Cavendish Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$64
US$98
US$64
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$77
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

Shore View Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$66
Hydro Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
US$118
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

US$191
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$85
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$84
2,337 results
All reviewsswimming poolsea viewapple juicejacuzzi bathgroupon dealsea frontfour poster bedlovely hotelon arrivalbreakfast was buffet styleevening mealdining roomshort breakstandard rooman upgraderestaurant staffplenty of choice
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My sister booked this short break to celebrate my 60th. We were allocated a wonderful room overlooking the sea which was very tastefully decorated. I am not usualy lost for words but this hotel takes some beating. The Manager Mark, along with his staff certainly worked together as a team for us to experience warm, friendly service with a smile at all times - a rarity these days!

The evening meal included scallops & venison, breakfast locally produced and fairtrade produce. The soldiers served with my fresh farm egg brought back very happy memories of childhood, a lovely idea.

We were also fortunate to be blessed with sunny weather on the 23rd January and had a truely amazing time. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and have just booked a further 'deal' to share a break with my daughter.

Thanks to all - my sister has also written to the Head Office with her gratitude.

Room Tip: Worth having a sea view - a nice view even on a wet day
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our sea views and refurbished rooms.

Thank you for your comments about my staff and you must have caught me on a good day if I was smiling!

I am glad you liked our reformed Breakfast Buffet including the 'boil your own' egg station.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon when you return to us.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed at York House Hotel and had a wonderful time. Upgraded to a sea view, which was a real treat. Staff first class. Nothing negative to say at all. Wish all hotels were this attentive. Would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you appreciated our practice of upgrading on arrival if available.

Thank you for your comments overall and in particular my staff.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Like others we arrived in the rain and it didn't stop until we left! We paid for an upgrade to sea view so a little disappointed that others got it for free but we did need a room on a low floor . My husband and I have stayed in many hotels, although the hotel itself was good we found the food was not up to scratch, the first evening we had dinner and were "encouraged" to have three courses only to be faced with a bill for dessert and coffee. Breakfast the first morning was buffet and although a good selection food was not hot, second morning we had to order our breakfast and it was"cooked to order". When our food arrived the plates were hot but food was cold with only one mushroom and one tomato half, we did mention this to the waiters and on checking out and were told "sorry". Not really acceptable.

Room Tip: Sea view room great but can be noisy, avoid a room near a fire door!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Votierjude

Thank you for your review.

I think it is fair to say that if you want to guarantee a room with a view and specific floor then a pre charge is added. If you want to take 'potluck' and risk it and ask for a free upgrade on arrival, we will if we can, however that way there is no guarantee.

I did apologise personally to you as I checked you out and it's a shame that you weren't perhaps a bit more candid, but also you mentioned the one day and not the other.

Like anyone else we make mistakes and if you were after something more than an apology all you needed was to say so.

On the deal you were on it is quite clearly stated and as you say it is 2 courses. I hope my staff didn't 'straight jacket' you into the extra course and coffee - they assure me they didn't.

We serve large 'flatcap' mushrooms where one is the standard portion - if you do want another one and as I often say please ask and we will be more than happy to oblige.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We arrived in the rain and it was still raining 2 days laters when we left, but that did not deter us from having 3 great days in this superb Best Western York House hotel. On arrival we were upgraded to a double sea view luxury room on the first floor with a four poster kingside bed, dressing area and a large bathroom with jacuzzi bath, modern decor, large TV. Reception staff all gave excellent service at all times. Swimming pool very warm, changing facilities not great, but at this time of year we had the pool to ourselves each day late pm. Restaurant food was to a high standard, good selection of courses each day, fine wines, and the service could not be faulted - well done to all the evening and breakfast staff. Breakfast was also very good, wide variety of cold and hot food.
One of the best hotels we have stayed in this year, highly recommended for excellent service, smart accommodation and quality food well presented. We would be happy to return.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you appreciated our great 4 poster rooms with their great sea view.

Thank you for your comments reference my staff and our food in general and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

PS sorry about the rain we will try to do better for you next time.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We have just returned from the York House Hotel after a two day special offer there. We enjoyed the stay and the food was excellent. Nice to have the well heated indoor pool too in January.

The staff were very attentive to our needs and we felt it very good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see you had a great mini break with us and appreciated the indoor pool, which is a blessing with the rain this month!

Thank you for your comments reference my staff and our food and we look forward to seeing you again soon.