2,361 results
All reviews swimming pool sea view apple juice jacuzzi bath groupon deal sea front four poster bed lovely hotel on arrival breakfast was buffet style evening meal dining room short break standard room an upgrade restaurant staff plenty of choice
Reviewed 12 December 2017

OK but pretty standard seaside hotel. Decor a bit dated. Room average with sea view.
Decor and fittings old fashioned and bathroom adequate. Shower tap nightmare to turn off. Bed comfortable and room warm. Xmas parties on both nights so a bit noisy but we were warned.
Breakfasts below average - poor.

Room Tip: Sea views at front of hotel but a bit noisy from very busy road.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Stuart A, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Dear Susan G,

Thanks for posting your review on your recent experiences with us here at the Best Western York House Hotel Eastbourne.

The hotel is a historic building located directly on the Seafront with stunning views. Thank you for your feedback relating to your room. I am pleased you felt warm and bathroom met your expectations; your comments relating to the Decor have been duly noted.

I understand that breakfast is a very important meal of the day, please feel free to email me directly on: manager@yorkhousehotel.co.uk with any feedback so I may investigate further. Our Breakfast products and the service we offer is of a very high level and apologies if this was not demonstrated during your stay.

The team and I do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Didn’t get off to a good start on arrival when the receptionist said quite bluntly that we couldn’t have dinner at the time we had booked because of a Christmas party.
We had two rooms one of which had a faulty kettle, finally replaced after a maintenance man tried to fix it!, and a faulty TV.
Beds were comfy, bathrooms recently refurbished. Nice towels. Basic toiletries and Tea/coffee.
The bar area is part sofas, part chairs and tables but not particularly relaxing.
Dinner was a big let down after all the good reviews I had read previously.
Because of the huge Christmas party the few other diners were put in a temporary room which was too big and full of inlaid tables, no atmosphere.
Service was a disaster as we were pretty much forgotten until we had to find staff and then eventually complain to management. After that it improved but the evening was spoilt and I’m afraid the food was no more than freezer to plate produce. No imagination in presentation and really no more than mediocre ‘pub grub’.
Breakfast the following morning was much better all round. Better service, better food.
Sadly we won’t return unless it’s the only place available next time we come to Eastbourne to visit relatives.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Lorraine B

Dear Lorraine B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experiences regarding your stay with us here at the Best Western York House Hotel Eastbourne.

My team work incredibly hard each day with the aim to ensure each guest enjoy's their stay so it is disappointing to hear we did not meet expectations on this occasion. I personally assisted with your Check In due to a slight miss-communication with the receptionist at the time however it was quickly resolved.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced in the dining room. It’s good to hear that Joe, our Restaurant Manager, dealt with the situation and I can assure you that this is something that will be addressed with our head chef. I have discussed your further feedback with the restaurant team to ensure we remain best placed to provide the high level of service expected of us. For future reassurances, the Pie's which were ordered are indeed locally sourced and not a typical store bought frozen product. We take pride in the high quality products which we source and offer for our guests here.

We have held many Christmas Party nights at the hotel with minimal inconvenience to our residents. I believe that is a credit to our check in process and the fact we have aimed to allocate residents away from potential noise where it has been possible. During the Christmas Party nights our residents dinned in the "York Room" which is a really pleasant room it also serves as our ceremonial room for weddings that we hold at the hotel.

Whilst I appreciate that this stay didn't leave the desired impression we would hope. I do hope the team and I have the opportunity to serve you again to show the great service we provide on a day to day basis.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I stayed here in November for my sisters wedding. The hotel knew I was bringing my 6 month old baby so provided a cot however the room they gave me was completely inappropriate. I had asked for sea view however ended up with a view of a wall, in a tiny room I was unable to move around in, no bath to wash my baby and the room was only accessible through stairs. So I had to carry the pram up and down stairs all the time which really hurt my back. All this for the low price of £90 a night!! When I spoke to front desk they just told me they could move me but the rooms are all smaller as no bigger ones available even though I know this was a lie due to the fact you could book a bigger room on the website still. If this wasn't bad enough my sister (not the one getting married) was given a room a lot bigger than mine, with sea view and accessible from lift for exact same price. Had a terrible experience and was really upset for the whole weekend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Victoria V

Dear Victoria V,

Thank you for sharing your experiences on your recent stay with us here at the Best Western York House hotel Eastbourne.

It is very surprising to receive this review and rating as I am aware we took the group booking late on to assist your Sister's circumstances as unfortunately another hotel had let her down.

We are very honest with our availability and explained our availability to the organiser in full. Whilst I appreciate your disappointment of not receiving a "bigger" room, we actively encourage our guests to upgrade in advance to avoid such situations arising. Due to the demand in the area the hotel was very busy - therefore all Sea view / superior rooms were indeed booked in advance. Your Sister's room (not the one getting married) was reserved as a family room and all our Family rooms are currently Sea view - this may explain the perceived injustice.

Whilst I'm sincerely apologetic that we as a hotel didn't meet your expectations, i do feel that the issue's were beyond the hotels control on this occasion as we did everything we could to explain our offering in full and as clearly as possible in advance of your arrival.

I trust that your Sister's wedding was a lovely memorable one and I hope that you will give the hotel another opportunity to impress. Feel free to contact me directly when you are next thinking of visiting this lovely town and I will personally assist in creating your reservation. The team and I would very much welcome the opportunity to change your perception to show not only the great rooms we have on offer but also our fantastic service.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

We stayed two nights in November. Very large family room with king size bed and 2 single beds. Plenty of space and we got ocean view. Even so, room was overlooking the street, it was not noisy at all. Front desk was helpful, friendly and efficient. The maintenance person helped us with the luggage which was highly appreciated. The building has a nice character, partly dated, partly elegant. I would say it was laid back and relaxing. Location was good. Short walk to the main street in the center with shops and restaurants. The only issue was finding parking. The room rate is very affordable and included a nice breakfast buffet. Therefore good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
WilliamTamborrino, Duty Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Renato G,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with us here at the Best Western York House Hotel in Eastbourne.

It's great to read review such as this, room 154 the room you stayed in is our only family room that has one king size bed and two single beds and still plenty of space to move around, it's great for family or group of friends, all our family room also are seaview rooms which is a great "bonus".

I'm glad you found the front desk team friendly and efficient and thank you also for the kind words to our Maintenance Peter.

The Team and I all look forward on welcoming you again in the near future.

William

Reviewed 7 December 2017

The hotel is ldeally situated for a leisurely walk into Eastbourne town centre. The room we stayed in had a great view of the sea front. The service given during this stay made it a very relaxing and enjoyable break

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank G1141GWdavidc

Dear G1141GWdavidc,

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay here at the Best Western York House Hotel in Easbourne.

I'm delighted you had an well deserved leisure break here with us enjoying both the room and the service.

The Team and I all look forward on your next stay in the near future.

William