“Lovely hotel”

Best Western York House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a 2 night stay which we thoroughly enjoyed. The hotel is lovely and the standard room that we stayed in was faultless. I understand that it had been recently refurbished and was beautifully decorated with a lovely bathroom and really comfortable bed. The breakfast was excellent with a great choice and the swimming pool was a pleasure to be in - lovely and warm ! All in all I would like to say a big thank you for a great stay. I would not hesitate to recommend York House and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see that you had a great stay with us recently.

Thank you for the mention about our refurbished standard rooms, our Breakfasts and our pool.

We look forward to seeing you again on your return.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had the most wonderful weekend break, 3 rooms - all with sea views. We had taken my father away for his 98th birthday. All staff, but especially the Restaurant Manager, made a huge fuss of dad, reserved a table for breakfast and even gave him a box of chocolates. The whole experience was just delightful and would recommend the hotel. Th only criticism was the room dad was in was a newly refurbished ground floor room, but unfortunately the shower did not work correctly and flooded the bathroom floor, but we reported this to the Duty Manager and so hopefully this will soon be rectified.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review.

i am glad to see that yourself and your party had a great time with us and that we were able to make a fuss - let us know and we will try

It sounds like you had room 3 on the ground floor which is a wetroom set up but I will check into your comments, thanks for mentioning.

I am glad Ewa and my staff surpassed your expectation and please feel free to drop me a line for the 99th.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at York House. The room was lovely, great size and wonderful view looking out to beach. Bed was really comfy and the breakfast was 1st class. Can't wait to stay again. Carole

Room Tip: Any room that has a sea view

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in your seaview room.

Thanks also for the mention of our Breakfasts.

Feel free to drop me a line the next time you wish to stay.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Thank you for such a lovely weekend. We loved our four poster room, such a comfortable bed. ( I would loved to take that home with me! ) Beautiful sea views. Everything in our room was  very clean and to a high standard. Every single member of staff we came across was very friendly and helpful.  You have got a great team there. We had a meal in your restaurant last night and the food was delicious.
 I will be recommending your hotel to all my friends and family and myself and my husband would love to come and visit again soon.
 Thank you again.  Kinds regards Ruth Jones.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your review.

Glad to see you had a great weekend with us and you enjoyed your 4 poster room.

Thank you also for the comments reference my staff and our food and if you do want to venture our way again always feel free to drop me a line on my email.

mark.cotman@yorkhousehotel.co.uk

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of days with my fiancee, using the Amazon Deal. For what we paid, it was great value, with a free upgrade to a seaview room to. Room 204 on the front corner of the hotel has a huge bed, but the bathroom could do with replacing. It was pretty dated. Everything else was fine. Lovely breakfasts and helpful staff. Only a 10 minute walk to the town or train station.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am glad overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to upgrade you to a seaview and as per the previous review my comments reference bathroom apply.

Thanks also for the mention of our breakfasts and my staff and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We also used the Amazon voucher for two nights and it was excellent value for money! Our room was very spacious and had sea view, which was an additional treat.
The room (and the bathroom) could use some updating and with the morning traffic, it would have been good to have soundproof windows. Also, the bathroom door would not close. But other than that, we really enjoyed our stay and especially being so close to the sea.
We were suprised to have such a large TV in the room, which was good for watching the soccer world championship in the evenings. We also liked the pool, which was suprisingly big given the size of the hotel. Staff were friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Sea vie means traffic!

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your seaview room.

I understand your point that some of our rooms are due an upgrade to their bathrooms, the rooms being fine, and rest assured this is in the schedule.

Thank you for the mention of our pool and my staff also.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

A lovely 2 nights in this hotel on b+b basis. Quiet room! (310) attractively decorated and great bathroom with walk in shower.
Breakfast was just fine for us and the breakfast was really good, service and staff were excellent.
For a 3 star hotel the York House exceeded expectation.
This was our first visit to Eastbourne. We would certainly consider a return trip and would stay again at York House hotel

Room Tip: If you want quiet the 10's are good. No view, rear facing, we don't have any problems with a...

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our new rear standard rooms with their big walk in showers.

Thank you also for your mention of my staff and our Breakfasts and hopefully we will see you again soon should you return to Eastbourne for a second visit.