We had a great stay at the Tamarind, it's not perfect and may not suit everyone but it is in a great location and is clean and comfortable. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a one bedroom suite which was very spacious and had a great view overlooking the Rilaks pool and onto the ocean.
The hotel was full of couples and families with young kids last week, very much a family hotel. Breakfast was good although too many birds flying around made it a little uncomfortable. We had a problem with no water on our last day, this was handled well and we were moved rooms with no fuss.
We would recommend and stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind rests on a 750-foot crescent of premium West Coast white sand beach and is as family-friendly as it is an exclusive adult hideaway. Tamarind features contemporary guestrooms, an intimate spa and relaxation space and two restaurants. Contemporary sun loungers, day beds and decks, transform outdoor spaces into outdoor 'living rooms' providing flexible spaces for dining, drinking, relaxing and events. Complimentary features include: motorized and non-motorized watersports, daily buffet breakfast, WiFi in rooms and throughout property, fitness center and classes and water taxi to other Elegant Hotels' west coast properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Tamarind by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotel Paynes Bay
- Tamarind Cove Saint James
- Tamarind Cove Barbados
- Hotel Tamarind Cove
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Paynes Bay