“Big sleep hotel review”

Ranked #23 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
London, United Kingdom
“Big sleep hotel review”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here with my husband and one year old. I found this hotel typical of a Travelodge standard (although a Travelodge may have been better).

The carpet was dirty when we got in, so I asked someone to hoover this up and they got that done. The room had a bath in and a working shower. The bed made noise and this was not helpful as I had a travel cot right next to me.

The carpet is also not child friendly esp if your little one is crawling as its not even carpet its much more of a cheap version which is like carpet tiles.

The breakfast was average however if you wanted a fry up you had to pay an additional amount.

The hotel was located at the end of the row where the hotels were, this was fine for us as we didn't mind the walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view and also a travel cot as you will have a bigger room even if you don't have a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

stayed at this hotel Wednesday night 22july with some friends, we were visiting Eastbourne for a concert at the bandstand.
the hotel was about 1000yards away from the bandstand on the seafront so ideal for our trip.
the hotel do offer a parking permit system for some bays in the side road adjacent to the hotel but I had already fed the meter on the main road outside before I went into reception.
parking is free after 6pm til 0800 and £2.50 got us from 3pm to 9am.
hotel has large clean rooms although slightly dated. bathrooms large but the taps in my room were a bit furred up but the couple we travelled with said theirs were fine.
due to the very unusual hot weather had to request an electric fan which was provided immediately.
bar and breakfast basic but adequate for an overnight or working stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

great hotel would recommend this to my friends ,food good rooms very clean and modern great curtains love Eastbourne will be back soon all the staff were very helpful as we had people in our group with walking difficulty

Room Tip: 118 has a grate view of the seafront
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say... It was the cheapest hotel I could find but what we discovered explains this. The staff are great, we could not fault them, the rooms however are a complete joke. I had to swap with another couple I was with because you could barely move in it and we removed the disturbing picture on the wall and placed it in the wardrobe. The lift wasn't working and by the reviews it has been out of action for some time, it reminded me a bit of the one in titanic lol! It is in a fab location and for the one night we was there it was ok. I would my have stayed any longer!

Stayed January 2014
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

List of things WRONG with this 'budget' hotel
1.Stated on booking that we would require a travel cot for a toddler, this was confirmed in the confirmation of the booking, when we arrives, alas no travel cot. Lucky I bought one from home just in case.
2. Having stated that we required a travel cot, you'd have thought the staff and management would have thought to not put a toddler next to the LOUD, THUNDERING and SCREATCHING lift that they have, oh wait, they sure did, for 3 hours the noises were going off and on and waking my toddler up (he is usually a great sleeper even in strange places) Called reception, oh no available rooms ! of cause.
3. Carpet feels like a cheese grater on your feet, the curtains are made of Shag Pile carpet (good for keeping light out but think so also keep heat in, the beds are also lined with this) As the night we stayed was around 20 degrees, we spent the whole night sweating and not sleeping.
4. Windows only open 2 inches at best, so no fresh air, especially at night when the stupid curtains are drawn.
5. THE STAFF ... oh what to say about the uninterested and downright rude staff. I have to admit, the gentleman who checked us in was really nice and helpful, everyone else we came into contact with was the complete opposite, the bar staff were sat with their feet upon the tables in the evening instead of seeing to guests, this drove us from having a drink in the bar before retiring at 7pm, the lady who checked us out wasn't interested in resolving my complaints, just wanted the £1 car park pass I owed. NO STANDARDS !
6. you expect that its not going to be the Hilton being a 'budget hotel' however for £65 a night you'd expect to have the standard accessories you'd normally have in a hotel, working tv, free wifi, tea and coffee making facilities, hot water, BREAKFAST. Oh no none of these, breakfast included in price, however, I had to ask for a 'bagged breakfast' upon leaving as we checked out early and couldn't stay, which I said the day before upon checking in. The 'bagged breakfast' consisted of a carton of UHT milk and a banana !!!! SERIOUSLY !

I URGE EVERYONE TO NEVER VISIT THIS HOTEL ! It is horrendous and you will not enjoy it. !

Room Tip: Don't come here, if you have to avoid room 207 !
4 Thank CManning88

Travellers are raving about these Eastbourne hotels

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

When me and my boyfriend booked this Hotel, we were attracted to the modern edge.... and this is not what it was! The curtains were furry which to me, looked tacky. The fur was also around the edge of the bed which was strange. Another thing, when we arrived, the toilet roll that was provided on the holder was half empty. The shower was weak and we eventually had to have a look at it ourselves to get the water to powerfully even cover one of us! The staff were very polite and that is all I can possibly give the Hotel a good review on. There was also a heavy draft coming from the window to which I thought it was left open until my boyfriend pointed out it was in fact shut. This hotel was not worth the £135 we spent, we would have been more satisfied in a Travel Lodge. We could also hear the vibration of next doors phone and also when they were taking a shower. Not a good hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lauramidge93
London
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Don't be fooled by the "stylish" words that people use to describe this hotel. It might have looked good when they built it, but those furry curtains and bed and the student-type wardrobe are anything but "cool". The room was hot, no air conditioning, and the window would just open an inch or so.
But what really disappointed me was the whole Ryanair-esque attitude; they provide you with shower gel, but if you want shampoo you need to buy it at reception; breakfast is included, but if you want cooked breakfast, that's extra (you can even double-up on the number of bacon rashers for extra money); wi-fi is not included, you need to pay for it (in this day and age I don't want to pay for 24 hours what I pay a month for broadband at home); check-out is at 10:30, but for extra money you can have a lie-in until 12!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends