“A very relaxing hotel.”

Mai Samui Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Ang Thong
Reviewed 16 December 2013

A Great hotel and very polite staffs. It's quite far from the central of Samui but the hotel has a Shuttle bus services, you just let them know where & when!!. facilities in the room is very convenient. Especially a big bathtub ( we stayed an access pool type ). A pool and food also very nice. I can say that the room price and facilities are suitable for me. Certainly, we will come back here again.

Room Tip: Access Pool Room type is Enough !!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SB Y
There are newer reviews for Mai Samui Resort & Spa

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. Stay in poolside room...delightful .It was a bit of a distance to most places...but with shuttle buses etc you figured a way around it. Thai cooking class is a must . I would definately return .
Want cheaper laundry service use the shop down the drive... Cheaper.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank bfh666
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Wonderful experience, to all the staff at Mai Samui thank you for a an enjoyable 5 night stay .
The happy hour/s cocktails at the beach bar were a highlight of the stay .
And the warm friendly atmosphere was very pleasant
We will be back when we can grab another Scoopon but next time we will stay longer

John .C

Room Tip: Deluxe pool access option is great
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We came here with an open mind but have been blown away! We renewed our vowels on the beach and it was 10 times better than expected they go out of there way to make everything perfect for your stay between my husband and myself we have travelled all over the world and we have never been to a more beautiful place than this one we will be back again and again and would recommend people to get married here so romantic love this place definatly a 5 star if there was a six it would be a six thank you to all the staff for making our dreams a reality

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Connie1967
Reviewed 8 December 2013

All I can say is this place is magical. We truly loved this resort. The staff did have some trouble understanding us sometimes but they were helpful and hospitable. I thought the food was sensational. I loved the breakfasts, the buffet always had so much to choose from. The chef would whip you up and amazing omelette. The dinners were great value and so fresh.We ate out at the top restaurant outside the resort where we paid a whopping 2600 baht and we thought the food at the resort was so much more tastier and at a fraction of the cost. We had an amazing meal for about 500 baht including a cocktail. This is about $20 dollars AUD, tell where can you eat like this in Australia.

Yes we were alittle far out from the busier regions but I prefer this as we got a bigger room and they offer a shuttle to the main shopping area. So we would have breakfast then head off to the main shopping area. Did I mention the pool I have stayed in many 5 star hotels and I rate this pool to be one of the best.

I would say the only thing they could improve on was the price of the day spa. It was one of the best massage I had but it was pricey.

Other than that it was a fabulous resort, great staff and food!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rebecca D
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Comfortable, well manicured resort. Situated half an hour drive from Chaweng Beach the main shopping center in Koh Samui. The resort provided three shuttle buses a day to and from Chaweng. Suited more towards people who want time out than those who want to be amongst the hussle and bussle all the time.
The staff are always extremely friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

Room Tip: Try to getin A or B block which are the beach side of the resort.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I recently spent 7 nights at Mai Samui with my fiancé and I have to say I was truly disappointed. The positives: it's a 45 min drive from Chaweng and fronts onto a secluded little beach. The restaurant next door called The Terrace (you walk along the beach for 5 mins and it's right there) was a godsend. The pool is lovely and the staff are friendly but cannot really understand you. The negatives: the rooms seem nice at first glance but the fixtures are pretty poor - our shower head dripped big droplets of cold water even during a hot shower, the windows in the bathroom do not fully close so lots of mosquitos come to say hi (I was covered in bites despite using the insect repellant provided by the hotel), the roof leaked (all over my suitcase half full of clean clothes that I was saving for Koh Tao). The biggest let down of all was the overpriced food. We ate at the resort about half the time - every meal was cold. For instance, they make the 'buffet' meals hours before serving them up into shiny dishes that you think are keeping them warm but they are just sitting there going cold. Even the poached eggs are made ready to serve at 6am and left in a dish with soggy bread until they are eaten. Cold every time. When we asked for wine it was given to us half an hour later as they have it sitting warm on a shelf, not in the fridge. It never tasted quite right and was massively overpriced. Massages at the spa cost you $100 Aussie. This is almost as much as The Four Seasons in Sydney - one of the most high end spas in Sydney. The highlight of the trip for us was the night we went for dinner and sunset drinks at The W Hotel in Mae Nam (charged 1600 baht for a return journey from our hotel - 5-10 min ride away). The cocktails actually tasted like cocktails. There was an awesome DJ playing (oh, did I mention that Mai Samui plays the same 5 songs on loop all day long?? Snoop Dog anyone?). The food was definitely 5 star. AND the prices were on par with Mai Samui. I know where I would rather spend my hard-earned money. If you do choose to go to Mai Samui, I would definitely recommend dining at The W Hotel, The Four Seasons (right next door) and The Terrace (right next door). When we checked out, it was hard to understand how the bill worked and there were two members of staff who just couldn't communicate with us at all. It was very awkward. I definitely would not recommend Mai Samui to friends. I have never written a review like this but felt that the other reviews on here are misleading. The next hotel we visited was a 4 star called Jamahkiri Resort on Koh Tao. It was head and shoulders better than Mai Samui.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SydneyMiss100
Yalyong O, General Manager at Mai Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Value Guest

Greeting from Mai Samui Beach Resort and Spa

On behalf of Mai Samui Management team please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at the Mai Samui Beach resort and Spa.
We strive to ensure all our customer experience the best visits possible during their travels. We always take every complaint seriously and we will keep your comment to improve our service. Please trust us for next visit we will treat you as a VIP guest.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay.

Mai Samui Management team

#1 of 103 in Chaweng
Code
Code
#2 of 30 in Mae Nam

Been to Mai Samui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!