“Excellent !”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I visited the Rose Cottage with family and ,once again, we were very pleased with the welcome and the food. The steak and lamb chops were locally sourced, full of flavour and perfectly cooked. The wine beautifully complemented the meal and the service was attentive but never intrusive. Great value for money . I have been coming here for many years and it has never disappointed- very rare .

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a two night stay at Rose Cottage Inn recently and we were extremely impressed with the pub and the self catering accomodation they provided.

We were greeted warmly by staff at the pub upon our arrival on the Friday night and had an excellent 3 course meal in the restaurant area with an extensive menu and specials board.

The previous reviews that criticised the landlord were obviously written by people with a major sense of humour failure as he was a brilliant host to us with a dry sense of humour but at no point did we consider him rude like some have suggested. He was attentive and gladly showed us our accomodation and we had a great laugh with him throughout the evening.

As the below review has stated the accomodation was exceptional. We had the ground floor self catering flat and it was decorated and finished to a very high standard with a stunning bathroom, extremely comfortable double bed and a spacious living/kitchen area. We came armed with milk, bread, tea, coffee as we were not sure what to expect with a self-catering apartment such as this, but there was absoulutely no need as they provided bread, bacon, eggs, cereals, tea, coffee, butter and milk, meaning that the only thing you are really missing out on, compared to a B&B, is someone cooking your breakfast for you. But, for £120 for a two night stay, you make a massive saving compared to other B&Bs in the area and you get your own living space as well. The flats are very privately located at the rear of the pub with fabulous views over the south downs. Our friend who joined us also rented the single room located to the side of the pub and although it was understandably smaller, it still contained a double bed, shower, kitchenette (with all the same food provided) and was extremely good value for money at only £35 a night.

I would highly recommend Rose Cottage Inn as a welcoming country pub with excellent food and the self catering accomodation is a real hidden gem and is fantastic value for money.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We chose this Inn because of it's location and the fact that it offered self catering apartments.
We stayed in "The Loft", part of a converted old garage at the end of the carpark. Don't be put off by this description. The conversion was extremely well done and offered a kitchen-diner, double bedroom and a shower room/toilet with a similar facility on the ground floor we believe. It was quiet with safe parking and good views across the Downs to the rear. The rooms were warm and clean and the kitchen well equipped. There was a welcoming pack of essentials waiting for us on our arrival. It was snug but ideal for ourselves as walkers who needed a welcoming base each day. We had meals on 3 different nights in the pub and were never disappointed. The food was well cooked, well presented and served by very helpful staff. Plenty of choice on the menu, different at the w/e, and reasonably priced from top to bottom. Real ale on tap and a good choice of wines.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

You will not be disappointed. We went recently for a pub lunch for my husband's birthday. We each had a ploughmans lunch and it was superb, Lovely quiet pub no traffic noise. Perfect,

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Went to this pub after reading reviews, we had not booked but were found a table by friendly and helpful staff. The food was reasonably priced and our main courses of chicken and pork were excellent as was my wife's cherry and almond dessert. Unfortunately my dessert of seasonal fruit crumble was terrible, I honestly think that the crumble had not been baked. In hindsight I should have complained but I did not, neither did anyone ask if everything was ok. I do regret not complaining as if I had I may not have had to write this review. The people on the next table were raving about their desserts so I have to accept that I chose badly.

1  Thank Eric T