“Lovely mai samui”

Mai Samui Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Ang Thong
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed 10-20 th aug
This is my 4 th visit to mai samui.
The resort is beautiful. 3 restaurants and 2 main pools Well maintained. Swim up bars staffed by lovely bar people
The restaurants are a little pricey but u can access local Thai restaurants nearby
The spa is amazing. But also a bit more expensive than the local massage places
It is a away from the main city of Chaweng but a shuttle is provided there and back for free
The staff are so helpful and friendly nothing is too much trouble
After reading that another guest was given free upgrade to pool rooms same time I was there I'm a bit disappointed I was offered the same as I am a frequent guest. Will ask next time as I plan to go back :) I did ask to change my room as it was too noisy which was done easily.
F grace

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Brentnall
Yalyong O, General Manager at Mai Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Brentnall,

Greetings from Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa.

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent holiday and taking your time to extend your review based on your experience.

Looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Good place to relax for a start of a holiday, but a little bit far away from any main shops.our room was a little noisey but great views. Pool was great.but a little bit expensive for the location and you had to wait for transportation or walk up to the main road and get a tuktuk or taxi

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank maroubra1
Yalyong O, General Manager at Mai Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear maroubra1,

Greetings from Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa.

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent holiday and for taking the time to share such comments.

Thanks you once again for staying with us and looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel from August 3rd till August 9th 2014.
Everything was perfect.

Checkin smooth. Room was in building between road and sea( we requested this by mail upfront and it was noted as strong request). The other building is farther away from the beach.

Rooms are clean, furniture is as new. Hotel is well maintained.

The main pool is big, pool bar with great views.

The beach is nice, but a lot of coral waste in the water, therefor walking in the water can cause some pain at your feets. Low tide will give you great views.

Restaurants: Only had 2 meals at hotel, which were good, but more expensive as local restaurants.

Location: the hotel is situated at the beach, a little isolated, with only 1 restaurant down the beach. Bophut is a 25min drive, you will find everything you need here (shops, restaurants, ...).
Drive to Chaweng and airport is about 45minutes.

Overall feeling: very good!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in he building between the road and the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Michael M
Yalyong O, General Manager at Mai Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Micheman
Warm greeting from Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa

Thank you very much to spending your time writing us some review which I do really appreciated to learnt that you have a great time during your stay with us.
Me and my team are looking forward to welcome you back again for your next holiday.

Thank you and take care.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend for ten days.

Positives: The hotel was brilliant, room was great and was upgraded for free to a pool access as it was available at the time. Staff were helpful, pool was huge and very clean, beach was part of the hotel. You could take out kayaks free of charge at the beach. There were 3 restaurants. A Thai style restaurant which was excellent. A beach restaurant which was good and a fine dining restaurant which was also good but very expensive.

Negatives: Not many however i will suggest some points:
- The hotel was not in walking distance of anything however it was nice to be away from the large towns.
- Even though the hotel was near on full, there was not many people there in restaurants and to mingle with in the day which could be seen as a positive to some as there was always a sunbed available.

Other Points: Theres a great little restaurant which is very cheap about 200metres down the beach from the hotel if you want to try some traditional thai food there for excellent value. Under half the price of the hotel.

Room Tip: South side rooms have better sun throughout the day. (great if you have a pool access room)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Josh W
Yalyong O, General Manager at Mai Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Josh W,

Warm greeting from Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on this site.

I am really glad to read that you have a great holiday with us.

Thank you and take care.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful place! Great pools, lovely rooms - beautiful and quiet.

All staff are amazing, so welcoming and friendly. Thank you to all for a wonderful stay. Mr T and Merlin were a great help, along with all the staff at brekky. Always up for a chat and to give helpful pointers for dinner and places to visit!

Although a little far from everything taxis are expensive.. And there is only one restaurants on the beach which we thought there would have been loads. Didn't swim at the beach either, not really the best for swimming...

Make sure you visit bophut - fishermans village especially Friday or Sunday night as there is a massive market and loads of cheap cocktails!!

Boh pae just down the road has wonderful restaurants along the beach and is great for swimming- visit!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Claire G
Yalyong O, General Manager at Mai Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Claire G,

Warm Greeting from Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on this site.

I am really glad to read that you have a great holiday with us.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This place is perfect for getting away from everything and just staying at the resort. They cater to couples and families so if you're solo you may get ignored, I don't think it's intentional. The hotel has everything great food, bike rentals, yoga and water aerobics. They even did the class for just me! The gym is nice and the sand pool was great. My favorite part of this hotel was the spa! It's a must! I didn't really like how the beach loungers were set up on the beach cafeteria style...it was a but awkward but the chairs near the pool were perfect. Overall it was a great stay it's quite far from the city but there is a shuttle 3 times a day so you never miss out!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank A C

Dear A C

Warm Greeting from Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa

Thank you for choosing our resort for your holiday and for taking the time to share such a wonderful comments.
Thank you once again for staying with us also me and my team are looking forward to welcome you back again for your next holiday.

Yalyong Ongsanam

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here in June with my sister, her husband and their 16 year old Son. I have stayed in Koh Samui before in a wonderful hotel and even though we know we'd booked a fancy one again this time round, wow, we were surprised when we got there.

The grounds were absolutely beautiful, the hotel was so clean and well maintained throughout, our hotel room was a balcony room and it was a much larger size than expected with an out of this world walk in bath. My sister stayed in the pool access room which was also lovely. The staff could not have been friendlier asking us each day what our plans were and suggesting places to visit. The breakfast chef and the general manager in particular took extra care of us, we have never in ANY hotel before felt so welcome and special.

The breakfast was beautiful everything you could think of to eat, the drinks at the hotel were great, in particular, the pool bar however if you know the island well hotels are very expensive compared to any bars outside so it is definitely worth taking them up on the 'happy hours' when they are on for your drinks. We didn't use the spa as know outside it is much cheaper but it looked nice all the same, it was based on the other side of the hotel which was very quiet with an absolute gorgeous sand pool. We spent many hours relaxing there.

The hotel itself is a little remote which is what we wanted however only main road leading from the hotel is the edge of a cliff therefore there are no side walks so you have to be careful but in saying this if you want a nice quiet hotel in Koh Samui this is generally what you get, the hotel offered and arranged taxi's for us where needed which was really nice of them to ask. It is worth hiring a scooter or car if you want to go out for the day however the hotel also offers free transfers to Chaweng a few times a day which is the busy part of the island, a suggestion would be to put a later leaving and returning transfer on as taxi's are expensive.

If we had to criticise anything it would be that the top two or three steps to the pool are made with stone and are quite sharp, this caused a few uncomfortable footings into the pool. The food in other local hotels was a lot cheaper than in this hotel and still of a good quality, where good hotels are generally expensive anyway we would have eaten her more than the once if it was a little cheaper.

It was out of season when we went and the hotel was very quiet but I can imagine it would still be relaxing during the peak months. 2 bottles of water were free in our room each day however we always received more on the hot days and the general manager and other staff often passed us some water if we were by the pool.

There were so many extra special touches we received on this holiday, whilst we don't like to visit the same hotel twice, I would definitely recommend it to anybody staying in Koh Samui and if we go back to the area again I would visit for the day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank Sarah M

Dear Sarah M

Warm Greeting from Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa.

We will improve the service as you comment and will be keep the standard service.

Yalyong Ongsanam

#4 of 185 in Bophut
Code
Code
#2 of 30 in Mae Nam

Been to Mai Samui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!