“New Year break”

Arundel Private Hotel
Ranked #49 of 75 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Very friendly hotel providing fantastic food, Clean and everything you could wish for. Entertainment good and cannot wait to go back in June 2014.Steak pie was really good and I am vegetarian and George could not do enough to satisfy. Regarding the food on New Years Eve it was out of this world - George and familty really excelled themseves. See you at end of June. We have been in touch with Just Go requesting bedroom H1 if possible. Eugenie and Ivan H.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Eugenie H

Reviewed 30 December 2013

we have stayed at this hotel on many occasions , and having been well pleased we booked with just go for 5 days over the xmas period ,i,m afraid we were dissapointed we felt we had missed xmas no party atmosphere very lack lustre having been diagnosed with dairy and gluten intolerance I was very let down I took most of my food myself but I,m afraid george did nothing at all for me special I had no starters or deserts I was not expecting luxury but even a jelly and fruit would have been something I<M afraid we shall not be going again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patricia w
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The best of look to you if you go to this hotel,if you are DISABLED do not go ( yes the lift was still broke) you can not get up the steps in to the hotel, someone will need to carry you,Yes the food is good & the hosts are very good.Best of look to you if you get hot water for your shower. The hotel is worn out our bed and everything in the hotel must have been there when the hotel was new. This hotel needs a complete make over.Just got back 29/11/13

Room Tip: Some in our party had a new room,I think there are two new rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank billbed
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We were welcomed on our arrival by George and his wife. Our room was comfortable and all the communal areas are very pleasant.

The food was lovely and plenty of it, especially the pie he deserves a Michelin award for that I hope somebody take notice and gives him credit for it .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Keith F
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This establishment is run by George and his family, who are excellent hosts. Although the room and bathroom were clean and tidy it was very 'tired' and dark and the shower was very temperamental! The food was plentiful and hot but less is more, please! Too much food on small plates did not make for good presentation. The dining room was also very warm and airless. The lounge and bar/entertainment areas lacked ambience and cosiness because of the 'clutter' and large plants, some of which had seen better days, were draped from large pots and across ceilings and walls! The lift was also out of action for most of our stay making access to rooms more difficult. However, George and his family are to be congratulated on their hosting skills.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank itchyfeet1uk
Reviewed 5 November 2013

just returned from a just go holiday. Our room was 103. lovely new bathroom. Room was clean & newly decorated. But wait for it the bed was completely worn out & broken. My husband who has recently had a stroke fell out of bed because it was all leaning to one side. When you got in on the left you just rolled over to the right till you fell out of bed. I told the driver next morning...
I thought we would of had a different bed when we got back. it was the same one. I told driver again at meal time. Someone went & put a board underneath. Saturday night was the same. it was like sleeping on the side of a mountain with a postage stamp. Sunday they changed the bed. Pity it was not done first time round!!!!!!

Food here was lovely & hot well done George for your menu...

Room Tip: cant say really. We were on floor one. So not bad if you can do a bit. lift was slow. Our room was a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iris j
Reviewed 2 November 2013

this hotel is the best private hotel I ve stayed in for years . the food is exellent bedrooms clean and tidy, run buy George and his wife they can not do enough for you the hotel is a 5 min waik form the sea front and about 10 mins walk from the town centre

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends