“Memorable”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Ang Thong
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Memorable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We spent our wedding Anniversary last week in Four Season and love every minute of our time there. The staffs at four seasons are fabulous they call us by name in every section we went. I made this stay as surprise for my wife and every staff helps me with the plan accordingly. Room facilities are top class, very comfortable bed. Our pool in the villa was like a little haven, so peaceful and relaxing.
Pla Pla restaurant was nice, good atmosphere and attentive service. Food was good but my risotto was a bit too salty. It’s just my personal taste but overall we love our experience in the restaurant.
The breakfast was excellent with such a variety of food, fresh orange juice serve on the table. Panorama sea view, the service was so friendly and attention to details.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
FSKohSamui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear surachet_pr:

The team and I are proud to have been part of such a special occasion and appreciative of your feedback. Thank you for sharing your review here on TripAdvisor and for choosing Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui for your wedding anniversary. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Lubosh Barta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

It has taken a little time for me to get around to writing this but suffice to say that a couple of months on, the memories are just as sweet as when we left.

On almost every holiday now we find ourselves returning to FS properties. Largely because the service and experience is reliably wonderful every time and this was no exception.

The resort grounds are stunning, perched on the hillside at the north western side of the island. The villas are spaced far apart with privacy from neighbours and most with lovely views. The only exception would be the villas on the third row up I think that are a little overlooked. We stayed in a beachfront villa on the second row back which was perfect for us but I think it would be difficult to go wrong from what I could see.

The villa was beautiful. Shaded, roomy and luxurious with Thai detailing. The outside space was big with a double lounger, mini bar, pool etc. with a lovely view so a really nice place to spend time in the evenings as I noticed most people did.

The choice of restaurants was good. Authentic Thai 'Koh' and Mediterranean 'Pla, Pla' (on the beach). They also had lovely beach barbecues twice a week. We agreed that a more relaxed dining option would be a good addition. This kind of food was covered by the in-villa dining menu if needed. There are lots of off resort dining options but they are definitely worth trying if you have the opportunity during your stay. 'Koh' where breakfast is served has beautiful views over Koh Phangan and neighbouring islands and the adjacent bar is perfect for a drink at sunset.

The beach was lovely and secluded. The beaches in Thailand are public but the clever positioning of the resort made it impossible for hawkers to get to which just added to the tranquility. There were numerous activities on offer; kayaking, snorkelling, diving trips, paddle boarding etc. No jet skis thankfully.

The spa was peaceful and the range of treatments on offer was extensive. Therapists were informed and friendly. Some of the spa rooms are a bit of a hike in the heat but it's worth it for the tranquility and the views. The beauty salon is equally lovely and well serviced (nails, hair etc.)

Really the best bit for us, as always was the warm welcome from the staff who continuously went out of their way to ensure we were having the best time possible. It's difficult to know where to begin with the thanks but definitely a special mention to Lubosh- the General Manager, Ram - the Resort Manager and Alex - the Head Chef. Such discreet and faultless service made for a perfect experience. A big thank you to the beach staff too, especially Zac (I hope I have remembered your name correctly) who tended to our every need in a friendly, non-intrusive way. We couldn't have asked for more. Thank you.

Cannot wait for the next FS experience in September when we return for our 3rd visit to the Bali properties. Another slice of heaven....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TravelbugKirsty
Dear TravelbugKirsty:

We strive on ensuring that all of our guests enjoy their stay with us; I am thrilled to hear that your experience was, as you put it, "perfect in every way".

Your continued patronage of Four Seasons is truly appreciated and if I can be of any assistance with your travel plans to other Four Seasons properties, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

One amazing stay at Four Seasons Koh Samui.
The hotel location and villa settings makes you feel at home where everything you ask for is there and more. A breathtaking view with your own pool is what is needed to feel relaxed.
Very personalized service and the staff will make their best to meet up your requests and expectations with a simple smile and a great heart.
The everyday sweet coconut treats in your room and the exotic fruits are well appreciate plus.
The food menu and choices meet up all tastes from the one hoping to have a pure Thai dish to international food.

At night the quite nature and the tropical warmth invites you to a wonderful walk in between the villas down to the beach where we enjoyed a Sunday barbecue dinner with fire animation...
From the reception...to the spa this is by far one of the best four seasons hotels I have ever been

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Raya R:

Thank you for your review on our property and for choosing to stay at our Resort. I am so happy to read that we were able to meet your expectations and cater to all your requests from beginning to end.

Thank you again for letting us know about your experience and I hope it will not be long before we can welcome all of you back to this "Coconut Island".

