We made our first visit to La Samanna and stayed 4 nights. Since it was low season we were able to get a discounted rate on a suite with a private rooftop plunge pool and we really enjoyed that. The resort itself is a gorgeous tropical setting with beautiful gardens and a spectacular view of Baie Longue and the Caribbean. The beauty of it attracts tour boats daily who just slowly cruise by to soak in a view of La Samanna. We felt very lucky to be the ones actually staying at the resort. The entire staff, from gardeners, housekeeping, beach attendants, right on up the chain of command, were uniformly friendly and helpful. Our suite was well equipped. We had dinner at Le Reserve one night and at poolside another. Each day began with a delicious buffet breakfast that basically carried us right into dinner.
Advice: 1) do research on what type room and where located, We chose to be down by the pool bar and infinity pool so we would be close to the beach. Note that some rooms are quite far from the main building. 2) It's ten minutes from the airport which is great. We had a car for all four days and expored the island every day. If you want just one day exploring, you can rent a car from the hotel that day 3) Hit the new Gourmet Marche at nearby Porto Cupecoy for any food and drinks that you might want for your room. We enjoyed cocktails on our balcony every night.4) Be sure to do some snorkeling and kayaking right at the beach. We didn't see any evidence of motor sports but that may be because of low season or no requests from guests. 5) For a great beach alternative visit nearby Baie Rouge which is exotic, has beach bars and is good for snorkeling. 6) It's too much to drive your own car to Grand Case for dinner, consider a taxi. We had a terrific dinner at La Cigale in nearby Baie Nettle. Highly recommend it.
So we highly recommend La Samanna and look forward to returning,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, Belmond La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 recently renovated 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. Gourmet dishes are served in the elegant Trellis, and Baie Longue Bar offers pool-side dining and views of Baie Long Beach. Dine on your private terrace and later enjoy a drink from the wine cellar. Belmond La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, West Indies, Belmond, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin