The hotel is in a beautiful spot but the service was terrible. The staff were untrained and worst of all very unfriendly. Many of the guest who were staying at the hotel when we where there were unhappy and dissapointed. The food was good but they messed up orders all the time; the room service was fair. To top it all off there was a weeding on saturday that took over the only pool at the hotel; kicking out the rest of the gests without notice. La Samanna is overrated and I would recommend you look for a better place to spend your vaction and money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, Belmond La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 recently renovated 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. Gourmet dishes are served in the elegant Trellis, and Baie Longue Bar offers pool-side dining and views of Baie Long Beach. Dine on your private terrace and later enjoy a drink from the wine cellar. Belmond La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin