“Great cakes and lunches!”
Review of Neates Cakery

Neates Cakery
Ranked #2 of 11 Dessert in Eastbourne
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We found a new (to us) spot for lunch and it has a unique atmosphere due to the cakes, cupcakes, and aromas!
We had a panini with fig and cheese, beets, colslaw , and a slice of the most popular cake! All were delicious! The staff were friendly and enthusiastic. Bring cash when you visit Neate's.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

You made my mum & I so welcome. You have an amazing ability to transcend barriers & remain grounded in where you grew up. AMAZING cream tea's, a classic Dean Martin CD, Thank u for calling us a taxi. Worth the next day big spend on cup cakes & more. Gloria & Jennifer - Croydon x

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The board outside claims "The best cream tea in Eastbourne" - and I'm yet to prove them wrong. The plus points about this place is the good selection of cakes, and the cream teas. The scones are fresh and delicious (no hint of dryness) the jam is good and they use actual clotted cream. (I find many places just use thick cream, and it's not the same). The tea comes in a decent sized pot, enough for 3 cups, and plenty of milk in the jug.

Also tried the white chocolate and raspberry cake, it was nice but not perfect as the filling had an odd texture. I was also a bit unsure about the fresh cream cakes being out at room temperature.

Portions are generous.

The sandwich menu didn't look especially interesting, my thoughts really are go here for the scones and cakes.

Atmosphere was friendly and it was very busy so they were clearly rushed off their feet, shame because it means they didn't have time to clean (floor was covered in crumbs.)

Overall though, I would recommend, and will likely go here again. Best cake place in Eastbourne that I've found so far.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This quaint cafe is a must! Lovely atmosphere , lovely people and the food and cakes (especially the scones) are to die for. We went back two days in a row on our 3 day trip to Eastbourne ;)

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Want to thank the lovely sisters for making me feel welcome...
Loved the atmosphere and the music and loved that rose cake..

Thanks girls xx