“Fab B&B in Eastbourne highly recommended”
Review of La Mer Guest House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastbourne
La Mer Guest House
Ranked #61 of 77 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Fab B&B in Eastbourne highly recommended”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Had a lovely stay at the Le Mer. Rooms are very clean and tidy. The manager couldn't have been more helpful and bent over backwards to ensure we had a nice time. Breakfast was delicious. Would recommend this B&B for any length of stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Northampton
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Basic but comfortable and clean. Friendly proprietors and great breakfast. Extremely good value if you want good basic accommodation.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ACMidlands
Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Booked room through last minute.com. Manager contacted me on day of arrival enquiring what time i thought i would be arriving. I managed to park on small quiet street, which the B&B is on. Warm greeting from manager, who was happy to help me with internet connection and saying that i could have a late check out in the morning. I rented single room, small but perfectly formed and clean. I had use of shared toilet and bathroom, which were both fine. Breakfast was nice, and served quickly. Allowed to stay in the room till gone 11. Only slight negative was the TV only had two channels working due to digital switch over. Overall comfortable stay.. thanks!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2011

sheets had staines,toilet had urine on seat,floor was filthy ,shower was so scaled up the water trickled out, carpet not hoovered, had leak from ceiling was dripping on window sill,should not be allowed to trade

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sue m
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I found this guesthouse to tick all the boxes for me.
The rooms were clean and airy, and all the staff friendly and chatty. Even when the boys were caught short one morning (after a big night apparently) nothing was too much trouble for breakfast. Only got street parking but we found a spot right out the front each night with no problems.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank rixingle
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Found this thru a web search, and really pleased with everything.
There is no parking provided, but found some very close.
On arrival was greeted by the owner who is very friendly and cheerful.When asked where somewhere to get something to eat (Sun eve) suggested we try the local pub, good recommendation.
Room- a bit on the small side but, ensuite bathroom, tea making facilities, hairdryer alarm clock etc very comfortable bed.Good nights sleep, very quiet.
Breakfast- was offered Orange juice, tea or coffee, toast,cereal and a full english which was excellent.
We needed to get a taxi and the owner rang a cab firm.
If ever we go back to Eastbourne, La Mer will be No1 on the list

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ncar52
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2011

I booked the La Mer guest house as a Valentines weekend away for my Husband . I have never visited Eastboune, we usually stay in Hastings to visit my step children but thought it would be romantic to go somewhere else not to far away so we could still see the kids...i thought Eastbourne would be perfect,
I booked La Mer because it had a Kingsize room available and breakfast included for a very reasonable price...perfect ..or so i thought. I did leave a msg when i booked to say that we should be arriving about 2 ish but that we were travelling from Milton Keynes.Unfortunatly we did leave later than expected but didnt think that would be a problem....my Husband took me on a tour of Eastbourne Beachy Head etc and mid afternoon set off for the Hotel.
We put the postcode into the Sat-Nav which like they do took us to somewhere completly different after driviong around for an age we finally found it up a small back street. There was a parking space in front of La Mer,unfortunatly our car was to big to fit in so after driving round the block a few times i decided to get out and check in ,leaving my Husband trawling around to find parking.
The Manager was not there to greet us but i man came down and informed me that there had been a problem....there had been a leak that had gone into the breakfast room, so breakfast was off.....he said the Manager had told him to refund £20 because of this. I did think this was a nice gesture untill i was then informed that the leak had come from the En-suite in the room that i had booked so the room was off too, but not to worry...we have a double En-suite that we can offer you. Was disappointed but suppose it couldnt be helped ...Hubby was still trying to park !!!.
Was taken up to the top of the building and was shown into a room with Twin beds....def not a double, i said to the guys that i was here for a Valentines weekend away with my Husband and that this was not acceptable but he said he was just the messenger and that because of contractors staying in the Hotel this was all they had. Hubby had parked by this point almost on the Front and he couldnt belive it either. The leak had happened late the night before and i asked why the Manager had not Emailed me to inform me of this, and to give me the option of staying or booking into somewhere else and again got the messenger message.It was to late to book anywhere else so we had to take the room.The guy did push the beds together and on closer inspection they had different coloured sheets !!!! The T.V in the bedroom only had one channel that was clear The room and En-suite were very clean and the bed was very comfortable but we do feel very let down by the Hotel and its Manager and our lovely Valentines weekend away was not as romantic as it could have been .
We came down in the morning no-one was around to check us out so i commented in the book and we left the keys on the table....think this is the worst hotel experience that we have had

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple