Mansion Lions Hotel
US$52
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$155
  • Beachfront
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Breakfast included
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$67
  • Pool
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
US$261
US$59
US$57
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$153
Priceline
  • Beachfront
All reviewslick of paintdance floorenjoyed my staywaiting stafflovely roomtown centretea and coffeecooked breakfastpier
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel is old, a bit run down. You could hear creaking as you walked up the stairs. The staff who run it sound like they are from Eastern Europe (Poland?). The room was fine except for one thing - no hot water in the bathroom at all. A huge let-down really. This was also a problem with my friends' room so it wasn't just mine. We paid £36 each for a single room excluding breakfast which seems to be the going rate for a room in a non-fancy hotel in Eastbourne at this time of year. The hotel wasn't very busy but that was no reason to turn off the hot water. Jesus!

Room Tip: Ask if they have hot water!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank scardwel
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have read reviews going back a few years. One of the reviewers mentions the very room my husband and I stayed in and complains of exactly the same problems existing back then so it's obvious no notice has been taken by management of anything.....8/10 reviewers complain about shabby, broken and dodgy furniture and decor, dodgy showers, dodgy electrics and this is going back 2-3-4 years.....
I want to add to my previous review that the sheets didn't fit the bed, there was an overall musty smell and I had to wash all the clothes we took even though we didn't wear some.
I perhaps thought I had been spoilt by having spent time in some really super hotels over the years and maybe I'm overly critical of standards but at £108 (reduced by some 40 odd quid too!!), who wouldn't expect something more than shabby sh*t??

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank awarren2
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Booked online into Chatsworth only to get a phone call an few hours later to say they had no rooms so we were being transferred next door to the sister hotel, Mansion (Lions) but to make up for the inconvenience, were told we'd have a really nice room! So...up the lift on 3rd floor but then down steps and right at the back of the building. Good job we only had overnight case!
Large room but like a 90's time warp. It was an inland facing room, views over a little garden and the back windows of the hotel opposite, no wonder there were heavy net curtains on our windows! Nasty cheap looking furniture, threadbare bedding, wardrobe all damaged, Terrible decor, (my grandson of 9 could gloss paint pipes better), holes in the plasterwork, damp ingress in two corners of the room that have been botchily covered up and a general all round feeling of neglect. Certainly not worth £108 by any means and we wouldn't rush back that's for sure. I'll give 1 star but that's being generous....

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank awarren2
Reviewed 23 September 2013

As nearly all the staff were non-English speakers, they didn't understand the needs of those with allergies (gluten free or dairy free), although the hotel was aware of these a month before we visited. We were with a group being supplied with packed lunches. The problems for the "specials" had to be seen to be believed. I just ditched the biscuits they provided. The room was clean & large. It was nice to have a full-sized bath, but a pity there was not sufficient hot water to enjoy it. On the plus side, the TV reception in our room was so awful, my hubby couldn't enjoy any sport!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank EMC285
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just returned from a trip at the Mansion Lions Hotel Eastbourne and I can say that it was very clean, had good food and lovely staff. Ok here and there the deco is a bit tired but to me that was not important. The hotel is in the most perfect location and as we had a sea view all the better. I nearly cancelled on this hotel due to the bad reviews i had read,but so glad i didn't. You get what you pay for and to me this was very good value for money. The moaners should pay more and stay in a 5 star. I will definately be going back to the Mansion Lions Hotel again.

Room Tip: Recommend a room with a sea view,
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends