Best Western Lansdowne Hotel
Shore View Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$55
US$52
  • Beachfront
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$67
  • Pool
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$66
Priceline
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$155
  • Beachfront
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
US$261
US$187
US$182
1,133 results
All reviewssea viewtraditional hotelbar menuafternoon tealarge hotelwater pressuresea frontlovely hotelpublic roomsbeachy headvery pleasant stayhigh standardsconesone night staycream teaweekend breakfamily room
996 - 1,001 of 1,133 reviews
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The location by the sea makes it wonderful to wake up seeing the beach and the water. Rooms are small and efficient. The restaurant serves fine dinners and breakfasts. You can relax or enjoy a drink in the many living rooms down-stairs and still see the sea and the beach.

No problem with parking and a short walk to the center for shopping.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
clairepj, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

I was pleased to read that you so appreciated our wonderful position on Eastbourne seafront, providing our guests with a spectacular view all year round.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review. We do hope to see you again before too long.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I usually stop at the Best Western York Hotel but due to their price increases recently I've moved to the Landsdowne and I'm very happy with it. This was my 3rd visit since July and on the first 2 occasions the wi-fi in the hotel wasnt working and I found myself at the near by Cavendish Hotel using their wi-fi and ended up eating there as well.
The buffet breakfast at the Lansdowne I found was better than the York Hotel and I will definitely think about stopping there again on my next business visit to Eastbourne

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
clairepj, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and your kind comments concerning the breakfast served at the hotel were much appreciated.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on future occasions.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

My wife and I have just had the most relaxing time at the Lansdown Hotel, it was our 1st wedding anniversary and we wanted a quick and relaxing break, everything was what your would expect, breakfast was as much or as little as you want full breakfast or continental, the bar great, especially Helen and Steven and the sports was on all weekend if you wanted to what that, although the wife was non too impressed. So we would recommnend this hotel if its peace and quiet you want.

Len & Sheena (London)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
clairepj, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Congratulations on your 1st Wedding Anniversary. I am very glad that you found your stay at the hotel to be relaxing and that we provided everything you expected.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review – we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel on some other occasion.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Great staff, really family friendly, made my twins birthday really special and even posted back a forgotten toy! Breakfast was plentiful, we had a sea view family room which was great. Yes it is dated and full of old people but for us we weren't going away to party!

Room Tip: Sea view is a must
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your very complimentary review following your recent stay. We are delighted that you found the hotel to be very family friendly and that your children enjoyed their birthday. We hope to welcome you and your family again.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Best Western have clearly taken over a hotel which has seen better days and it's in need of some serious updating. We stayed on a hot August weekend and although there's no air conditioning, we had to ask for a fan for our room. The staff were very helpful, but overall I'd say don't bother staying here - pay a bit more and you'll find somewhere nicer.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

I was very sorry to read that you were disappointed with your accommodation during a recent stay.

We have an ongoing refurbishment programme and are constantly upgrading the hotel, but with more than 100 bedrooms this takes time.

I do hope that you will try us again in the future.