“Does not taste like Thai food”
Review of Thaipan - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thaipan
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Thai
Description: Thaipan serves only the finest Thai and Japanese cuisine. All of our food is freshly prepared on the premises by fully trained Thai and Japanese chefs.
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Rice is too hard. Potato in the curry beef overly cooked. Mixed vege is too hard . Green tea taste like Japanese rice tea. Fish is okay. Just doesn't taste like Thai food. Disappointing. But service is good and staff is friendly.

Reviewed 14 July 2011

Went there with a couple of friends for lunch. We enjoyed the great lunch offer - 5.95 pounds for a curry and rice. I ordered red curry and a massive amount came out (shortly after we ordered), after finishing it I wasn't hungry at all. Very tasty, nice spices in it, I was truly impressed by the quality&quantitx as well.

The evening prices are much higher though but it is a perfect place for lunch.

Reviewed 24 June 2010

I have been a long standing fan of Thaipan and have enjoyed a few fantastic meals over the years there, but the past year the Standards have gone down hill quite badly. Not sure if its a new Cheff or staff or what is going on..

On Monday the 21st June Myself and my partner ordered a takeaway from Thaipan restraunt. I had been working all day so there was nothing that we had eaten together till that point.
After eating our meal we went to bed about 4 hours later we had cramps, vomiting everything associated with food poisoning, my partner was bed bound for the next day. And I have been slow to recover
I e-mailed Mr Hau owner of Thaipan and asked him if he could look into it ,a very polite email but recieved no response,*nothing all week* I later found out my partners parents ordered a takeaway from Mr Hau's oriental express the restraunt owned next door by Mr Hau a few months back and also became very ill and the food was not its usual standard. They were very dissapointed and will not be ordering food there again
I love Thai food and it may be some months before I can bear to look at pad thai noodles again.. for £28 for two people I was looking forward to a lovely meal in to start my holidays.. instead it was ruined. I have sent an email to the food standards agency as well..

Reviewed 30 March 2010

Best Thai in Eastbourne (there aren't that many but Thaipan knocks the others out the running!) fresh tasty food, freshly and quickly prepared. Great thai curries, noodles and even have some Japanese dishes including great Sushi! (the ONLY place in Eastbourne to get sushi). Highly Recommend.

Reviewed 28 February 2009

I hate to share the good news for fear of struggling to get a table in the future (at the moment the place is almost empty which makes for a quiet and relaxing dining experience) but at the same time want to make sure they survive into the future so they can continue to provide me wth such great food.

The only place in Eastbourne to get authentic sushi (which is super-fresh and excellent) and great tasting Thai food, which is all prepared fresh from your order. Love it all and the service is friendly and speedy. Good selection of wines, set-menus (if you don't know what to order) and did i mention the great sushi?

it's incredibly well-priced as well, for example 3 sushi dishes, 2 thai meat dishes, 1 vegetable dish, 1 rice dish for 2 people and a bottle of wine came to only £35. fantastic value. Have eaten there on many occasions with no bad after-effects (which is not what i can say for a few michelin-starred restaurants i've eaten in recently!)

1  Thank plewes