“A very special treat”

Best Western York House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was looking for something really special as a lovely treat for my wonderful husband, who after five long painfilled years is still recovering after a serious car accident. The booking could not have been more straight forward using an Amazon Local deal for three nights with breakfast included.The manager & all the staff were extreamly courteous & helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Our room was superb, well maintained clean & comfortable. The breakfast was amazing offering a lovely selection of both traditional & continental, to suit all tastes. We were extreamly satisfied with the whole experience, particularly the comfort & accessability which are an essential for us. We certainly hope to return in the future, many thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your review.

Good to see that yourself and your husband enjoyed your stay with and glad of course that we could be of help.

Thanks also for your comments reference my staff and in relation to rooms and breakfast.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Best Western-just the name made me expect a quality stay, but it unfortunately some basic matters where missing: clean lobby, clean beds, clean tea pots. The lobby was very dusty with bits a the corners. In the room, the carpet was not properly hoovered...the bed was very small and hard; and had a blood stain. I saw it too late to be able to make any discussions-we had already paid.
The breakfast was horrible. The scambled eggs were a watery mess. Staff was arrogant. The waiter kept touching the inside of the cups when putting them on the table.So he must have touched mine-I could not drink my tea anymore...Sorry, cannot find anything good about this stay....very disappointing.

1  Thank Minna24

Thank you for your review.

Wow that flies in the face of all my other reviews, sounds like this was a disaster and never ever had any of my staff called arrogant.

I am surprised that you never mentioned anything to my Reception team.

I would ask that you contact me on my direct email so that we can examine what went on here:

mark.cotman@yorkhousehotel.co.uk

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I very much enjoyed our stay at your hotel for three nights. We were pleasantly surprised to be told on arrival that we had been given an upgrade of a sea view room which was much appreciated. The staff attention to detail and pleasant manner- without exception- made our stay very enjoyable. My wife also enjoyed a swim in your pool on two occasions which was a bonus. The breakfasts were excellent with attention to detail by the staff on duty very special in this day and age. We have no hesitation in highly recommending your hotel.

Thank you for your review.

Glad we had the opportunity to upgrade you on your 'special' occasion and that this was appreciated.

Thank you for your comments reference my staff and our breakfasts and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed for two nights over half term as we had a special deal offer. We upgraded last minute to a sea view room, the last they had was on the top floor so the room was smaller than I presume the others may have been but still very well appointed. There was no traffic noise or other disturbances even from the wedding party happening in the hotel.

The location couldn't be more convenient right by the beach and even parking represented no challenges.

The staff were all charming and attentive, the warm indoor pool was a pleasant bonus with plenty of clean towels available.

We ate in the Verandah restaurant on our last evening and were looked after concientiously by Ewa the restaurant manager and the fixed price menu was delicious, of a very high standard and very good value.

Overall, we were delighted with our stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel and return for another trip.

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you appreciated the benefits of our seaview rooms and liked our small but warm indoor pool.

Thank you for your comments reference my staff and in particular Ewa and of course your mention of our 'daily' dinner menu.

We look forward to seeing you again when you return.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Hotel and Staff are very nice. We have a beautiful sunny seaview room with a view to the Pier. The room and bathroom were very clean. The staff are very very nice and friendly and even the Breakfast was good. Thanks

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your seaview room and your view of the pier.

We do try to put on a good breakfast and overall most people appreciate the quality ingredients we use.

We hopefully will see you on a return visit at some point.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a refreshing difference two members of staff in particular Edward and the restaurant manager were exceptionally helpful with all requests the room was beautiful, apple juice a lovely extra. A lovely stay we will return thank you.

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us.

Thank you for your comments reference my staff and in particular 'Andrew & Ewa'

Glad to see you also liked our organically sourced Apple Juice and we look forward to seeing you on our return.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my 7 year old daughter stayed for 2 nights during Half Term, The hotel staff were very friendly and did all they could to accomodate my daughters fussy eating habits! The pool area and bathroom could have been cleaner however it was perfectly acceptable! The fact that they accept dogs make it a dead cert that we will return at some stage!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mkimmings

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see that yourself and your daughter had a good time with us and that we also catered for your 4 legged friend adequately.

Thank you for your comments reference my staff and I note your comment reference the pool area which I will check into.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.