Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand
US$20
Win Hotel(Ang Thong)
US$23
US$22
Mai Samui Resort & Spa(Ang Thong)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$95
Agoda.com
The Passage Samui Villas & Resort(Ang Thong)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$85
US$31
US$30
Baan Sijan Resort(Ang Thong)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$91
Agoda.com
Sam Cee Resort(Ang Thong)
US$19
US$194
US$159
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
1,486 results
All reviewspla plabuggy servicekoh samuibuggy driversprivate poolbeach staffin villa diningkids clubgolf buggiesonce in a lifetimesteep hillbreathtaking viewsour honeymoonmain restaurantbedroom villathai restaurantthe entire staff
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Service and ambience were always top-notch. Comfortable pool-villa with bathroom area larger than bedroom. This was our 2nd trip to FS Samui, but the best part of it - the house reef - had been degraded somehow.

Our first trip was in Sept 2009, when there was so much daily activities going on….free kite making, soap craving, scuba dive trial in pool, etc. But these were not much arranged this summer. The only activity we looked forward to join was tennis at 8am, so we woke up early in the sunny morning to get ready for it. Though confirmed by the concierge, we were called at the last minute that it had been cancelled. A bit disappointed. Anyhow, FS was supported by a very attentive and caring team of staff, the in-house activities could surely be shaped better to enhance guests' expectations.

Its house reef was used to be one of the finest among Thailand Resorts. Corals were good and huge as round table that my under-water camera could not capture the whole scene. Giant clam used to be there too. But just in 2 years, the stunning and amazing natural beauty was vanished imperceptibly.. May be the resort keepers should figure out how to protect and restore the sea lives back to its previous vitality..

However, the buffet breakfast included with our villa was a great delight. There was an egg station, with typical American breakfast food such as bacon and sausages. Also, there was a plethora of fresh fruits, croissants and cold cuts such as smoked salmon and parma ham! What we enjoyed the most was juice of the day, ranging from coconut juice, fruit punches, watermelon juices to etc.! Truly a great start of a wonderful day at Koh Samui! Dinner with room-service set in the verandah at night with a cool summer breeze was also enjoyable.

Recommended FS for family travelling to Koh Samui. It would be a very good combo of fun and sun in luxury.

Room Tip: Some rooms offer larger pool than others, try your luck!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank GGHolliday
FSKohSamui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2011

Dear GGHolliday:

We are glad that you came back to visit us a second time and had a good vacation.

I am disappointed that you felt that there were less activities than before as we have maintained the variety but only have changed the timing based on the feedback of other guests. Next time, we will make a better effort to communicate our full range of activities. But most importantly, I am truly sorry that our Tennis Pro had to cancel the session on short notice. Although it is difficult to procure the professional level of service that our guests require on the island, we are diligently locating back-up options for our activities to ensure that no other guest experiences the same disappointment.

After the two major storms on the island (November 2010 and March 2011) impacted the coast, we are working to regrow the beautiful coral in our reef and attract the interesting marine life that had lived there previously. I hope that you can come back soon and see the results of our efforts.

Thanks for your great comments about the breakfast offering that we continue to enhance on a weekly basis.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed at this FANTASTIC resort for 20 luxurious and fun days. It was exactly what our family needed - a relaxing, calm and pristine place with a stunning, well-kept beach, FANTASTIC food (a highlight) and exceptionally friendly and attentive staff (a true highlight). Our villa (305) had superb view of the ocean, the villa itself - apart from being trully stunning to look at, was very functional and userfriendly for our small family (2 my husband and I and our 2 yr old toddler). On arrival we were greeted warmly with a exceptional cake for our little birthday boy (with a cake and bed for his teddy too :-)) A great touch. Room service was excellent - particularly if you like Asian food like we do. The Western food was EXCELLENT when we did try it - but we mostly ate Thai (it's a fraction of the price too :-)) the Kids Clube was a TRUE HIGHLIGHT as they girls are exeptionally caring and they made our little boy laugh a lot and they look after him beautiuflly. There are so many daily activities for children - our little boy still remembers Namwan (one of minders from Kids Club) and the two friends he made while at kids club: Zack and Aria from Perth. Breakfast was very tasty and with a stunning view - one comment though: I only worked out towards the end of our trip the pricing of the 2 different types of breakfast - so I was eating both from the buffet and was ordering scrambled eggs and the cost was double. If I simply ordered a la carte, it would have been more economical (a small point that hotel may mention to new guests). The spa is trully stunning but the treatments can be hit and miss - the massages are exceptional and the ambiance is truly stunning. However, I would think twice before paying $150 for a facial at that spa as some of the therapists are not properly trained beauticians (I had both a fantastic facial with a fully-trained Bangkok beautician and a FANTASTIC (best ever) pedicure and I also had a very average facial from a local lady.) So, if you are booking a facial, double check that it's with a properly trained beautician. The spa manager has been very kind after my less than favourable feedback and I had my 2nd facial and pedi on the house. All the buggy boys, waiting staff, Kids Club girls LOVED our little boy and they knew us by name by day 3 I think. Everyone was EXCEPTIONALLY curteous and helpful - even after we've been there for 20 days. I would highly recommend the Managers Coctails on the beach as the staff put a lot of effort to make it a gorgeous night. Another huge HIGHLIGHT was our private dinner on the beach - now THAT was something stunning!! The service was gorgeous and we had private music playing while we had the most gorgeous Thai (our preference) dinner with lovely wine and bubbly. although we've been together for close to 10 years, we still love to have such special moments to celebrate our love and friendship. I can't tell you how exciting and beautifully delivered the whole experience was and we'll remember it for many years to come. I'm sending this feedback from my laptop and I don't have any of the holiday photos on it - bummer as they look stunning! OK - I don't have one single bad word to say about this place - we were simply overwhelmed how nice ALL of the staff were - from the Resort Manager Lubosh to the General Manager Brent - they are really interesting and friendly people and they made us feel more like old friends than hotel guests. On departure, were were given a GORGEOUS leather and silver frame from their boutique store and we've placed a photo from our holiday to always remind us of this FANTASTIC, sunny and happy trip. I hope you can experience it like we did! Oh yes - check out the Elephant trekking and a trip to the Fisherman's Village. Happy Holidays!

