Cavendish Hotel(Eastbourne)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$70
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$81
  • Pool
US$93
US$69
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$85
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$99
US$91
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$182
US$177
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$221
US$211
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$256/night.

All reviewsjacuzzi roomsunset roomroll top bathsea viewfull englishmini bardouble showertop floorstandard roomgroupon deallovely bathroomtwo nightssmall hotelbreakfast was includedsea fronta lovely stayshort break
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Clean,friendly, had a good stay for one night only, went Atlantis night club on pier, very quiet but then it is only April. Reception was friendly although I'm quite fussy with decor it could do with a little touch up but overall for the price was pleasant, stayed in better but also had a lot worse, drinks at the bar were expensive but strong so not watered down, breakfast was included if you had standard English, I wasn't impressed with it but my friends wolfed it down and enjoyed so I might be being picky, you could have cereals, toast and juice so that made up for it.
I would stay again although we didn't find that much to do in the area, it is a nice little break, lots of hotels and b&bs I think we chose a decent one compared to some we saw, nice little history place and some great buildings.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed for one night in March as I was attending an event at the hotel two doors down. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I called the reception before checking in to see if I was able to check in 3 hours earlier than expected and after a quick check, I was told the room was ready. The room was an appropriate size for a weekend break for a couple, any longer and storage space may be an issue. The cleanliness could have been a slightly higher standard but otherwise no issues. The room was nicely presented and the towels were clean, I found the bed very comfortable which is a bonus at 6 months pregnant! The staff were happy to answer my pregnancy-related breakfast queries and to accommodate my needs. Excellent overall

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We chose a quiet time of the year to travel and we really enjoyed our short break in Eastbourne. My husband and I really enjoyed our stay in the Waterside Hotel, which we had walked passed when we had visited Eastbourne in a previous year. The service and staff are very welcoming and this is what you need during a break.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view are better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caskal
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This place was an absolute shambles from start to finish. We had booked 3 double rooms for a total of 5 people. When we checked in we were all booked into room 3, not 3 rooms!
The towels were dirty and the bed was very uncomfortable. Also the room was ridiculously hot and we had to leave the window open all night.
The ultimate insult came the following morning when we had to have freezing cold showers as the hot water wasn't working. We complained and were told "sometimes we have problems with this, you just have to wait."
Overall, a complete shambles. Like spending a night at Fawlty Towers but without the comedy.

• Stayed: April 2014
Waterside_Manager, General Manager at Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for posting a review about your experience at the Waterside, although not a satisfactory one. I can understand your frustrations as your stay did not begin well as obviously there had been a misunderstanding at the time of booking. Luckily, this was easily resolved as we had 2 additional rooms which were instantly given to your party to correct the mistake.

With regards to your rooms, I can assure you that the towels were not dirty. Our laundry suppliers have a bronze logo that on some items is smudged out, causing them to look stained. It is an issue I have had to correct on a couple of occasions to guests.

I am however a little confused with your mention about the hot water. We have not had any issues with our hot water and I am positive that all you would need to have done is adjust the thermostat in your shower. However, the way you say in how it was dealt was completely unacceptable and I apologise for this.

I wish I could have been present during your stay to rectify these small issues. I am sure that it would have resulted in a much more enjoyable stay for you.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

All in all, not a bad hotel but lots wrong.
Staff friendly enough without being overly helpful.
Rooms comfortable albeit a little small. No iron or ironing board, which is a bugbear of mine.
Not having a lift is a issue when you are on the 3rd floor and have cases to carry & narrow staircases.
Breakfast ok, albeit a little sparse.
So, not recommended really - not too bad, but wouldn't come again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple