“Best Thai Meal Ever!”

Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sabaidee Thai Restaurant, Eastbourne's most authentic Thai dining experience.
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We have just returned from a visit to Eastbourne and our wonderful lunch at Sabaidee on Carlisle Road was the highlight of our trip. My husband and I love Thai food and I can honestly say this was the best Thai meal we have ever had. Each dish was bursting with flavour, freshly cooked and beautifully presented. We enjoyed Dim Sum, Duck with Tamarind and for my mother-in-law and I two very spicy dishes - Jungle Curry and Stir fried Duck with Chillies. The Staff were so friendly and attentive and more than happy to give advice if needed. I tried Thai Custard cake for the first time and loved every mouthful of this unusual dessert. I cannot recommend this Restaurant enough, and will be making a return visit from Southampton as soon as we can.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Outstanding. We found it by accident and were indicted in. Staff a joy. Food superb. Surrounding first class. Couldn't ask for anything more!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I have been eating at this restaurant, or rather this building that is a restaurant, for many years now. The previous owner called the restaurant Siam Orchid and it was good but not outstanding. I mention this only to give reference to those who may have eaten here previously and not know that the restaurant has now been transformed. The new owner has re-decorated to a high standard and the food has improved to match. Service is good, staff are smartly dressed and extremely polite.

My partner and I ate here last night (July 2013) and it was the best Thai food I have eaten in this country. There are three or four other Thai restaurants in Eastbourne but I urge you to eat here first; I am sure you will not be dissappointed.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

When a restaurant can turn away a celebrity couple because they are too full - and then welcome them back the next night you know you have picked the right restaurant. This was the Sabaidee, a Thai restaurant, an Andy Murray lob away from the Aegon tennis tournament. The celebrity couple were non other than golfer Rory McIlroy and his beautiful tennis squeeze Caroline Wozniaki who were both in attendance when I visited and neither minded having their meal interrupted by an aged journalist cum writer. That was interesting but not as interesting as the excellent food presented at very reasonable prices.The entire experience , including a very good cocktail, was memorable and, as the man said, I will return if ever asked to cover the tournament again.

Date of visit: June 2013
Steve C, Owner at Sabaidee Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thanks for your flattering review. We only took over a few months ago and have gone to great lengths to create the right balance of traditional Thai style and hospitality combined with great food at reasonable prices. Our staff work hard to maintain these standards and it's always rewarding to receive such good feedback. Celebrity or mere mortal, we aim to please!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Sabaidee on Carlisle Road now has Thai coloured exterior and is more Thai inside. The decor is attractive, clean and almost authentic.
The new management are Thai, the cooks are Thai and the menu is Thai and Thai for westerners. Thai Green Curry if that is what you prefer, but there are lots of fish things....Sea Bass and Cod done Thai style....in superb light sauces, hot chillies if you want them; lots of lemon grass and ginger flavours.
The wine list is quiet good, the prices are quiet reasonible.

Overall....a good, value for money, authentic Thai experience....try it.