La Samanna is the only luxury property in the run down french side of St. Martin, the island has been on a steady decline for some time now. It still packs some interesting surprises like some gourmet boutique shops and very good restaurants - all tended by continental french citizens. But the rest of the island is pretty much tended by locals, and like all islanders they are very easy going and SLOW. In a way la Samanna summarizes this in the fact that yes it is a beautiful property - like in a dream - but the dream halts once you encounter the poor service of its staff, the are slow to check you in, to carry your bags, to serve you a drink, to clear a table for breakfast they are just SLOW. Nothing wrong with the food, room, .... As I have said in previous reviews, begin in the hotel business, I think they are simply suffering from having some strict labor laws and not being able either to hire more staff or to let go the ones who are not really into serving the guests, of course there are some exceptions, the maids are very friendly. In conclusion la Samanna is a monopoly on the island, if you put your mind into the architecture, the view and just let go you can have a good time and find the island's hidden treasures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, Belmond La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 recently renovated 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. Gourmet dishes are served in the elegant Trellis, and Baie Longue Bar offers pool-side dining and views of Baie Long Beach. Dine on your private terrace and later enjoy a drink from the wine cellar. Belmond La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin