“Fantastic value for money :-)”

Best Western York House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
London,England
“Fantastic value for money :-)”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked a 2 night stay on amazon for £99. When we arrived we found out they had upgraded us for nothing as they were fully booked for the nights we originally wanted due to Airbourne. The rooms were fabulous. Staff terrific. Especially Luke in the restaurant,and Ewa( pronounced Eva) at breakfast. They couldn't do enough for you,especially when we had been busy chatting and missed the breakfast. Ewa went and got us all English breakfasts. I can only thoroughly recommend this lovely Victorian hotel. Right on the seafront,perfect.

Room Tip: Room 114 is excellent.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated your seaview upgrade to room 114.

Thanks also for mentioning my staff and specifically Ewa and Luke and our value for money offers.

Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Thai first
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I took my 92 year old mother to the hotel. Our room was quite small with a view of the back yard. But newly decorated and was very comfortable.
We had nothing but praise for the restaurant staff especially the manager. She was very considerate remembering each visit to get my mother a cushion. The food both in the evening and breakfast was very good too. My only critism would be that the windows in our room were dirty, and the yard we looked on had rubbish on the floor. But we were late booking, next visit we will go for a sea view. Staff on front desk were very helpful and friendly. Excellent location, even managed to park opposite the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see that you and your mother had a great stay with us recently.

It is advisable to book of course should you wish to have a sea view, a little bit earlier as you say, but if you drop me a direct line the next time you wish to come and see us and I will sort out for you.

Thank you for your comments reference my staff and especially Ewa our restaurant manager.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

For the second year running we took up the air show offer and enjoyed a great buffet lunch ,then sat on the verandah and watched the flying accompanied by our own personal jazz trio. Afternoon tea was timed well to avoid a shower of rain . Staff are polite and helpful . will certainly look for the good value offer again next year .

1 Thank Karen W
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed our Airbourne offering for a second year, this year with the new addition of the Dixie American Jazz Band.

We will be putting together our offer for next year soon and will be in touch.

Thank you also for mentioning my staff and our lunch.
london
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed over the Airshow & found the hotel great value for money. The sea view was incredible & the staff could not have been more friendly & helpful. Our room (304) even had a little kitchenette & refrigerator. It is within walking distance to town & restaurants (recommend Henry's & The Beach Deck). The buffet breakfast is well above average quality & you can even choose non standard items from the menu to have made up. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review.

Good to see that you had a great time with us and you liked one of our new seaview rooms with its own kitchenette and fridge.

Thank you for mentioning my staff and our Breakfasts.

We hop e to see you again soon
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stated 2 nights a few days before the air show. The parking can be quite stressful but we were pleasantly surprised to find a lovely clean and large seaview family room, which we thought we needed to pay extra for. The staff were very polite, helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was very good, especially the sausages! It's situated right by the beach so you only need to cross the road. The kids enjoyed the swimming pool but it was on the small side but fortunately there weren't many people. The kids loved the beach been so close and overall we enjoyed our stay very much. I was told by the staff that it is a 3 star hotel but I told them it's comparable to a 4 star hotel and the service I'd have to give it 5 star! We would definitely go back again and would also highly recommend it to anyone else staying in Eastbourne.

Room Tip: Go for the family seaview room. We stayed at room 314 which was very good.
1 Thank Ray W
Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see you enjoyed all aspects from your stay with us recently, from room 314 which is one of our large new seaview family rooms, to the pool and especially the sausages.

Thank you for mentioning my staff and their service, we do try our best.

We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for the recommendation.
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

First visit to this hotel. Very professional staff on reception, smartly dressed. Room very clean. And hotel had a very warm welcome.location is perfect for shopping and beach. The food very well presented. In all a very enjoyable couple of days. Thanks.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for sea view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you for your review.

Good to see you over from Colchester and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us.

Thank you for mentioning my staff and our food and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Parking was very bad as the air show was on, did not like the evening meal very expensive and my steak was all gristle as the waitress could see, and still charged me for it, until I said I thought you would have taken it off the bill, then charged me half which I thought was not very professional , but the hotel was good and clean ,

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Rina60
Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us.

Shame that you didn't like your steak from one of our local farms, Bullock Farm.

Our 3 course menu is priced at £20 which most people seem to think is good value. especially since it is locally and ethically sourced, but I respect your opinion.

'The waitress' you mention was the Restaurant Manager and she did not charge you for the steak supplement which is specifically what you requested so on that subject I can't agree with you as she is the most courteous professional person you are likely to meet and is in fact out of our current 813 reviews she is the most positively mentioned member of staff on here.

Sorry again for your thoughts on that.