2,345 results
All reviewsswimming poolsea viewapple juicejacuzzi bathgroupon dealsea frontfour poster bedlovely hotelon arrivalbreakfast was buffet styleevening mealdining roomshort breakstandard rooman upgraderestaurant staffplenty of choice
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Like others we arrived in the rain and it didn't stop until we left! We paid for an upgrade to sea view so a little disappointed that others got it for free but we did need a room on a low floor . My husband and I have stayed in many hotels, although the hotel itself was good we found the food was not up to scratch, the first evening we had dinner and were "encouraged" to have three courses only to be faced with a bill for dessert and coffee. Breakfast the first morning was buffet and although a good selection food was not hot, second morning we had to order our breakfast and it was"cooked to order". When our food arrived the plates were hot but food was cold with only one mushroom and one tomato half, we did mention this to the waiters and on checking out and were told "sorry". Not really acceptable.

Room Tip: Sea view room great but can be noisy, avoid a room near a fire door!
3  Thank Votierjude
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for your review.

I think it is fair to say that if you want to guarantee a room with a view and specific floor then a pre charge is added. If you want to take 'potluck' and risk it and ask for a free upgrade on arrival, we will if we can, however that way there is no guarantee.

I did apologise personally to you as I checked you out and it's a shame that you weren't perhaps a bit more candid, but also you mentioned the one day and not the other.

Like anyone else we make mistakes and if you were after something more than an apology all you needed was to say so.

On the deal you were on it is quite clearly stated and as you say it is 2 courses. I hope my staff didn't 'straight jacket' you into the extra course and coffee - they assure me they didn't.

We serve large 'flatcap' mushrooms where one is the standard portion - if you do want another one and as I often say please ask and we will be more than happy to oblige.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We arrived in the rain and it was still raining 2 days laters when we left, but that did not deter us from having 3 great days in this superb Best Western York House hotel. On arrival we were upgraded to a double sea view luxury room on the first floor with a four poster kingside bed, dressing area and a large bathroom with jacuzzi bath, modern decor, large TV. Reception staff all gave excellent service at all times. Swimming pool very warm, changing facilities not great, but at this time of year we had the pool to ourselves each day late pm. Restaurant food was to a high standard, good selection of courses each day, fine wines, and the service could not be faulted - well done to all the evening and breakfast staff. Breakfast was also very good, wide variety of cold and hot food.
One of the best hotels we have stayed in this year, highly recommended for excellent service, smart accommodation and quality food well presented. We would be happy to return.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you appreciated our great 4 poster rooms with their great sea view.

Thank you for your comments reference my staff and our food in general and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

PS sorry about the rain we will try to do better for you next time.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We have just returned from the York House Hotel after a two day special offer there. We enjoyed the stay and the food was excellent. Nice to have the well heated indoor pool too in January.

The staff were very attentive to our needs and we felt it very good value for money.

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see you had a great mini break with us and appreciated the indoor pool, which is a blessing with the rain this month!

Thank you for your comments reference my staff and our food and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

On arrival found we were upgraded to sea view family room. Room was well decorated and fitted out with everything we needed. Bathroom a little tired.Staff were polite and helpful.Good food and especially the choice of breakfast. Would recommend the English breakfast. All in all a a great hotel. Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Jeff O
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you appreciated your stay with us recently and the seaview.

Thank you also for your comments on our food, especially breakfast and my staff.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

fantastic location had a room overlooking the beach, staff very friendly and helpful, breakfastwas first class and great value for the money, as mentioned before the staff are a credit to the hotel our room was sea facing and very clean and tidy

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you had a good 'break' with us recently in your seaview room.

Thank you for your comments reference my staff and our new improved Breakfast.

Hope to see you again soon