ALthough the property is beautiful and the beach is probably the best on the island, the service seriously compromises a 5 star rating. We were on our honeymoon and have been to the island twice before this and were excited to stay at La Samanna. The suite was nice, there were plenty of towels and the room itself was very nice. However, the restaurant staff is confused and very slow. We know all about "island time" and expect that when we travel to St Martin but this was ridiculous on our last night. We dined at Trellis and it was a mess from start to finish. There wasnt enough staff present to seat and serve guests, servers didnt know the specials, we had to request our appetizer 3 times before we got it, we had to pour our own wine and water and request additional bread. We are all about taking our time and enjoying the meal- we frequently dine in Grand Case but this was terrible.I actually had to get up from my table twice and get someone to assist us in our order. It was a very disappointing last night. Not to mention our air conditioner broke and wasnt fixed for a day and a half! We had to talk to a manager to get any sort of compensation as the front desk didnt consider us a priority. It was eventually resolved but not before much frustration. Sadly, this is a 4 star resort with 5 star prices. Until they train their staff better, we will not return- unless they drastically reduce their prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, Belmond La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 recently renovated 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. Gourmet dishes are served in the elegant Trellis, and Baie Longue Bar offers pool-side dining and views of Baie Long Beach. Dine on your private terrace and later enjoy a drink from the wine cellar. Belmond La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, West Indies, Expedia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin