“Best food in Cabo Roig” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in Cabo Roig
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Cuisines: Bar, British, European
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We're not fine dining we are relaxed family friendly dining. Traditional British restaurant serving breakfast from 9am seven days a week. Look out for Saturday steak night and our traditional Sunday lunch. Snacks available throughout the day, set menus etc. Three courses always available with a small beer or glass of house wine for 9.95€. Booking advisable.
West Yorkshire
“Best food in Cabo Roig”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Having stayed for 5 weeks i ate at this restaurant many times service excellent, food quality brilliant, the owners and staff are exceptional and flexible.

The tonic drinkers

Visited May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant,
We are really pleased that you found every aspect of the restaurant up to your expectations,
Its always nice to see customers coming back time after time.
once again thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon
Chris.

Alicante, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Distinctly average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We recently posted a review in relation to a visit to this restaurant for Sunday Lunch.
There was no quibble with the service but the food was average.
The starters portions were smaller than other restaurants in the area who charge the same amount. The vegetables were tasteless and the “home-made" gravy was flavourless. The cherry cheesecake dessert was a small portion of cheese cake with one single cherry on top. Overall very disappointed considering the high ratings given by other reviewers.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Torode
Chris B, Owner at The Orange Tree, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review,
I am pleased that you found the service to your satisfaction but we are sorry that you were disappointed with the food,
We believe that the starter portions are comparable with other restaurants in the area,
The breaded cheese starter portion may be smaller because we use Camembert which is a superior cheese and more expensive to buy than Brie which is used by some other local restaurants.
With regard to the vegetables being tasteless I am at a loss. They are cooked fresh daily and we have never received a complaint of this kind before, as such I will discuss the issue with our head chef.
This is the same with the gravy, it is made using the meat stock but again I will discuss this matter with our head chef.
The cherry cheesecake is made by blending fresh cherries in with the mix and then decorated with a fresh cherry on the top, as for the size of the portion, I believe that a piece of homemade cheesecake approx 65mm x 65mm and 50mm deep represents very good value at 2€ as part of a set menu.
Most disappointing is the fact that every table is always checked to ensure that the food is of the standard we expect to serve to our customers, if you had said something at the time we would have had a chance to rectify anything that you considered was not to your liking or standard.
If you would like to call into the restaurant I would be happy to discuss the issues with you.
Once again thank you for your honest review.
Chris
wales
“"FANTASTIC"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We called here on our last evening in Cabo Roig. What a lovely place it is. Very friendly staff, they couldn't do enough for you. Reasonably priced food. €9.90 for 3 courses. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great food, great service and a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant,
once again thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon
Chris.
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“The best steak I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I went to the orange tree for their Saturday steak night, we booked the table on line before we left the UK, glad we did as they where busy.
My wife I had the pate for the starter and the steak with pepper sauce for thr main, there was a choice of three dishes for the starter, tomato and pepper soup, pate (think it was chicken liver) or garlic bread, the pate was really nice! On the main meal there was a choice of two dishes rump steak or chicken, what can I say about this steak? It was the best ever! We both wanted it cooked medium and unlike some steak houses we've visited it was cooked medium, there was no fat on the steak and tasted amazing.
The meal deal was €10, a drink ( wine or a beer) starter and main, there was a coupe euro charge for the pepper sauce but that was lovely too!
The restaurant looked family run and all where very friendly.
I highly recommend this place! Book in advance, we booked our table on their website.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Glynjamesroberts
Chris B, Owner at The Orange Tree, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
We always try to ensure that you the customer are satisfied with every aspect of our restaurant.
If we do not come up to your expectations we would be very disappointed.
Thank you again for your lovely comments.
Hopefully we will see you again soon
Best regards
From
Chris and all the staff.
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Good service. Poor food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We ate here after reading the reviews on trip advisor and I have to say, I was very very disappointed. The service itself was good but the food was of the poorest quality I have ever experienced on the strip. All four of our party were disappointed. Garlic bread was rubbery, chicken dry, sausages cheap, and lasagne undercooked. Reminded me of a "market cafe". Definitely won't be returning. Would have marked it terrible but the girl who served us was helpful. Avoid!

1 Thank sonya s
Chris B, Owner at The Orange Tree, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I am very disappointed with your comments as they are not what we have come to expect.
I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your meal with us.
What is more disappointing is that every table is always checked to make sure that the food is of the standard that we would expect , this gives you the customer the opportunity to tell us if something is not to your liking, on the night we served over 100 customers and had no complaints. We received another review from the same night saying how good it was.
Your review is so out of place with the other reviews we have received I struggle to comprehend where we went wrong with your meal.
Please contact me directly and I will provide you with a complimentary meal to show you the standards I have come to expect.
Again many thanks for your comments
Chris