Best Western York House Hotel
Cavendish Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$167
US$52
US$98
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
US$266
US$232
Agoda.com
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$68
Priceline
2,212 results
All reviewsswimming poolsea viewjacuzzi bathgroupon dealsea frontfour poster bedon arrivallovely hotelevening mealdining roombreakfast was buffet stylestandard rooman upgradeshort breakparking voucherplenty of choicenight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Spent two nights at this hotel June 8/9 2014. Room was very big with twin beds as I was with my sister. Had sea view which was nice. Bathroom was adequate. We got this trip as an offer through Amazon so was a little disappointed that the hotel wasn't as advertised on it's website. It looked very luxurious and well furnished, but on arrival the front entrance didn't give a good impression. It was rather shabby and needed updating as did the rest of the hotel as we went along. Although our room was clean it was again rather shabby. Sleep was not too good as there was no air conditioning and we could have had a fan which would have kept us awake. (The breakfast was excellent, great choice, full English, cereal, yoghurt, fresh juice and much more. Given the price we paid we couldn't grumble too much but had we paid full price We would have complained. The staff at all times were very helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are best but some noise from the road. We were on the 2nd floor so no noise from above.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank milouEnfield
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your review.

This sort of review is somewhat confusing, however let's stick to the positives and thank you for your comments reference my staff and our breakfasts.

I note your comments reference air conditioning however due to the location of our hotel EB Council do not allow the projection of the outer workings along the whole seafront as we are in a conservation area and hence why you find no such things as amusement arcades etc on our seafront. Air conditioning is effectively an electric fan so I don't quite get your comparison to an electric fan.

I am intrigued reference your '1' for location - if you want a beachfront hotel in Eastbourne then you can get no closer to the beach than us - equal yes but no closer.

I guess we won't see you again but if you do fancy another trip to a 'shabby' hotel then feel free to drop me a line and let's see if we can change your mind.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

have just returned from another great week at york house,as fantastic as aleays,they surprised me by presenting me with a lovely cake to celebeate my 30th year of visiting the hotel,that's what i call great customer service! i am returning next year,booked already!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review.

Nice to see you again and I am glad to see that we managed to give you a little surprise.

As I always say to people let us know if it is a special occasion and we will always endeavour to 'surprise' you but remember please we have not mastered the art of 'being psychic' yet.

We look forward to seeing you for your 31st.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were on a 2 night Amazon Local package and upgraded to a seaview 4 poster room with its separate dressing room, spa bath and loo/basin area. I'm sure people can get lost returning from the loo to the bed!!

Staff were most helpful (especially with the extra chocolate) and the Indoor pool is just the right temperature....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephenrb

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the 4 poster room and I understand what you mean about getting 'lost', I am sure some people have spent the night in the jacuzzi!

Thank you for mentioning my staff and we do keep our pool at a temperature of 31 degrees as we do have a 'baby' lessons session a couple of days a week.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Booked this as a last minute get away sent to me by Amazon , £99 for 2 nights B&B which l thought was brilliant ,l asked if l could have seaview and offered to pay extra and the charge was £50.
When we arrived the lovely receptionist said we had been upgraded to a supreme room and was gobsmacked when we saw it, what a lovely room that had everything you could possibly want, even an expresso machine. We had a lovely meal that night in the hotel, and all the staff were so helpful and pleasant and very attentive. The one little negative was when we stayed we were lucky to have 2 hot days and nights therefore the room was warm and as you are on the front, the main road can be busy so if you are a light sleeper you may not be able to have your window open,so you might need a fan, other than that we highly recommend the York House Hotel and will definitely be going back. Breakfast was wonderful.

Room Tip: We had room 124 , on the 1st floor next to the lift and stairs but was very quite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BunnyHerts

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see that we upgraded you from your 'paid for' seaview room to one of our Superior 4 poster rooms and that you appreciated that factor. Once again proves to 'doubters' that we will always use our best rooms.

Thank you also for mentioning my staff and our breakfast and dinner.

We look forward to seeing you again on your return.

Ps. Always feel free to ask for a fan.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was the first time we had been to Eastbourne and we had an excellent 2 night stay at the York House Hotel. We were upgraded to a sea view room on arrival and made to feel very welcome. Our room had everything you needed and the hugh bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was really good with a range to suit all tastes and we could not fault the staff on either day, thank you. Parking was not a problem and we were able to park for longer on the day we left thanks to the member of staff on reception. Would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Virginia O

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you had a good stay with us recently.

Thank you also for your comments reference my staff and our breakfast and we hope to see you on a return visit soon.