“My Wedding was truly amazing!!! 6 Star Resort”

Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Ang Thong
Reviewed 6 October 2009

May I start with a wow.... This resort is truly a 6 star hotel. My partner and I decided to get married at The Four Seasons Resort, Koh Samui and I cannot thank Ms Orada and all the staff as my wedding was truly the best day of my life. Words cannot describe how perfect it was.... My friends said it was the "wedding of the century" I had no stress at all and everything was taken care of and may I say attention to detail. I enjoyed every minute of my special day and whatever I needed was in my hands with a click of a finger. I would also like to mention that the rooms are beautifully designed and spacious with your own infinity pool. The best service I have ever experienced and please keep in mind I have travelled all around the world in many 5 - 6 star hotels. If you are planning your next destination or wedding this is truly the place to be!!!! My wedding was September 18 2009 and the weather was PERFECT. Cheers D&G

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DenGin

Reviewed 27 September 2009

Having been to Koh Samui three years ago and having stayed at a hotel considered to be the top on the island then, I had my doubts about Four Seasons whether it would have managed to suprass it. Also, having had a so-so impression of the island then, (too many mosquitos, stink of sewage in the towns), we were rather off-put by the idea of Samui. But, being strict Four Seasons followers (for media purposes), we went exclusively for the hotel alone. Not only did it change our view of the island, as the location is probaly the best there could be, on an amazing densly vegatated hill, going down all the way to a private beach. The welcoming is on a wooden platform, vistually hanging off the top of the cliff into the trees below, providing breathtaking views of the Four Seasons residences to the left, and the rest of it's villas down below. The pathways leading to the villas are beautifully done, full of flora and fauna of the island (we've been told Four Sesons actually planted many of them!). The villas are done in the stylish interiors of the Four Seasons which is plenty of local wood, combined with glass, marble, and lovely linens. Lovely touches such as complimentary baked teddy bears for our kids made a difference! Also, a wooden low fence was actually screwed on the wooden deck outside the vllla to protect the children from falling off in the private pool. This is the first time we actually see this measure of protection in a private pool. The staff is excellent, throughout, but the best among all are the beach staff who actually took over our kids upon our arrival there, and got to show them fantastic games such as crab-catching and cooking mash mallows on an open barbeque on the sand. The approach of the Thais towards children has left us amazed. Never, in any country have we encountred such kids' loving people. The only minus, would be the options for dining within the hotel, as there are only two restaurants, and as there weren't many children there, we sometimes felt that couples might be annoyed at seeing two young ones near them in a quiet enviroment. The hotel claims to be child-friendly, and they were, but during dining times we felt awkard due to the two restaurants being mainly booked up by couples. The beach has a quiet zone too, which allows guests to enjoy their peace and quiet and that's appreciated when you pay such rates per night, to be entitled to relaxation. Mini compimentary massages on the beach are e great way to add some bliss and to entice one towards the Spa for more! The spa is also beautifully built, in the dense vegatation and the Thai masage I had was very good. Yes, I would rate this hotel as the top in Samui and by far suprassing it's predececors.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Mohi412
Reviewed 13 September 2009

It was our second time here. Great resorts, perfect room, with stunning view and beautiful private pool. Good restaurants. People tend to eat very early here (maybe this is only our impression...) Do not miss the excursion to Ang Thong National Park by boat (organized by the hotel). Great beach service. Unforgettable manicure on the beach! This year many more guests than last year - more Russians and Chinese. A bit far from Chaweng, but why should you have to go to Chaweng?

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

This is the first time I stayed at Four Seasons Resort. We are resorts fans and love to stay at different kind of resorts but I can say the service and food quality of Four Seasons at Koh Samui is the best I ever had and definitely I will try Four Seasons from now on for other places.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2009

A lovely hotel with fantastic rooms but seriously in the current economic environment and with the fact that Thai food is so good and reasonable this place is charging too much.
I would not expect to pay these prices in a 5* Hong Kong or London establishment never mind Thailand which is normally so good value for money even in other 5* hotels
The rooms are lovely and the service good but value for money is low.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2009

This is a stunning resort in all respects, one of the best I have ever seen and dare I say it better in design and service than Amanpuri where I have been four times but wanted to try something new in Thailand.

One specific negative point to note. For those with sensitive skin the big issue with this resort is that the rooms are built in the jungle and as such the mosquitos are abundant. After a long trip I had a sleep outside on the lounger on the first day and woke up with 20-30 mosquito bites which wrecked the first 4 days of my holiday, until the medication from the hotel's recommended doctor took effect and after wearing long clothes around when not at the beach where the mosquitos are not really a problem. I could not sit outside at the villa at all during my visit day or night as within literally 30 seconds I was surrounded by biting mosquitos. Very unfortunate given how beautiful the villas are. My girlfriend did not have this issue/did not get bitten much so it is just one to bear in mind if you are sensitive to bugs. Its a real shame as I really liked the place otherwise but will not go back for this reason, Maldives and the Middle East are a better bet in this regard.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
15  Thank LondonBanker
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights at the Four Seasons Koh Samui for our honeymoon, and it was unbelievable. The grounds were beautiful, the service was great, and the food was delicious (both restaurants as well as the room service). Upon arrival, we were greeted and given a bouquet of roses in honor of our recent wedding. The assistant manager showed us to our hotel room, which was gorgeous. We stayed in villa 306, which was perfect for a honeymoon because it was very private (no one could see into our pool or deck area because we were on the end) and the pool was always sunny. The view was incredible, looking out over the beach and surrounded by palm trees and wildlife, and the inside of the villa was just as beautiful. They even baked a little "happy honeymoon" cake and left champagne in our room!

The resort is huge, so to get to the beach, spa, or restaurants, you call a buggy to drive you. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes. Plus, you get to see the gorgeous grounds and landscaping without having to walk uphill. The resort was rather empty when we were there, and everyone knew our names and recognized us. We never ran into a single problem with service and found that everyone was more than happy to answer any questions we had, volunteer advice, or just talk with us. The concierge staff do try to push the Four Seasons sponsored activities over others, but that's to be expected. For example, we wanted to do a snorkeling trip to Koh Tao, and they suggested renting their private speedboat for the day for about $1000 US. We had found another place for about $120 and they were happy to book it for us after conceding that the service couldn't be guaranteed.

If you like spa treatments, you MUST go to the spa here. I had the chakra crystal massage, and it was by far the best massage I've ever had. The spa is built into the hillside and is so beautiful. It is comprised of many little villas that are very private and luxurious, and you walk down winding staircases to get to each little bungalow.

It is obviously an expensive resort, but you get what you pay for. I think maybe the prices for food (and the quality) have improved since some of the negative reviews. We found that dinner for the two of us (appetizers and entrees plus a diet coke) never totaled more than $70 US.

Overall, this resort is so perfect, and I would go back in a heartbeat. It was the perfect destination for the first part of our honeymoon.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui
Six Senses Samui
Six Senses Samui
#29 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand? Share your experiences!