“good value for money”
Review of Fairlands Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastbourne
Fairlands Hotel
Ranked #60 of 77 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My friend and I just had long weekend at fairlands with travelstyletours.Rooms in need of update but are clean and comfortable. Food really nice and good size portions but more options would be nice. Staff very friendly and helpful and the proprietor is a one off! All in all very good value trip and would definitely stay there again. .Arlette & Sue, Birmingham.

Room Tip: Not g May be some access problems for those with mobility issues but there is a lift.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank arlettymay
There are newer reviews for Fairlands Hotel

Reviewed 3 April 2013

My husband went to Fairlands Hotel on 22nd March 2013 with Travelstyle. I can honestly say the staff and the food were nice. We were given room 5, which is a big twin room on the front of the hotel on the 1st floor. As soon as you entered this room you could smell damp and the only heating it had was a one bar electric wall heater which was over one of the single beds, obviously this heater was not adequate to heat such a big room. The windows were still the original sash ones and the frames were rotted. The window frames were rotten, therefore the cold and wind came in. Our clothes felt damp when we came to put them on. We only had a bath in the bathroom, which we were happy with, however there was never any water hot enough to take a bath! I can honestly say that I could never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Some rooms did have heating, if you decide to go here ask for one.
Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 844PatB
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Just came back from an Easter Weekend break to Eastbourne with Travelstyle, staying at Fairlands. Having looked at the reviews we went with an open mind - as long as its clean and we can have a shower was all we really wanted. It was neither our room was on the 3rd floor - room 19 it was small (not that a big deal) but dirty with wallpaper held on with sellotape. There were dubious objects floating in the kettle - had to boil it half a dozen times before could even consider using it. Don't get me started on the bathroom- made by partitioning a wall in the already small room - no window covered in blaok mould t,the shower curtain had about a foot of mould we asked to change rooms but were told the hotel was full. By then it was time for dinner if you could call it that - no choice, potatoes had a weird chemical taste. We went out to eat at Harry Ramsdens down the road. Didn't sleep too well street light shining through the thin curtains had to resort to hanging bedspread up to window. First morning cleaned the mould off the bathroom with anti bac wipes purchased the night before. Risked the shower but hey guess what no hot water. Hubby went down to see owner who said he couldnt understand it as he'd had a hot shower - lucky him. He did eventually come to our room to check saying must it be an airlock. By now I was well and truly fed up so we packed our case and left ! We managed to book in at the Langham which was reasonably priced and a million times better than Fairlands . All I can say is you get what you pay for DON'T GO THERE. The only plus is it's location.

Room Tip: Don't even go there pay a little more and go to The Langham or The Pier Hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dame279
Reviewed 31 March 2013

me and my mums trip away, we spent four nights & 5 days me and my mum loved it here. lucky and his wife were nice and all the staff were great including the chef food was lovely. very clean hotel.

lucky and wife waved us off which i thought was lovely

kind regards

bev and betty

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bev H
Reviewed 29 March 2013

well what can you say! The owners are kind and attentive it represents reasonable vaule for what you pay but it is a tired hotel that badly needs redecoration.Rooms are extremely basic and extremely cold as heating is turned off at 23.00 every evening although a small fan heater was provided after i complained.The breakfast is ok but evening meal choice is extremely limited and one night included a jacket potato as a main course - I think not.All in all an experience I will not be in any hurry to repeat.

Room Tip: Dont bother
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tony H
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Just spent 4 nights here with Travelstyletours. Lucky and his wife were so accomodating, nothing was too much trouble. We landed in the most appalling weather conditions, snow blizzards, freezing cold but we couldn't have had a more warming welcome from the staff. Lovely food, clean rooms, daily fill up of coffee , tea and milks. Seconds walk across the road to the seafront. Minutes walk to the town, station, buses. Excellent location,always a choice of good food and a feeling of being "at home"!
I will be returning as my daughter works in Lewes and this was an ideal location to visit her.

Room Tip: I asked for a seaview and I got it. I was on the front in a single room and could see the sea if I l...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank WiganSue_13
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Just back from a 5 day break at the fairlands first of all what a very nice man lucky the owner was very friendly and welcoming man to all the guests and his wife also welcomed us in for tea every night clean rooms good home cooked food well stocked bar if there was anything he had not got he made sure he got it for you the next night even my newcastle brown ales i asked him for 2 nights entertainment both good nights we went on a coach tour as a family of 4 other guests were very friendly people as well all in all highly recommended hotel the photos other people have put on does not do it justice go and see for yourself

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family