2,338 results
All reviewsswimming poolsea viewapple juicejacuzzi bathgroupon dealsea frontfour poster bedlovely hotelon arrivalbreakfast was buffet styleevening mealdining roomshort breakstandard rooman upgraderestaurant staffplenty of choice
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I were looking for a nice relaxing weekend break and we were very pleased to have got this after staying at the BEST WESTERN York House Hotel.
The hotel was great with a heated indoor swimming pool that was open for use all day and into the evening. The room size was very good with separate dressing area and a reasonable size bathroom. The bed was very comfortable with sufficient tea and coffee facilities.
Staff at the hotel were all very friendly and happy to help. The choice of breakfast was very good, with decent sized sausages and thick cut bacon that you could help yourself to. The only point we would raise was that the toaster did keep setting off the fire alarm when the toast was burning which was a little annoying but this did not ruin our stay.
We would definitely go back in the future and will recommend this hotel to family and friends.

1  Thank danielpurton
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed you stay with us and thank you for your comments reference my staff.

The toast........I always look for a positive out of a situation and I do really think we might have a sales opportunity here in that we could offer 'residential learn how to operate a pop up toaster courses' but seriously it does amaze me about the burning of toast .....I don't know how people cope at home....... my apologies for the fire alarm disturbance during breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We booked a deal for four nights in January 2014. Part of the hotel was undergoing some refurbishment and the twin room (202) we were allocated was affected by this. After seeing the room we mentioned this to Reception and were immediately offered a (free) upgrade to a family, sea view, room (154) at the front of the hotel. Room 154 was about three times as large as 202, with of course great views, and we gladly accepted it! The room was also clean, modern and well-maintained, and had a bath (as had room 202 also), which we prefer. We used the swimming pool once but found it rather small. Breakfast, which was included as part of the break, was very good, and we had a choice of various hot items, with continental breakfast also included in addition to the hot breakfast, including smoked salmon. The service was marvellous, and nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely stay here again and will recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Choose a seaview room
1  Thank RichB1952

Thank you for your review.

I am glad my staff reacted to your satisfaction in respect to room allocation

Glad you had a good time with us and thankyou for your overall comments about my staff and Breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We have just spent the weekend at the hotel. The room is small and basic (unless you pay a lot more for a sea view) but clean and warm and there is a bath rather than just a shower. But the staff (mostly Eastern European I think) are so nice and helpful they make staying there a pleasure.
The swimming pool is more like a paddling pool, and we didn't use it. They should do more in the way of variety of a light dinner in the bar and the set menu (2 or 3 courses) in the restaurant is fairly pricey and doesn't cater for those who just want a salad. We ended up having a cocktail and delicious salady sort of thing at the Grand up the road, which was excellent value and wow.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Desmond B
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that overall you had a good time with us and for your information the majority of my staff are shall we say Western European with a few from the East.

It is a shame you missed the bit on the menu that says please ask us if you would like anything else as I am sure we could have managed a salady sort of thing. Always please ask if we can do something else after all we do have a team of chefs in the Kitchen and even if we don't have the ingredients on site we will always nip out and get them for you.

It is a matter of opinion I guess over the swimming pool - it is a fun pool and is not shown as an olympic size.

As a positive and on point we are just going to print with a great new bar menu which if you visit us again I am sure will be more suitable for you.

Our seaview rooms at this time of year are just £15 per night extra and generally are 50% bigger as well so well worth the money.

Perhaps if you are in the area again please let me know

Reviewed 13 January 2014

i got a great deal at this rather nice hotel, very welcoming and a nice place to stay. the location is perfect to see the sights of Eastbourne and the room i stayed in, although small, was clean and nicely decorated. Would definitely recommend for stay in East Sussex!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for your review.

Glad you had a good time with us recently in one of our 'standard' rooms which are smaller than the sea view rooms, however still pleasant enough generally.

Always keep an eye out for those 'deals' because we do do them all year round but they can sell out very quickly.

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at the York House Hotel for 3 nights in January 2014. We upgraded to a room with a sea view (Room 184) which was lovely. Lots of space, comfortable bed, fantastic views, great bathroom and very quiet. We were very impressed with the general service in the hotel. We had dinner on our first night, which was part of the deal we had. Dinner was great - and service fantastic. We would like to especially mention the Deputy Manageress who was so helpful and caring. Whatever she gets paid - its not enough!!
We would have no hesitation in booking at this hotel in the future. A great hotel in a prominent position on this very quaint English seafront.

Room Tip: Try room 184. Very quiet with great sea view.
1  Thank Kevin M

Thank you for your review.

Great to see you had a good time with us and one of our contemporary 4 posters (184) was as comfortable as designed.

Thank you also for your comments reference dinner and Ewa, one of my Duty Managers. I agree with you that monetary renumeration is not always what we would like in an ideal world but we do try!

Hope to see you again soon