All reviews lick of paint dance floor waiting staff town centre cooked breakfast pier bandstand
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at the Mansion Lions hotel with G B Tours for 4 nights ending 13/06/14. Very busy hotel with 3 other coach parties also there. We were fortunate to be given a sea view room which had great views and although the room was kept clean and tidy and was quite comfortable it was in need of redecoration. The shower room was nicely finished but the shower doors and shower head needed attention. Dining was staggered and depended on which coach company you were with but this did not cause us any problem. Food was of reasonable quality, variation and quantity but nothing spectacular apart from the cheese board which was great. Staff throughout the hotel were excellent and do a great job. Our holiday with G B tours was great value considering the included trips out, the use of this hotel and the price paid.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

First impressions are good with efficient, friendly staff but the room, whilst comfortable, was in need of re-decoration and some TLC - for instance repair of a broken window whilst repainting of the common parts is needed.The full English breakfast was very tasty and a varied choice was available. The beds were comfortable and we had a sea view.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are at the front. Ensure you ask for a parking permit costing £1 a day, much cheaper than the Pay & Display machines.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arthur C
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I never write reviews on tripadvisor. And I wasn't planning to. After arriving yesterday afternoon, I was happy to ignore the peeling wallpaper in our room and the exposed pipes - after all, we did have a lovely view of the pier and sea. I was also prepared to ignore the biscuit crumbs on the floor, the mattress that felt like a water-bed, and the bits of ceiling hanging down in the corridors. I was happy enough to laugh when the receptionist commented that the tiny carpeted lift terrified her, but that she was sure it was working fine today! We weren't even too bothered that the barman didn't turn up for work so the bar couldn't open. But arriving in an almost empty breakfast room this morning and having sat down at a table with a sea view, I was quite disconcerted to be told that another guest had sat there yesterday and would probably want to sit there again today and that the waiter would choose our seats. I said we really wanted a sea view, at which point he repeated again that HE would seat us, before insisting we sat behind the kitchen door, at the other-side of the room from the empty tables with sea views. I'm not a fussy eater, but the breakfast that arrived was inedible and cold - including the toast and coffee. When I complained to the receptionist, she said she was "sorry about that" but otherwise totally dismissive. I paid £110....UNBELIEVABLE! My advice: if struggling to find accommodation in Eastbourne on a bank holiday weekend, remember there's a reason why this hotel still has vacancies...

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank 3Bob7777777
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Poor poor food cold never again service rubbish I would never stay there ever again would I stay need to much work every where in the hotel could look great but they don't care about the people coming though the door sad

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 19 May 2014

excellent experience. Hotel was clean, rooms were fine, requested room with shower and near a lift. Adequate storage space, tea/ coffee renewed daily, also received free bottle juice on arrival to room. Meal times were staggered as there were three coaches in and this worked very well. Staff attentive and welcoming.Entertainment most nights but didn't bother with it, other passengers said it was ok though. Good position of hotel and Eastbourne itself is quite big.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple