“Fun for the whole family”
Review of Xperience Watersports - CLOSED

Xperience Watersports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Xperience is the hub for all the watersports you can possibly dream of doing when visiting St.Martin-St.Maarten. From Flyboarding to full day excursions on jet skis. Charter boats, kite surfing and SCUBA Diving are also available. What's more? Tubing, kayaks, SUP boards and windsurfing are also on the menu. Xperience the one-stop shop if you're looking to get wet!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is my first review and it's because I promised the Xperience guys I would do it when I got back so I could thank them for showing my family such a great time. So if you are just looking for a yes or no whether you should book with them, the answer is yes and you can stop reading. If you are looking for more details of what to expect, keep reading.

My family did the Oasis of the Seas cruise and I wasn't very excited about any of the excursions through the cruise line and they are overpriced anyway. I wanted to do a jet ski tour and saw that Xperience stated they would pick us up right at the terminal. Not having to worry about transportation was important. I emailed with a few questions and Yovann got back to me the same day and assured my they would pick us all up, drop us off and the tour price was per jet ski, not per rider. My kids are 10 and 12 so they couldn't have their own jet ski. We were thinking about tubing but I didn't want to commit since the kids might be burned out after the jet ski ride. This was one of the great things about this tour. Since we were the only ones there that day, we could stay as long or short as we wanted and they offered to take us to a restaurant before we went back if we didn't want to eat on the ship. We ended up doing the Adventure Tour and Tubing but didn't stop to eat.

Yovann picked us up right outside of the terminal gates by the roadway entrance. There are two gates so you need to go to one at the street not the gate at the dock. This was a little confusing because our cell phones don't work in St. Maarten so I couldn't call. The meet up spot is next to the turnstiles by the street gate with security guards. There were a few of the different excursion company people there since they can't go in without being associated with the cruise lines.

We loaded into their van and started with a tour of the island. This was an unexpected surprise. I didn't know we were going to see the island but they basically do a loop around the island so you see about 3/4 of it on the way there and the last 1/4 on the way back. The guys aren't tour guides so it wasn't an overly informative or narrated tour but we saw the island and they answered most of our questions.

The "resort" that the company is based out of is not really a resort. The LeFlamboyant is a bit run down and it looks like it was partially converted to condos. I had visions of getting drinks or food by the pool at a French resort while we were there but it's not like that. They do have a basic pool, bathrooms and an outdoor shower but you won't be hanging out at the resort. This is the only negative I can think of and it has really nothing to do with the excursions. On a side note, they do have a little hut where they can lock up your stuff while you are out so you don't have to worry about it.

We did the jet ski tour first and it takes you for a loop from the lagoon, out to the ocean, and back to the lagoon. I don't think my wife and I have been on jet skis for about 18 years so it was nice that we could go at our own pace. Our tour guide was Jonathan and he let us go as slow or fast as we wanted. The lagoon is pretty calm but there were some pretty big waves in the ocean. The jet skis are new and very stable. They handled the ocean waves very well and once we got the hang of them we ended up doing some pretty big jumps in the ocean. We stopped to swim near a few of the ocean beaches and could stay as long or short as we wanted. We also went right under where the planes land and sat there for a while so we could watch a few planes go right over us. We circled back to the lagoon and got to go all out where the water was calmer. My son couldn't stop screaming how awesome the ride was and he didn't want to get off the jet ski.

We finally got my son off the jet ski by taking him tubing. They have different size tubes and we went with the family size one so we could all ride together. Once again, you can go as fast or slow as you want which was interesting since my son wanted to get thrown off. We did a medium level ride with everyone, a more extreme ride with me and my son and then the kids did another medium ride by themselves.

I can't say enough good things about this excursion. Everyone had a blast and it was so laid back and relaxing to not have to worry about missing a ride somewhere or being on a tight schedule. You get an exceptional bang for the buck with Xperience since a similar tour booked through the cruise would have been much more expensive.

If you are looking for some watersports in St. Maarten you won't be disappointed with Xperience.

1  Thank Paul B

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My boyfriend and I did the 2 hour excursion and we will be talking about it for years to come! We met a couple eating dinner at our resort who mentioned the company and passed along the contact information. We emailed the company that night (email communication is ideal as we were only using the wifi on our phones) and they responded promptly to set up a tour the next day. They even picked up for free! We were on the French side, so its was a quick drive down to another hotel. The owner and employee we met were seriously the nicest guys ever! Polite, informative and seemed to really love their jobs. The owner - a masterful rider, and really fun to watch - led our tour into part of the water i didnt think i would be brave enough to enter via jetski and I must admit, when we were deeper into the ocean my heart raced a bit, but it was an exhilarating ride and i was proud of myself for taking on the challenge! He was patient and really made sure we were enjoying ourselves and safe the entire time. We saw AMAZING houses and parts of the island we would have never been able to see by car. I would recommend this to ANYONE with a sense of adventure and keen on experiencing the island in a different way.

4  Thank LawShley
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Yovann and his crew are very friendly,
They come pick you up at the airport, even with a Jet Ski, what a VIP service!

The equipment is brand new and powerful, I enjoyed the new light version of the Seadoo, it is like doing wheeling on the street but the safest way on the water!

Truly great memories!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I want to thank Yovane for everything, we had a blast trying jet ski and fly board :this is truly an amazing activity, 100% sensations in calm water on a safety area. We loved it, see you next year.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 May 2014

All I can say is wow. We have visited St. Maarten 9 times now and have had a lot of jet ski rides but this was unlike anything we'd experienced. My family and I (My husband, me and 3 sons 16, 20 and 26) rood with Yovann in early May 2014 and all I can say is that it FAR exceeded any Jet ski activity we'd every had. Let me warn you however, the 2 hour ride we took is not for the timid rider. It was intense, heart pounding, exciting, and just flat out fun. Yovann is a master rider but took his time with our group to make sure everyone was safe and had a chance behind the wheel. When we got so far out in the ocean that I couldn't see land anywhere around me was when the scary part came in but boy were my sons in heave. When in St. Maarten it's worth the time to search them out. If your not staying on the French side, just make you way over and ask any of the Locals where the Flamboyant hotel is located. Yovann, I cant thank you enought...My boys don't talk about any other part of our trip except the jet skis.