Room Tip: We used room 305 - it was a bit far from the beach - but we love to walk - but the view was spectacular. Not noisy at all.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellie_R034

Dear Ellie_R034:

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your long holiday at Four Seasons. I know that our team truly enjoyed the opportunity to pamper your family during their vacation at our Resort.

I am sorry that we did not better communicate our breakfast options (either buffet or a la carte) at the beginning of your stay and you had to discover it later in your stay. Also, it is most unfortunate that one of your experiences with our spa was not at the level that you had come to expect after the many outstanding treatments that you had received. I know that our Spa Manager reacted quickly to your comments and re-training was immediately done for that type of treatment.

The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back to Koh Samui.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2011

We had a short stay at this Four Seasons on July 27-29, 2011.

The good parts first:

• Gorgeous villa with a fairly large private pool, the whole thing "hanging" over the hillside
• The private beach at the bottom of the resort, with fine-grained almost-white sand, numerous beach chairs, and good service throughout the day
• Exceptional friendliness and quality of service by the entire staff, including the resort manager. In addition, they apparently all go to great lengths to always know and use your names instead of just your room number, which is a nice touch.
• As the hotel is a hillside location with sometimes steep paths, this makes for beautiful views; and the buggy system turns what could be hard on the legs to a fun series of small trips throughout the day
• Getting a late checkout (no-one was taking our villa on that day) was so straightforward and smooth it felt automatic!
• Free per-weekday activities offering a good variety of things

The not so good parts:

• Well, the price list certainly reflects the hotel's standing. Most things were about twice the prices we could observe slightly farther East (Boh Phut and Chaeweng areas), even in other good hotels.
• Although a startling number of things, sometimes unexpected, are complimentary, Wi-Fi is not, and it's not cheap, either. As Brent, the resort manager, undoubtedly will read this momentarily :-), I'll certainly state that I understand providing quality Wi-Fi in a secluded part of an *island* in Asia is no mean feat and requires multiple providers and infrastructure. However, I believe bundling such stuff in the price of the room (raise it by $10/day or something!) and making it free resortwide would make for a more pleasant experience. Other (extra?) approaches, such as limiting the amount of devices per room (no less than 3 though, I guess) or bandwidth, would be acceptable too.

Overall, we had a terrific short stay there, nicely wrapping up our 2 weeks in Thailand.

Room Tip: If you go villas, I believe the 700-706 lane may be the best location (middle of the resort, good view down, good privacy)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Élodie et Chris... P

Dear byzance80:

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the Resort including our friendly staff and our extensive range of complimentary activies. Although we are not able to provide free internet in our guest rooms, we continue to provide complimentary internet access in our Library. Also, we are in the process of modifying our internet packages choices to better meet the needs of each guest.

I appreciate your comments and your helpful feedback.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Without any doubt this is the best hotel I have been so far, everything is perfect that's why my review will be short. I just wanted to give some credits for this amazing hotel which I still rave about to all my friends after a few years. The hotel is secluded as FS owns the whole hill, with all the beautiful villas perches on each sides descending to a beautiful private beach with white sand and palm trees, with all the facilities around such as beach bar, swimming pool, restaurant. (design is amazing throughout) Good restaurant at the top, great breakfast, dinner is good too but encountered a hit and miss once. Spa is out of this world, and just going to your private spa house is an experience to itself, though the price is really high...

We had a private pool villa at the top of the hill, our sea view was somewhat obstructed so I strongly recommend to stay in a lower part of the hill.

Our stay was just perfect, and we'll keep those memories forever! I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank AnthonyKLondon

Dear AnthonyKLondon:

I am thrilled that you still have great memories of our Resort. We continue to improve the overall quality of our Restaurants with the recent arrival of our new Executive Chef. I am sorry about the obstructed view from your villa. We recently have trimmed our jungle foliage to improve the views from the higher villas yet retain the privacy that the trees provide.

I hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2011

where do i start?fantastic service-kind and attentive. fabulous villas- the views from your private pools are great. the food is amazing. Now, there is no getting around the fact that the resort is on a very(!) steep hill. walking down to the lovely private beach and restaurant was easy but you will definitely need the buggy back up! saying that, it was so easy to call for buggys from anywhere in the resort and they arived within minutes. the only slight drawback is that the resort is a bit isolated. its very easy to get to get the cabin fever vibe so definitely get out and explore. Also the beach bar is a bit poor. There really should be a more focal, lively bar. All in all though, a great experience

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
FSKohSamui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Dear belfasttraveller7:

I am so pleased that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our Resort including the food, service and pool villas.

Thank you for the comment about the need for a more active bar atmosphere at the Resort. In the short-term, we are planning some changes to our entertainment offering. Also, we will modify the beach bar this autumn which will hopefully address your concerns.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.