Beautiful, well kept resort! The beach and pools were amazing. We stayed in one of the beach cottages and it was well worth the cost. It was spacious and decorated beautifully. The restaurant was excellent as was the view. The bar staff was the only thing mediocre, they were unfriendly and slow. The pool was rarely cleaned up from the day before until after 11am. I found the French side of the island much more relaxing and cleaner than the Dutch side. The restaurants were very good on the French side. Travelers need to be aware the taxis are very expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, Belmond La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 recently renovated 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. Gourmet dishes are served in the elegant Trellis, and Baie Longue Bar offers pool-side dining and views of Baie Long Beach. Dine on your private terrace and later enjoy a drink from the wine cellar. Belmond La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, West Indies, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin