“Superb Hospitality”

Ranked #25 of 77 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
Southwold, United Kingdom
“Superb Hospitality”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The Coast demonstrates how a first class B&B has the edge over a far more expensive hotel. The service we received from Mario and Vivian was faultless: a genuinely warm welcome, help with dinner arrangements and no problems at all with our need for an outrageously early breakfast. Cleanliness, comfort and real personal warmth - what a bargain!

Room Tip: Excellent sea views
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
VMC1028, Owner at Coast Guest Accommodation, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for your great comments ,lovely to meet you and hope the marathon went well ciao

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
oxford
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Two friends and I arrived to a very warm welcome from Mario and Vivian, we were given tea and lovely Italian cake which was the best cake I had ever tried! Breakfast was arranged for a time to suit us with a wonderful selection of cereal, fruit or a full English. The Yacht room was beautifully decorated, super comfortable with stunning sea views. All in all nothing was too much trouble for Mario & Vivian who went out of their way to make our stay truly memorable. I would love to come back again maybe when the weather is a little warmer.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
VMC1028, Owner at Coast Guest Accommodation, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Thank you for your kind words, we enjoyed having you to stay and will try and order better weather for you for another time
Coventry
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Our first visit to Eastbourne and we stayed for the weekend. Coast is ideally situated on the seafront and was easy to find. The bedroom and en-suite were both beautifully decorated and the bed was really comfortable. There’s also a nice conservatory on the front overlooking the promenade. Breakfast was absolutely first class – a delicious fruit salad followed by an equally tasty full-english. Mario and Viv were super hosts and really made us feel at home. They were really helpful in offering tips on where to visit and eat out. We look forward to our next visit to Eastbourne and Coast.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
VMC1028, Owner at Coast Guest Accommodation, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you for your kind review we enjoyed having you to stay and look forward to seeing you next time round
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We arrived to be warmly greeted by Mario and Vivien who gave us a much needed cup of tea and lovely cake, we had booked 3 Double rooms all with sea views and were impressed with the standard, decour and cleanliness and comfort of the rooms.
We had high winds and snow showers but our hosts were kind and helpfull and certainly made our stay a pleasure, the breakfasts were very good with a varity to choose from.
We ate out at very good restaurants recommended by Mario and Viviene. Eastbourne has a lot to offer we had some very interesting walks and places to visit and would definately recommend the Coast as a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: We had all sea view rooms beautifully decorated and were nice and quiet on the 2 floors we stayed.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your lovely comments and enjoyed having you to stay and will try to order better weather another time
St. Albans
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked into Coast for a Saturday night in what turned out to be a blustery March day in Eastbourne. We arrived to Mario and Vivien's much earlier than the said check in time, and were greeted with a warm welcome, just like we turned up to a good friend or family members home. The room was ready when we arrived and Mario quickly showed us upstairs to get settled and told us to come down for a cup of tea and cake when we were ready, a nice unexpected touch.
We stayed in the room Yacht which was on the top floor with a fabulous view of the Sea across the street. The room was lovely and clean, and the bed was very comfortable for a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was served in the dining room the next morning and Mario and Vivien were very attentive to make sure we had what we needed. The coffee was delicious and the full cooked English breakfast came out beautifully presented by Mario. I must say this was one of the nicest breakfast's I have had.
We had such a fabulous time at Coast and would recommend it to anyone for a peaceful Coastal break. We will definitely return when the weather warms up, but is equally nice in the cooler temperatures.
Mario and Vivien are a lovely couple and really make you feel like you are welcome in their home.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
thank you for your kind review and look forward to seeing you another time
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I have been lucky enough to stay here a number of times both as a business and leisure traveller and (of the hundreds of accommodations I have stayed in) this is undoubtably the best- so I chose to honeymoon here. Nothing is too much trouble for Mario and Viv and they have always gone the extra 10 miles to make my stays here relaxing and comfortable- paying guest you may be, but at the heart of their ethos is that you are a GUEST of their home. Right from the very first time I arrived (and I'm not the calmest of travellers on arrival) I have been greeted warmly like an old friend come to stay and within minutes they have peeled me down off the walls with a calming cup of coffee and a chat so I can relax and begin to enjoy myself. The rooms are all beautifully, tastefully and individually decorated- I have stayed in Shell, Yacht and the first one you come to (name slips my mind) and all have been incredibly comfortable (well maintained!- particularly the mattresses, always a major sore spot for me if they're not), clean, warm and well stocked- I have seen the interior of most of the other rooms and they all appear to be in keeping with those I have stayed in- I'm a nosy bugger ;-)... Always asked though, and not when there were other guests! Due to the nature of the house and the character owing to it's age some of the bathrooms/rooms have appearingly odd dimensions and for the taller traveller some are more suitable than others, for instance- yacht has a lovely broad view, but a more compact bathroom- on the other hand shell (it's neighbour) has a much smaller view and a slightly shorter bed (or has a footboard- I can't remember exactly), but has a simply enormous shower space... At 6ft 5" I remember thinking my husband to be would be much more comfortable in the first room (he was! Not that.i think he would have been UNcomfortable in shell, I just wanted to make it perfect for our honeymoon!). If you are unsure do ask beforehand. The breakfasts are simply marvellous and there genuinely is nothing on earth like Mario's fruit salad, even if you are not a breakfast person I urge you to sip a coffee with a bowl of fruit salad in the conservatory, it's a marvellous start to the day! Believe it or not from this review I am incredibly difficult to impress when it comes to guest accommodation, but honestly- of the many countries I have travelled and lived in, and the absolutely tonnes of hotels, guesthouses etc I have stayed in I can honestly say this is my absolute favourite and it's a major bonus that it's on the same little island I have settled on (albeit about as far away as I can get), as Viv said to me once though- they try to make the guesthouse the kind of place that they would like to go and stay in and that's why it's the kind of place I like to go and stay in... Simply can't wait to go back! X

• Stayed March 2013
VMC1028, Owner at Coast Guest Accommodation, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments,great having you to stay on your special day and wish you both health and happiness always ciao Viv and Mariox
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Mario and Viven, thank you again for your wonderful hospitality and great breakfast, fruit salad and veggie breakfast was awesome. This place has be one of the best guest houses in the area. See you soon

Room Tip: Fusardi's the ice cream parlour is the best place for ice cream in Eastbourne, the hot fudge sau...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
VMC1028, Owner at Coast Guest Accommodation, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, always a pleasure to have you to stay and look forward to next visit hopefully with a little more sun