“Friendly atmosphere”

Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Description: We serve only the finest Oriental Food, fast!! With unbeatable service and great value for money, you are sure to have a fantastic time dining with us. We offer a wide range of Dim Sum and a children's menu for only £2.50. A meal not to be missed!!
eastbourne
“Friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Always a welcome and food excellent. Good value for money. We have eaten there many times and will continue to do so x

• Visited March 2014

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid at all cost! They do not care!!!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Having been living in Eastbourne for twenty years, I had ordered take away food from the Oriental express many times. In the beginning the food was good they cared about their customers who helped them build there business as it is today. Sometimes businesses do get it wrong but a good business will always try to resolve it quickly when they may make the odd mistake should they get it wrong they would have taken notice and rectified the problem. It was on Saturday 22nd of February on my sons birthday and for a treat we ordered a take away, when it arrived the order was totally wrong, I phoned to inform them of this and there attitude was terrible, they told me that they would send the correct order asap. They had a terrible attitude and argued with me that I did not order my sons favorite dish which never did arrived, i called that day to speak to the owner Elvis but did not receive a reply on the same day as promised. On Sunday I woke up and felt really annoyed by the service and called him again to inform him personally that they never delivered my order correctly and his answer was we were too busy !!!! when I asked why they never called to tell us he didn't have a reply which I thought was very rude. The bill came to £40.00 it should have been called soggy duck not crispy duck, the ribs were dry and he basically did not care about what I had to tell him. Obviously they have made there name in Eastbourne and made there money and it is more than obvious that they will slop any old crap out to people and assume that people are not aware of how the standard of Chinese food should actually be. I will never order from them again as we did not even receive as much as an apology from Mr Elvis which I found rude and very disrespectful.

• Visited February 2014
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Not good”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Ordered a takeaway to be delivered via the on line booking form, we got an email confirmation of the order, we waited 1 hour 10 mins before ringing to ask where our delivery was. We were told they do not really use the website, although the website does NOT state that and the facility is fully available.
We were offered a 10% discount which we did not consider to be enough given that the delivery change was more than 10% so we ended up having very late fish and chips from a local shop where the service was superb.

• Visited October 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Quality Fast Food in Eastbourne”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A takeaway with the facility to stay in and eat from a separate menu. Excellent value and friendly speedy service. Have eaten here a few time now and never been disappointed. Is a sister to the main sit down restaurant a couple of doors up road Mr Hau. Will have to try as see that this has also had good reviews.

So if looking for a no frill ,no fuss, good value and good food..this is definitely worth trying

• Visited October 2013
Camberley
“Great food, quick service, big portions”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Love this place. No frills, great food, good portions, very reasonably priced. Nothing bad to say about it really. Even let you take home your leftovers if you don't eat it all.

Visited June 2013