“Excellent location, host and breakfast!”
Review of Beamsley Lodge

Beamsley Lodge
Ranked #24 of 75 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This is a beautiful B&B, with comfy beds, great location (across from water) and the best breakfast ever - including juice, fruit and yoghurt to start and then you can pick from the menu and have a hot breakfast, which is included too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Allison B, Owner at Beamsley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

What a lovely review, thank you. We aim to provide a breakfast that everyone enjoys with a wide range of things to choose from, both hot and cold and we are so pleased that you enjoyed yours!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We had a 5-day stay here at the end of april with our elderly parents and pet dog.
This is a nice, quiet, personel, friendly hotel on the sea front but just close enough to eastbourne centre. Our room was freshly decorated with plenty of space and cleaned daily with tea and coffee facilities and the bed was really comfortable. Satalite TV was great and the shower easy to use.
Parking was provided onsite which was a real bonus as we had both our infirm parents with us and this really helped.
Food was all home cooked and all meals were lovely. The breakfast was particularly nice with a wide choice.
We would recommend this hotel for a stay in Eastbourne, particularly to dog lovers as our dog was made very welcome and we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank derek r

Thank you for the lovely comments and we are pleased that you all (including the dog) enjoyed your break. Hope to see you all again.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We liked Hotel Marina very much. Very welcoming hosts, openminded and helpful. Clean, pleasant atmosphere, nice "homemade" and fresh breakfast, good service, good security, private parking. We will be back next time we visit Eastbourne!
Claudie and Thomas

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Claudie & Thomas. We were so pleased that you enjoyed your first night with us to the extent that that you booked to stay with us again on your return trip home. We hope that you will come and visit Eastbourne again and stay with us. Safe travels on your motorbike.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We were made very welcome at the Hotel Marina which is in a good position overlooking the sea. It was a fifteen minute walk from the town and station, with a bus stop just across the road. Our room was clean and comfortable and the full English breakfast great, with fresh fruit and cereal available if required. Lovely coffee and hot toast, what more could anyone want.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Allison B, Owner at Beamsley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for such a lovely review. We pride ourselves in looking after our guests and serving a good breakfast. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the marina hotel on a business trip and was greeted by the two owners, who were both very helpful and friendly.

They were currently re-fitting some of the rooms but this didn't affect my stay as the half of the hotel I was staying in had allready been finished, and to a good standard. The room I stayed in was compact, but perfectly adequate and comfortable for my short stay.

Breakfast was also to a good standard with what would have been beautiful views over the beach had the British weather not stepped in and doused the country in thick fog for two days.

I would happily recomend this hotel to a friend and stay again myself.
Thank you for my pleasant stay.
Bruce

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Biggreenbanner
Allison B, Owner at Beamsley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Thank you Bruce. Dave & I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are working in Eastbourne.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

As I have never stayed in a hotel by myself I was a little nervous. I booked the room directly with the owners over the phone who were very friendly and flexible.

It was very easy to find, the car park at the back was also easy to find and I had a space for my car.

When I arrived I was greeted and taken to my room which was a single. The room was very fresh and clean and it looked like it had been freshly refurbished. The bed was comfortable and the shower was good. Only little problem I had was that I was cold when I got into bed but I do feel the cold more than most people. Maybe access to extra blankets in the cupboard would be a good idea. Oh and a spoon to make my tea in the morning. But the room felt like home.

I would definatley return to stay again if the need arises, very good quality with how much it cost to spend the night which was £30 without breakfast for a single room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Allison B, Owner at Beamsley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. Not sure why you didn't have a spoon as we normally do provide one!! Sorry that you were cold in bed - we are currently looking into buying some blankets. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We recently stayed at the Marina and had an enjoyable break. The new owners worked really hard to ensure we had everything we needed. They are in the process of refurbishing the hotel, so a few things needed doing, but our room had a great sea view (and it wasn't noisy even though we were right on the parade - thanks to good double glazing), a nice new comfy bed and lots of little extras that we haven't found in bigger, more expensive hotels. The breakfast was excellent with a great buffet selection of fruit, yoghurts, cereals etc, followed by a freshly cooked breakfast with plenty of choice.
We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - nice bay windows, so a bit more room.