La Samanna is a very spread out hotel. It is exceptionally pricey, and, at least in the summer, the beach washes away, leaving you with a cliff to get down, in order to get in the water.
The rooms are beautiful, but since it is villa style, they are VERY far from everything. The spa is nice, but very pricey. No steam room, no hot tub...just some massage therapists, who, frankly, watch the clock VERY closely.
The breakfast buffet is nice. Never ate dinner there, but $19 for a hamburger seems pathetic.
We LOVE St. Maarten (especially the French side), but would think twice about a repeat visit to La Samanna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, Belmond La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 recently renovated 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. Gourmet dishes are served in the elegant Trellis, and Baie Longue Bar offers pool-side dining and views of Baie Long Beach. Dine on your private terrace and later enjoy a drink from the wine cellar. Belmond La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Belmond, West Indies, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, MrandMrsSmith and Ebookers so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin