Beamsley Lodge
Waterside Hotel(Eastbourne)
Glastonbury Hotel(Eastbourne)
Shore View Hotel(Eastbourne)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsguest houseensuite bathroomlots of great advicesea viewb bfriendly ownersa ground floor roomhome from homeparking spaceoff road parkingsea frontrecommend staying herehot breakfaststayed for one nightbus stopbreakfast was excellenteaster weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We were made very welcome at the Hotel Marina which is in a good position overlooking the sea. It was a fifteen minute walk from the town and station, with a bus stop just across the road. Our room was clean and comfortable and the full English breakfast great, with fresh fruit and cereal available if required. Lovely coffee and hot toast, what more could anyone want.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Allison B, Owner at Beamsley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for such a lovely review. We pride ourselves in looking after our guests and serving a good breakfast. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the marina hotel on a business trip and was greeted by the two owners, who were both very helpful and friendly.

They were currently re-fitting some of the rooms but this didn't affect my stay as the half of the hotel I was staying in had allready been finished, and to a good standard. The room I stayed in was compact, but perfectly adequate and comfortable for my short stay.

Breakfast was also to a good standard with what would have been beautiful views over the beach had the British weather not stepped in and doused the country in thick fog for two days.

I would happily recomend this hotel to a friend and stay again myself.
Thank you for my pleasant stay.
Bruce

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Biggreenbanner
Allison B, Owner at Beamsley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Thank you Bruce. Dave & I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are working in Eastbourne.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

As I have never stayed in a hotel by myself I was a little nervous. I booked the room directly with the owners over the phone who were very friendly and flexible.

It was very easy to find, the car park at the back was also easy to find and I had a space for my car.

When I arrived I was greeted and taken to my room which was a single. The room was very fresh and clean and it looked like it had been freshly refurbished. The bed was comfortable and the shower was good. Only little problem I had was that I was cold when I got into bed but I do feel the cold more than most people. Maybe access to extra blankets in the cupboard would be a good idea. Oh and a spoon to make my tea in the morning. But the room felt like home.

I would definatley return to stay again if the need arises, very good quality with how much it cost to spend the night which was £30 without breakfast for a single room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Allison B, Owner at Beamsley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. Not sure why you didn't have a spoon as we normally do provide one!! Sorry that you were cold in bed - we are currently looking into buying some blankets. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We recently stayed at the Marina and had an enjoyable break. The new owners worked really hard to ensure we had everything we needed. They are in the process of refurbishing the hotel, so a few things needed doing, but our room had a great sea view (and it wasn't noisy even though we were right on the parade - thanks to good double glazing), a nice new comfy bed and lots of little extras that we haven't found in bigger, more expensive hotels. The breakfast was excellent with a great buffet selection of fruit, yoghurts, cereals etc, followed by a freshly cooked breakfast with plenty of choice.
We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - nice bay windows, so a bit more room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PetetheHick
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Located in the Eastern part of Eastbourne seafront, this nice little guest house is set just sufficiently away from the hectic buzz of the Pier and the sinister buildings of the massive anonymous hotels in the Western end, but still at walking distance from the centre and its main attractions. Just away from the main road from which it is separated by a flowerbed. The seaview is priceless. Rooms are extremely clean. The bed is a paradise. Of the owners we only met David who gave us the warmest welcome though late at night. You can count with a nice and complete buffet for breakfast (fruit, muesli, yoghurt, juices, oats, cereals, marmelades etc.), which can be integrated, with no extra cost, with eggs, bacon, beans, porridge and any hot beverages. Great!

Room Tip: Ask for seaview.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple