Tamarind is a fantastic hotel for families especially with young children but also for couples because of its location and also the entertainment and romantic setting. I think the best thing about the hotel is the brilliant staff who go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. To make but a few... Paul in food and beverages knew that my mum liked a type of Danish pastry and would bring them to our table every morning at breakfast even if they weren't out on the buffet. Andrea, who is also in food and beverages is a credit to the hotel, she is welcoming, professional and had the time to speak to us every time we saw her, she remembered our names and made us feel special. We had dinner several times at the hotel on her recommendation and must say the quality of the food was excellent. The surf and turf night was a particular favourite of ours, we had lobster tails that were delicious yet very reasonably priced. It was lovely listening to The live band sapphire whilst having dinner overlooking the beach.
Arden, the barman makes the best cocktails and brings happy to the happy hour! Thank you for being so welcoming and professional.
In fact all the staff here are great and made such a fuss of our 3 year old. I know he will miss them for sure!
I must also mention The kids club as it's fantastic. The staff are brilliant and I had no problem leaving our son there for an hour a day although you can leave them there much longer should you wish! They have daily activities to suit kids of all ages and my son loved it. A big thank you to all the staff there! Charlie really enjoyed himself!
Our room in the hotel was large and spacious. We had a ground floor junior suite right near the main pool and beach which was ideal for us with our 3 year old as had easy access back to our room. We also had a pull out sofa bed which my 3 year old slept on and the room didn't feel at all cramped with it out. The rooms are modern, clean and well equipped.
We used to stay here many years ago and have seen many vast improvements over the years. Kim, the hotel manager seems to have really upgraded this hotel and There are lots of little touches that make your stay special. For example complimentary fresh fruit, cold towels and ice lollies delivered to your sun loungers a well as better beach towels and sun loungers.
Thank you Tamarind for a wonderful stay yet again, we hope to return next year!
Amy, Sue and Charlie xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind rests on a 750-foot crescent of premium West Coast white sand beach and is as family-friendly as it is an exclusive adult hideaway. Tamarind features contemporary guestrooms, an intimate spa and relaxation space and two restaurants. Contemporary sun loungers, day beds and decks, transform outdoor spaces into outdoor 'living rooms' providing flexible spaces for dining, drinking, relaxing and events. Complimentary features include: motorized and non-motorized watersports, daily buffet breakfast, WiFi in rooms and throughout property, fitness center and classes and water taxi to other Elegant Hotels' west coast properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Destinology, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tamarind by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotel Paynes Bay
- Tamarind Cove Saint James
- Tamarind Cove Barbados
- Hotel Tamarind Cove
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Paynes Bay