The Grand Hotel Eastbourne
Cavendish Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$85
US$51
  • Beachfront
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Pool
Congress Apartments(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$73
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$186
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$155
  • Beachfront
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$152
Priceline
2,080 results
All reviewsgarden restaurantafternoon teaoutdoor poolhealth clubmolton brown toiletriesmaster suiteturn down servicefive star hotelsteam roomspa facilitiessconesgarden roomsea viewbirthday treatparking spacesmoked salmonsouth coast
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were invited to a family / friends lunch and prior research showed a good menu and price. We were not disappointed; although we were not residents we received a warm welcome from the doorman and were ushered into the lounge for drinks. Service from all the staff was warm and welcoming and the three course set lunch offered a good range of choices, all cooked to perfection and served with style. If you are looking for a treat with excellent lunch, served in a luxurious setting but at a very good price, then I would thoroughly recommend The Grand.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Years ago I lived in Eastbourne and it was always my wish to stay at the Grand, well I got my wish! We arrived on Saturday pm and was courtesly greeted by the staff and shown to our room, which was slightly dated, but still comfortable. We had a lovely evening meal in the restaurant which was late into the night and so we were looking forward to a lay in in the morning. How wrong we were. Our phone went at 7.30am promptly followed by room service staff banging on our bedroom door with someone else's early morning fresh milk, slight apologies here. Breakfast is somewhat confusing; my husband and I went into breakfast together but he had to go to the car to collect something, the waitress promptly took the menu of the table so my husband wasn't to get a choice of freshly cooked or buffet. On checking out, there was a piece of jewellery which I was interested in purchasing but they were too busy to deal with my request. The check out was so rushed,at least in a Premier Lodge, when you have a complaint they listen. The receptionist at the Grand gave us glib apologies.

My husband and I emailed the manager about the dis-satisfactory service and we still are awaiting a response, but won't hold my breath! I was going to return during the year to give them a second chance but....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mlb87
Reviewed 26 December 2013

You have to book early to get a table for Christmas in this lovely old school hotel. The decorations were festive but classy and the restaurants were decked with timeless tradition. We booked a table for 3 people in October and had to wait for the confirmation as they had been fully booked since the beginning of August. The reservation clerk however, worked her magic and managed to sort something for us in the Princes Restaurant. We arrived at 12 for a champagne reception then on to a 4 course delicious lunch of turkey and trimmings or lamb which was succulent and very tasty. Puddings to follow then coffee, petit fours and mince pies in the foyer overlooking the seaside on what turned out to be a gorgeous sunny day after all the deluge of rain and wind seen on previous days. Everything was well served, hot, flavoursome and well worth every penny. At £120 per head it may seem pricey but we were totally spoilt and our every request met throughout with well trained, smiling and good humoured staff. We wobbled out after five feeling full, festive and contented. The Grand is a super hotel throughout the year but they excel on special occasions and we'll be back again between now and Easter Sunday.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2013

i took my wife for a birthday celebration. Dinner bed and breakfast.The hotel was not informed as we wished it to be a private affair. Everything went smoothly, beginning with an up-grade to a very pleasant sea view room. The dinner was in a quiet restaurant with very tasty food, service and attention impeccable.
Breakfast the following morning was more than adequate. Full English, cooked to order.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian T
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was invited to tea at the Grand Hotel Eastbourne and had a wonderful time in the opulent grand hall. Contrary to our surroundings, the atmosphere was relaxed and comfortable with gentle piano music and a roaring open fire. We opted for the Champagne tea which included a glass of chilled bubbly followed by a choice of tea's, sandwich selection, dainty cakes and pastries and cream scones. The service was outstanding as was the meal itself and we were made to feel very special by the whole occasion.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends