped on the bus to Batu Ferringhi, Tesco supermarket or grabbed a taxi into Georgetown. There is a bus stop 50 metres from the hotel. There is a free hotel shuttle to and from town also.

On our last day, my husband wasn't feeling the best so I requested an hour later on our checkout. The staff were very accommodating for us, thank you. Overall, we had a lovely stay and would love to come back again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KittyCushion
Kurt V, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Penang, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hi there KittyCushion and thank you for reviewing your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Penang.
I"m very happy to read that we met and exceeded your expectations, and particularly appreciated the services by Liana. I"m also happy to read that you liked the food.
I have taken note about the availability of the cutlery and will address this accordingly.
I look much forward to welcoming you back again - Kurt.
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We (me, my wife & our little son) was there from June 22,2014 to June 25,2014. It was such a nice hotel that I never forget it. Check-in & Check-out was very quick. good breakfast. Room was very beautiful with good view to the street. Has two nice sitting outdoor areas facing the sea. Very very polite & helpful staff. you can took many marvelous pictures specially from sunrise & sunset in the seaside. Has a very well designed pool in front of the sea. I found noting negative with this hotel. Very clean. A good pool for our six yrs old boy, witch he enjoyed it very much. I recommended it highly, specially to the families, who want a good rest by the sea.

Room Tip: Our room in the 5th floor was very good, but it's better to have a room with sea view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi there ARASB D and thank you for posting a favourable review on your experience at Four Points by Sheraton Penang.
I'm very happy that we met and exceeded your expectation and that you particularly liked the frienliness of our assoicates.
Looking much forward to welcoming you back again.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was my third stay in this property. The first 2 stays were for work and the third stay was for a vacation. The location is a 10 minute drive away from Gurney, parking may be tough at night, but they are able to accommodate. Check-in was quick, and so was the check-out. There is SPG recognition in this property.

Indeed there is great value in this Starwood property as the rooms are tastefully done (the ocean view rooms are great but you can just shut the curtains for the non-ocean view window), the beds are comfortable, and clean on the overall. The beach and the sea is not great, but the view makes good eye candy. The WIFI speed is also acceptable although inconsistent at times.

The restaurant serves decent meals and portions (the Sloppy Joe is good) and is reasonably priced. No qualms dining at the Eatery, though room service speed needs to be faster.

I'd be staying at this property again if i'm down in Penang. Keep the beach clean of debris daily, the staff well trained and the room corridors clean, there would be no reason to not have a memorable experience in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Teh_Ais
Kurt V, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Penang, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hi there Teh_Ais and thank you for reviewing your stay with us.
Thank you also for your continued support and return visits.
I'm very happy to read that we are able to recognize you as valued SPG member and accord the respective benefits. I took note of the internet inconsistancies and would like to inform you that we have recently upgraded the speed. We will also in the middle of implementing a new system which hopefully will avoid the line from dropping as frequently.
Sindh Province, Pakistan
Reviewed 15 July 2014

very nice stay at 4 points, room was so nicely designed .. i wanted to extend my stay but couldnt, and both the days i have enjoyed the Complementary Breakfast with Sea facing sitting area .. i took so many pictures, will share soon. Service was too good and i liked the CIty PICK n DROP service. Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: Sea Facing ... u can enjoy Sun set and Sun Rise. Beautiful View.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KamranLasi
Hi there KamranLasi and thank you for posting a review on your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Penang.
I'm very happy to read that we met and exceeded your expectations. I"m also happy to read your positive comments on the complimentary transportation service that brings you once per day to Guerney Drive and Battu Ferringhi.
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We got the room at very cheap deal from Asia Travel. Beach side, spacious room, sea view and breakfast. Amazing!

We requested to check out an hour later, and staff were so nice to allowed us to do so

Great stay and we high recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Wendy0907
Hi there Wendy0907 and thank you for posting a review on your experience at Four Points by Sheraton Penang.
I'm very happy that we met and exceeed your expectations and that your late check-out request was honored. I hope to welcome you back again very soon.
Best Regards - Kurt.
PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia
G Hotel Gurney
G Hotel Gurney
#16 of 84 in George Town

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Penang? Share your experiences!