Woodinville, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Pros:
Secluded
Quiet
Clean
Amazing staff
Food is good enough to stay around resort
Great spa

Cons:
Reliant upon golf carts to get you everywhere - naturally you can walk but paths are steep
Very secluded - if you like to roam around then might be too secluded for you

I came to this resort to decompress. I didn't need to run aroud Koh Samui like I did 20+ years ago. That and Samui has changed a lot, kind of for the worse. I don't like chains of hotels and tourist traps on beach strips so I did my research on this one and it it paid off.

I was picked up at the airport in a Benz by a very friendly, talkative driver then driven 30 minutes away to the resort. Upon arrival you are greeted at the top of the resort with a spectacular view looking down on the resort. I picked a beach villa near the beach and loved my room. The pools are nice touch. I don't deal well with humidity so I took several dips in the cool, refreshing pool daily.

My villa was a short stroll to the beach. They have large papsan style chairs to lounge in and the typical, cushioned beach chairs with umbrellas. There is a button device that you can ring anytime to get food/drinks on the beach. I will put this out there right now. Everyone I met on the staff, EVERYONE, was friendly, pleasant to talk with and cared about your well being in general. I never felt as if it was forced. If excellent quality customer service is your thing, you will appreciate the staff like I did. The beach has a few activities such as kayaking, SUPs, snorkel gear and other activities for the kids. Speaking of kids, I was amazed how well the staff interacted and played with the kids. I saw one staffer take a young gal by the hand, helped her out into the water and spent a long time with her as she was having fun trying to scoop fish up in a little net. If you have kids, you will also appreciate the beach staff. One night they had a beach barbecue with music, fire dancers, and a good selection of food to chose from. Was a good break from the restaurants.

Onto the food. When I travel the last thing I want to eat is western food. They offer enough selection of mixed Western and Thai food. I always opted for Thai dishes and was never disappointed. Breakfast in the morning has an amazing spread if buffet-style is your thing. Plenty to eat and many choices for all. During the beach barbecue I had the fortunate pleasure to meet Mariel (god I hope I got her name right!). A lovely French women with a zest for life and passion for wine. She is the resort's sommelier on contract for a year. If you get a chance, go do a wine tasting in the cool little wine cellar they have up in the main restaurant with her.

Spa - I only book massages and let me tell you, this Thai women beat the crap out of me. I jest but did she work my sore muscles hard, which I prefer. Was like a deep-tissue Swedish with very strong pressure. I think I passed out a few times during the 90 minute massage from relaxation.

Nothing bad to say about this place at all. Very pleased and I felt my money was well spent.

Room Tip: I stayed in 903 (I think) and it was close enough to the beach, pool, beach bar, etc.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank rjpcrosby
Dear rjpcrosby:

Thank you for your positive feedback from your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy all of our facilities. It is particularly pleasing to learn that the services from our dedicated team was the highlight of your stay and I know they would very much like to have the opportunity to pamper you once again in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is by far the best resort we have ever been to. We went for our honeymoon and had an amazing time. From beginning to end, it was a great experience. The service is top-notch. We loved riding around in the golf carts around the resort - it was fun. The views are spectacular both at the arrival pavilion and the restaurant. Also, I don't know if it's the flowers there or what, but there were always a ton of butterflies flying around the resort and our room. Beautiful and we loved them! So peaceful.

ROOM
We stayed in villa 403, which was a nice one in the middle of the resort. The lower numbered suites are higher up, so you get a better view. The higher numbered suites are closer to the beach/pool though - so depends what you want. The room itself is warm and welcoming while also feeling modern. We loved the shower and the bed was comfortable. The private infiniti pool was part of the reason we went to Thailand, and it did not disappoint! Views of papaya trees and palm trees were wonderful - almost like you could reach out and touch them. It was so nice to just hang out at our room and enjoy the pool and the view. We did get upgraded to a Deluxe pool suite as part of our Amex Platinum package. The pool is a big larger, and the full room is over 1,000 square feet! Glorious! The resort gives you a little bottle of natural mosquito repellent which smells really nice. We didn't have a problem with mosquitoes at the resort, as they spray for them. We did have a few little geckos around our room at night - but they were small and not a nuisance.

RESORT
The grounds are immaculate. There are always people around pruning, sweeping, etc. The view from the library/restaurant are amazing - the corner table at Koh is the best one. We loved the pool and beach, and enjoyed the free water shoe rentals and snorkel equipment. We took a kayak out one day to the floating dock which was fun. The only thing we did not like was the rocks and coral in the water. It's nice that it helps the water stay calm, but not great for going into the ocean. Also, the ocean was so shallow that the water was actually hot. Thankfully, the infiniti pool was cool and inviting. We only wish that it was a bit bigger. Pool service is great, and our favorite snacks were the grilled corn and bananas and little sorbet that they bring around through the day. The gift shop is cute and we bought a few things there. There is no ATM on the resort, but they will give you a cash advance on your master account for a small fee - worth it. The hotel will arrange a taxi/car for you to go anywhere -- most cabs are $100-$400THB which is about $3-$12USD. Since the resort is kind of secluded, it can be a long drive to the popular Chaweng Beach and other areas.

