“fabulous fairlands”
Review of Fairlands Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastbourne
Fairlands Hotel
Ranked #55 of 77 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“fabulous fairlands”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

i took my father for a short stay at this family run guest house and would like to say what a great time we had. Mr Abbey the proprietor was so accomodating and nothing was too much trouble. You ask and he delivers. The chefs cooking I must commend as all the meat was perfectly cooked and very edible. The waitresses were friendly, efficient and very hard working.
There is entertainment provided for those wishing to remain in the hotel during evenings.
The service was perfect, it was a most enjoyable experience and I would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing time at great value. The location is ideal, very close to the sea, the theatres and the scenic Devonshire Park. It is also a 5 minute walk from the main Arndale shopping centre. I am counting down the days to my next stay.

Room Tip: If you are less mobile a ground floor room is ideal. However there is always a lift available.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank john t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
coventry
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Good food, Excellent value, friendly staff , can't do enough for you.
Clean and cosy. Even got 2 nights of good entertainment,Fabulous
location very near to the pier.Also the Winter Gardens and Congress
Theatre are only round the corner.
A lovely 5 day break.Highly recommend this hotel.
Ian Taylor and Anna Bole.

Room Tip: Ask Mr Abbey, the proprietor, He will do all he can. ( a lovely man )
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank ian a
Widnes
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Just had three feezing nights the hotel from hell,rooms like fridges,no hot water before 7am,food was dire,some people going out to eat.asked for two poached on toast for breakfast & told we could only have one,juice was an option on menue not as standard.Staff going round collecting butter pats before we left the table.All in all RUBBISH.On the plus side we had two great drivers from Travelstyle,Alan & John.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brian B

Travellers are raving about these Eastbourne hotels

Reviewed 2 March 2013

My self, sister and 2 and a half year old little girl have just recently returned from a 4 night stay with Travel Style. We stayed at the Fairlands hotel which was just a stones throw from the sea front, pier, gardens. The journey was very comfortable with 2 half hour breaks at moterway service stations and one shorter stop to change over coaches and luggage, still ample time to stretch legs, coffee and toilet. We were met at the hotel by a very friendly owner and staff who tended to all our individual needs, bringing our luggage to our rooms. Our room was large with a radiator which was always warm enough. The bathroom was spacious and clean. There was enough hot water for my sis to have a bath in the morning and myself and little girl had a bath in the evening. I enjoyed the entertainment, a lady singer who chatted to myself and my little girl before she got up to sing. Then there was George, I loved his electric guitar playing, he was also very comical, he was happy to see my little girl singing and clapping away. Food and service was very good, home cooked. The staff tended to all individual needs. Lucky was very attentive and extremely entertaining, he even let my little girl have some ice cream after her breakfast, she was made up. My little girl wanted some crisps, so Lucky came to us personally and explained that he was sorry they had none in at the the time and Mike from the bar made a special trip to the local shops on a cold night and came back with a big family pack. We are looking forward to going again soon. Veronica, Jasmine and Auntie Brenda.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank abaracadabara
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Just returned from a weekend break at fairlands hotel eastbourne. Lucky and his staff were very pleasant and friendly.Meals were simple and freshly cooked food the only downfall was child size portions and if you want a decent cup of tea take your own tea bags.hotel was quite dated and dull and in need of make over. Bedroom! well an IGLOO would have been warmer me and my husband were sat with our coats on all weekend due to old drafty windows that did not close and electric old fashioned wall heater was inadequate.Only had a small bath no shower and very little hot water sometimes no hot water at all and was unable to have a wash.One good point we were offered a fan heater the night before we came home but it was to little to late after spending 2 extremely cold nights there already. we had entertainment on the one night just George a local singer aged 60+ with his guitar a shadows wannabe. The hotel was in a very good central position but needs a lot of improvement

Room Tip: room number 2 got a radiator in small and cosy but only a bath and its a twin room
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank chris k
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

just returned from fairlands hotel with travelstyle and i wouldnt let my dog stay there it was horrible, we got to the hotel and just stood there waiting for somebody to open the door when they appeared we had to take our luggage up steep steps outside, other passengers help me and my friend with are cases as i have just had a double knee repllacement and my friend as osteporosis so we are not very mobile ,we went into our hotel and a elderly man give us our keys but didnt tell us where our rooms were! we found our room and to say we were disappointed would be a under statement the room was colder than outside the win dows were running with damp and you could smell the damp when we went in ,the bedding felt damp ,there was a heater on the wall which didnt work we asked for heating and was given a small electric heater to heat all the room, we went for our tea and thought things couldnt get any worse but they did . i have ceoliac disease and told the hotel beforehand and was told i would be catered for , i was given soup which was made with flour and ordinary bread when i mentioned ceoliac they said they had no gravy for me and would have all my meals dry which i did the chicken was tough we had two potatoes and one piece of broccoli plus a spoon of carrots it was served on a side plate the only sweet i was given was icecream all the time, i brought my own bread and was told 3days later that i had eat it so i would have to buy another one ,they did not cater for a speical diet they just give you less,all the other people complained about the cold and asked for heating ,they also said about the small portoins of food served and the rubbish they expected them to eat ,the staff serving the meals were lovely but when a man asked for a extra egg because he didnt like fried bread he was told that they would have to see if they had enough .the breakfast full monty was 1bacon1sausage1egg and half a tomato on the side plate again, WHEN WE WERE LEAVING WE WERE TOLD TO PUT NICE COMMENTS ABOUT THE HOTEL AND CHEF WELL THESE ARE MINE, DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTELYOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED I WOULD GIVE IT MINUS RATING IF POSSIBLE.!!!

Room Tip: no good rooms there
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank leather27
Tamworth, Stafordshire
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I've just returned from a New Year break at this hotel which we booked through Travel Style. We had an excellent New Year Party at this hotel. The entertainment, meals and level of customer care from all the staff was excellent - nothing was to much trouble. We will be going back again. All the food served was hot and well presented (plenty of it as well as being served on HOT plates!!) - the Chef produced some excellent food. The fact that a some of the guests have been going there for a number of years only serves to suppport my rating for this hotel. Taking into account the price we paid, it was excellent value for money. I'm sure that some people might write a different review - but if you want a 5 star experience you've got to pay 5 star prices!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends