2,350 results
All reviewsgarden restaurantafternoon teaoutdoor poolhealth clubmolton brown toiletriesmaster suiteturn down servicefive star hotelsteam roomspa facilitiesgarden roomsconessea viewbirthday treatparking spacesmoked salmonpublic areas
Reviewed 13 December 2013

First time eaten in The Mirrabelle - will in future stick to The Garden Restaurant.
The corridors from the bar to the restaurant were miserable and the décor in The Mirrabelle equally dull.
We had the set festive lunch and the starter was by far the best course. I had the lamb as a main which was just ok but the vegetables were served straight on the plate - cabbage, red pepper and dauphonoise potatoes with a stick of lavender poked into it (strange mix????)
The desserts were the worst course - 2 of my friends left theirs (caramel pineapple with black pepper ice cream which after swallowing burnt their throats) and the waiter just cleared the plates and didn't even ask why they were left.
Very disappointing after looking forward to the lunch on The Mirrabelles reputation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Every second spent at the Grand was indeed grand! I was smiling from the moment we were greeted at our car, shown handsomely to our delightful room and lay down on the incredible bed… I felt like a princess come home!! The grand didnt miss a beat, every moment was carefully, generously and skillfully delivered… indulging a terrific fantasy of timeless charm… I loved the range and quality of the cocktail bar, as a cookery teacher, I was blown away by the quality and sadly, rare, generosity, of the catering. as a therapist and a mother, I came away, feeling truly looked after, spoilt in fact, refreshed and reminded how special it feels to be cared and catered for. It felt that each person played their part and enjoyed their work. An incredible treat for which I am still gratefully smiling!!

Room Tip: remember to ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charlotte h
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed here as part of a Christmas party group booking. The hotel staff were wonderful, couldn’t do enough for you, and the food was excellent.
My only gripe would be over sleep quality. I had a room over some sort of heating/air conditioning unit and didn’t sleep a wink – there was just a constant drone … I was in room 225 and a colleague was in 243 and had the same issue. I would recommend that anyone who is a light sleeper requests a room away from this inner area where the generator is.
Oh, and carpet in the bathroom is generally a no no - that should really be replaced with tiles...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at the Grand on a BB & D basis and had a wonderful time from the moment we drove up to the entrance to the time we left. The hotel and the service is old fashioned in the best possible way. Such nice friendly staff, brilliant housekeeping and lovely food. Our room was large and we were given a complimentary fridge which was handy for cooling our pre dinner drinks whilst we were changing for dinner. Hope to return soon

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Luxurious hotel in ideal location. Excellent staff. Beautiful and elegant surroundings with historic and traditional 'step back in time' feel and theme. Comfortable room. Pleasant restaurant and lounge with very helpful staff.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family