FOOD
We had breakfast included with our Amex Platinum package, which was well worth it. The buffet was good and included an item off the menu. It did get a bit repetitive day after day, but overall they did a nice job. We got room service a few times which was always set up beautifully and the food was pretty tasty. We did the in-room BBQ (about $200USD) and that was pretty fun. We were disappointed that the beach BBQ got rained out the Sunday we were there, especially because the rain did not last that long! We ate at Koh and thought it was just OK. Maybe we did not order well. We ate at Pla Pla - the beach restaurant - and enjoyed it. The fried spring rolls and summer rolls are good, as is the soft shell crab papaya salad (Som Tum) and the chicken basil pizza. The food at the resort was good, but we thought it was better at the FS Chiang Mai.

OTHER
Service is amazing at this resort. We felt like it was our own private resort most of the time - it was pretty empty. We did meet some folks at the pool though, and one night went out to dinner off the resort which was fun! The staff really takes care of you. I didn't feel well one day and they sent me some ginger tea and even asked how I was feeling later. Small gifts are left each night by housekeeping. We had two massages and both were great. Bee Dee and Nemo are nice concierges and very helpful. Bee Dee set up our daytrip to Angthong Park with 100 Degrees East, which was the highlight of our stay. The airport greeter, Bee is super nice as well. He was there for our arrival and departure as we used the FS car for both. The management staff was lined up to say goodbye for our departure. We wish we had done the management happy hour, especially to see one of the villas for sale. We were truly sad to leave this resort! We can't wait to return one day!

Room Tip: Lower numbers are higher up on the resort with better views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Larissa F
Dear Larissa F:

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your honeymoon at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui and for writing such a wonderful review here on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to read that the efforts of our dedicated staff, especially Bee Dee, Nemo and Bee, made your honeymoon the memorable experience.

It would be an honor to having an opportunity to welcome both of you back, maybe for your anniversary?

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Another fantastic Four Seasons resort and I cannot find a bad thing to say.

The setting is breathtaking, on a hillside with fantastic views. The villas are huge, beautiful and have everything you could ever want. You have so much privacy but equally staff are on hand for anything you might request. All villas have private pools, we stated in villa 304, which I would definitely recommend, it's not that near to the beach but has a fantastic view.

Even though the resort is set on a steep hill, there is no need to walk anywhere and the staff encourage you to request a buggy to take you where you would like to go and these arrived in seconds!

Breakfast was the best I have had in Thailand, everything was so fresh. You could order items from the menu and also help yourself to a fantastic buffet. We ate all our meals during our stay at the hotel and each one was outstanding. Both restaurants are very different, in terms of setting and menu, I can't decide which one I liked more.

The beach and pool are beautiful, the beds are huge, the service here was outstanding. Water, fruit and other treats were brought to your beds throughout the day. We used the spa, which was a fantastic experience. I also made use of the other activities the resort offers including morning meditation and spiritual enlightenment.

I could go on all day, I didn't want to leave and I cannot wait to return. I guess the only downside to this resort is the price. But in this case you get what you pay for and in my opinion it is worth every penny.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jessica V
Dear Jessica V:

It was a pleasure reading your review on your recent stay at our Resort; thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. Morning Meditation and Spiritual Enlightenment are perfect ways to start a day, I am glad that you took the time to enjoy these two complementary activities of ours.

I know our Executive Chef and his culinary team will be delighted to hear that you had the best breakfast in Thailand with us.

Please let me know when you plan on returning. It will be my pleasure to assist with the arrangement.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

From beginning to end, this hotel had everything you could ask and more. My wife and I had a wonderful stay here. The staff was amazing, so courteous and so knowledgeable about the surrounding area and culture. The beach is perfect with a ton of water activities at your disposable(stand up paddle board, kayaks, bocce ball, table tennis, etc..). There were plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas for all the guests there. The breakfast in the morning was amazing, so many options with so many delicious things. The breakfast staff were so nice, we really enjoyed talking with them and getting to know them. The room was amazing with great views, we stayed in a villa with an infinity pool. Each night you got a local coconut made treat, that was nice. If you have the chance and means to stay here, definitely do it, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank roches09
FSKohSamui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear roches09:

Thank you for recommending us and for sharing your wonderful review here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy all of our offerings as well as engage with the amazing team that we have.

We hope to seeing you again on this "Coconut Island".

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ang Thong
SALA Samui Resort And Spa
SALA Samui Resort And Spa
#1 of 10 in Choeng Mon
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,090 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand? Share your experiences!