“2 night stay”

Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
london
“2 night stay”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Using an Amazon voucher we enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much.On the advice of people on Trip Advisor we up graded our room to a sea view room which was wonderful,it certainly had been refurbished and we had so much space with an enormous king size bed.
Just a little memo to the management the room could do with a small table by the sofa to put drinks and cups on.
We had no problem with the traffic noise,opened the window at night and closed it in the morning .easy!
The staff were all very helpful and dealt with our request for extra towels,pillows and an ice bucket within five minutes of us been in the room,very impressive.

Also another note to the management as we were leaving on Thursday 14th August we noticed that the reception staff kept a very cool head whilst dealing with an extremely rude guest,well done.
The breakfast was to me adequate, more fresh fruit and hard boiled eggs would of been great(but I do not eat a fry up) but top marks for the fresh juices and the tea

The hotel is an easy walk into town although the cabs are in abundant and very cheap.
We will keep are eyes open for any more offers with this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated your upgrade to seaview.

Note to management noted - thank you

Thank you also for mentioning my staff, in particular Reception and as you say they do have cool heads.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and the offers are on our website already for September and other deals are just about to go live too.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Thai first
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Using an Amazon voucher we enjoyed an excellent stay - generally speaking. Our room was compact but had all we needed for a couple of nights and was clean and attractive. A couple of faults with the bathroom were a) the fan not working (I begin to wonder if they ever do!) which is always inconvenient in a shared bathroom, and b) the shower head had been chosen with a jet system that sprayed water as generously behind as in front of itself - with the result that the splash back onto the wall inevitably cascaded onto the floor no matter what you did with the shower curtain. Result was a bit dangerous I thought.

However - the real problem was the pigeons! Our room was at the back of the hotel - fair enough; somebody has to be - but pigeons had taken up roosting on a window sill next to ours and their noise, and the mess across our window associated with their coming and going was appalling. The room was TOO compact to have kept the window shut so we could not avoid the disturbance. We were told by someone on duty at the desk that the problem was insuperable but I beg to differ. If a couple of thousand birds can be driven out of Trafalgar Square I would think it not beyond the wit of man to get rid of two! They had clearly been in residence a long time and had torn out the grill once installed to keep them at bay.

We asked about a room change but, alas for us, the hotel was fully booked.

I must emphasise that the staff were all delightful, very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts included an ample range of choice and plenty of everything. I saw the pool but didn't use it, having failed to bring a costume but what a beautiful asset that is. Next time I shall come prepared!

Room Tip: If there is an option I wouldn't choose a room at the back.
Thank you for your review.

I am glad that overall you had a pleasant stay with us and I will track down your room and look at the shower and fan and rectify so thank you for bringing to my attention.

Pigeons - we do on the odd occasion get an occasional problem but the chef will be delighted as they are currently on the A la carte menu - so we will sort out a licensed cull in the near future.

Thank you for mentioning my staff and our breakfasts and as it looks like we might be seeing you again soon please feel free to drop me a personal line and I will handle the reservation for you.
Broadstairs
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Have not stayed in a Best Western for 15 years always use aPremier Inn or most of the other chain of hotels The location was was very good plus the parking voucher 1£ all day from the reception The room and the food were excellent but the staff could not do Anough to make it a pleasant and enjoyable stay. When considering my next break i will also look to stay at a Best Western hotel

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see that we might have a convert from Premier Inn and that you had a good stay with us.

Thank you for mentioning my staff, our rooms and our food.

We look forward to seeing you again before PI soon.
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here on13th/14th August, and felt it was one of the best hotels we had stayed in. The room was excellent, with a sea view, it was very clean, comfortable beds, and the service form all the staff was first class and so helpful and friendly. Breakfast and dinner could not be better, and the service here again was faultless, the lady greeting you and finding a table for you each time we used it could not have been more friendly and helpful, nothing seems to be too much trouble. The waiters again were so polite friendly and helpful. I would certainly use tthis hotel again if staying in Eastbourne and have no hesitation in recommending it to friends.

Room Tip: sea view roooms are excellent
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review.

I am glad you had a good stay with us in one of our seaview rooms.

Thank you for mentioning my staff and in particular Ewa, my Restaurant Manager and also our food.

We hope to see you again soon the next time you are in our area.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We booked this hotel with an Amazon voucher for a three night stay. The staff were very friendly, the room was clean and well decorated, the breakfast good with locally sourced ingredients. Overall we had a good time and would stay again when down that way.

1 Thank JLizzieH
Thank you for your review.

Good to see that overall you had a great stay with us recently.

Thank you for mentioning my staff and our breakfasts and am pleased you noticed the 'local' products.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are our way.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We went for a two night stay courtesy of an Amazon voucher deal. It was excellent value for money, the hotel room was perfectly comfortable, well decorated, great facilities and the sea view was delightful. We used the pool, which is small but we had it to ourselves! The breakfast was ok, but busy and a little chaotic. Some of the presentation was a bit shabby and I must say I prefer a cooked breakfast to order rather than a buffet, but they didn't do bad. The location is amazing - across the road from the beach and a short walk to town, pier, bandstand and theatres.

Room Tip: Sea view third floor!
Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see that you had a good overall stay with us and thank you for mentioning our great sea views and location.

It is obviously not our intention to be chaotic but with 140 breakfasts at this time of year it can be a bit demanding - please also ask if you would like something cooked to order as I am sure my staff would have accommodated.

Hope to see you again soon.
Cinderford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Very friendly and professional staff, room nice and clean though could be slightly bigger, food of a good standard. One disappointment was being woken at 4.15am by a member of staff putting empty bottles out, very noisy. I would definitely visit again and also recommend to friends, however not a room at the back.

Room Tip: Select a room at the front
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your review.

Great to see a mention of my staff and of your overall good visit with us.

I must point out though it is not my staff putting bottles out at 4.15am, we occasionally find the hotel next door does this sort of thing with no consideration for other people and how sound travels at that time of the night.

I note your request for 'not a back room' next time so please feel free to drop me a line and I will sort out for you and we look forward to seeing you then.