Belmond La Samanna
US$211
  • Pool
US$162
US$149
Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$115
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$181
Orbitz.com
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
US$95
1,150 results
All reviewsbeach barmain buildingplunge poolwine cellarla caveone bedroom suiteour honeymoonbeach attendantsconcierge staffstar servicest martinbeach servicebaie longuebeautiful beachthe main dining roomorient expresstennis courts
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Whether you're hunting for a memorable venue to celebrate a special occasion or you're scouting for the best food on St. Martin, look no further than La Samanna's Trellis restaurant. Let's begin with its setting perched on a cliff dramatically overlooking the illuminated turquoise Caribbean below. The restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor seating, but for my money I'd opt for the latter giving you a ringside seat to the drop-dead view.

We worried that the restaurant might be stuffy (in a previous incarnation jackets were required dress for men), but to our pleasant surprise it was anything but with a casually elegant atmosphere putting all diners at ease. But that casually elegant atmosphere doesn't come at the expense of either the food or the service. Both were, in a word, fantastic. I wouldn't be surprised if the waitstaff to diner ratio is 1:1, but they were in no way hovering or obtrusive. On the contrary, the waitstaff made the dinner a seamless experience. Beyond being well trained, the waitstaff was deeply knowledgeable about all the elements of the menu and well versed in the finer points of the exceptional wine list. The cuisine itself was nonpareil, start to finish superb and, in my opinion, superior to anything you might eat in Grand Case, the so-called "gourmet capital of the Caribbean"

As for La Samanna itself: longtime visitors to the hotel, we were pleased to discover it operating at it's very best in years. The general manger of recent vintage, Pascal Deyrolle, has very much put his personal stamp on the hotel and it shows in all aspects. The physical plant of the hotel, always well maintained, is now a cut above and the level of service discernibly elevated. Any hiccups we observed in years past, like for instance a shortage of beach chairs in winter 2012, are very much a thing of the past. Truly, La Sammana is most improved!

2  Thank DeLoNYC956
LaSamanna, General Manager at Belmond La Samanna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear DeLoNYC956,
Thank you very much for your great review and I am very happy to read that you noticed the improvements made over the last few years. My entire team works very hard to consistently deliver the best service to our guests and we are touched when efforts are recognized through such positive feedback.
I am very much looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We have heard so many wonderful things about La Samanna...cant wait to show up May 12
thanks for the reviews that promise wonderful service. cant wait!!!. We trust these reviews! what a great week ahead.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Wedge6,
What a great idea to check out the reviews before your arrival on May 12th. May I suggest you to contact my Guest Relations Manager Maylis for any arrangement you might want to make prior to your venue? Her email is: mdepompignan@lasamanna.com
We are very much looking forward to your visit to our little paradise.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had Sunday lunch on the decking overlooking a wonderful beach. Beautiful setting matched by the food and wine. If I was being picky, the only minus point was not being allowed proper glassware (health and safety! ) . The occasion was completed by hearing that England beat Wales at rugby earlier in the day -trounced them !!! would love to return

1  Thank Peter G

Dear Carolyn G,
Thank you very much for your nice review and I am happy to read you enjoyed your short time with us. As you mention it, French law doesn’t allow us to serve drinks and food in glassware when we are on a beach or by a pool. As I read that you are a wine amateur, I must tell you about our fantastic and exclusive Wine Cellar dinner where our sommelier will pair your 5 courses menu with amazing wines from all over the world. Our cellar has the largest wine collection in the Caribbean with over 12 000 bottles. Do not hesitate in contacting our concierge for more information: concierge@lasamanna.com
Thanks again for your review and I hope you will consider coming back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We happened upon La Samanna by accident, as we were walking along Baie Longue. And, we are so happy we did!! We walked up to the hotel and were instantly greeted by two of the most friendliest people I have ever met! They made me feel instantly at home! They immediately got us lounge chairs, got us drinks, and we were in heaven. The food was excellent. They have an infinity pool that was so nice. From our pictures, we couldn't tell where the pool ended and the ocean began. The rooms looked incredible and the restaurant overlooked the ocean and had the best views of the sunset. This is the place to stay in Baie Longue. It's as if you have your own private, beautiful beach!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
LaSamanna, General Manager at Belmond La Samanna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear gretchen411,

I am very glad to read that your walk brought you to our beautiful property. It is true that a day on our beach is often compared to a day in Heaven. Feel free to come back again for lunch as the menu on the board changes everyday and promises to regale your taste buds.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, this is highly appreciated. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

As I was having a day layover between flights of 14 hours I decide to book a room at La Samanna. They honoured my request and I was extremely pleased.
Fabulous room with great views, enjoyed an excellent breakfast a great lunch and extremely friendly service!
I shall return!

Room Tip: Try the terrace suite!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DFWJ

Dear DFWJ,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor while you were with us only for a few hours. This was such a great idea to stop by.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the future to our "Friendly Island".