New Wilmington Hotel
US$84
  • Bar/Lounge
US$183
Travelocity
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$64
Oban(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$100
US$98
Travelocity
Palm Court Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$57
Agoda.com
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$112
  • Beachfront
Premier Inn Eastbourne Town Centre Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$83
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsturkey and tinselsea frontcoach holidayvaried menurecommend this hotelsuperior roomthe congressdinner menuevening entertainmenthigh standardbrilliant stayfriendly hotelhotel is situatednothing too much troublewe've stayedshort breakplenty of choice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My Wife and I had a one night stay and what a lovely break. The staff were so nice from the moment we arrived. Nice clean room and good breakfast. A 10 minute walk from the town and a few very good restaurants nearby. We would visit again and i'm sure will!!
Liam (I think that was his name) serving breakfast was a credit to the hotel, happy and helpful.
Thank you to all...!

Room Tip: Room 220 very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
New_Wilmington, Manager at New Wilmington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Dear David S

Thank you so much for the fantastic review and praising staff by name. Liam has been told about your kind words and along with the management; is delighted. We look forward to welcoming you again and wish you all the best in the meantime.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stopped one night for B&B at the Wilmington when we arrived at reception we were told we have a gold card for breakfast,still trying to work out what the advantage of the gold card was as the breakfast was to say the least basic, but I think the gold card got you a little better choice .What can you say about a typical B&B breakfast toast tea and cornflakes i decided on the vegetarian cooked breakfast ,just plain boring and pretty tasteless
The room was very small with a tiny bathroom (I mean tiny) but on the plus side room clean bed comfortable.
The staff at the hotel were attentive and indeed very helpful.
To sum up would I stay again No ,I would try and find something a little mare Classier,but ok for one night.

Room Tip: Just ask if they have something with a bigger bathroom
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
New_Wilmington, Manager at New Wilmington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear JAKEPINNER

We are sorry you felt your room was small. We have a range of different rooms from single economies to family superiors to cater for different requirements. We would like to just point out that our breakfast is something we are very proud of and offer a range of cereals, juices, milks, yogurt, fresh fruit, ham, cheese, croissants as well as the standard and vegetarian cooked breakfasts. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff.

New Wilmington

Reviewed 23 September 2012

I have stayed in loads of hotels over the years and when i booked this hotel for a short stay
i thought ok 3 stars as long as its clean and comfortable that will do me but was plesantly suprised by the warm welcome and frendly staff really clean nice room and a great breakfast.
really enjoyed the stay.
This hotel should be upgraded to a 4 star rating.
Thank you.xx

Room Tip: I stayed in room 225 which was a superior room i think.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear billellis

Thank you for your superb and positive review on the New Wilmington. We are so pleased that you feel we are at a 4 star level. When we close for Christmas we will be redecorating our dining room and refurbishing some more bedrooms as we continue to progress and move with the times.

All the best

Reviewed 21 September 2012

This is a bit late but anyway we stayed at The New Wilmington Hotel in Eastbourne for our wedding anniversary weekend in late August and wanted a hotel near the Concorde Theatre as we were seeing the Singing Soldiers (Great!). From the minute we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful. The young man on reception (sounded French) knew our names and directed us to our lock-up garage at the back of hotel for which we had paid an extra £6 but worth it to know you had secure parking. (We noted the traffic wardens in abundance). You can park on street apparently for £1 with a permit issued by the hotel but you still have to hunt for a space. Our upgraded room was tucked out of the way and very quiet but no views (which we knew about in advance). I had particularly requested a walk-in shower rather than a shower over bath as I have walking difficulties. When I booked on-line the owner immediately replied that he had a room with less stairs but this would have been dearer still so we opted to keep the room we had booked. If I'm honest the room was disappointing. It definitely needed updating. As it had cost £121 for the night we did expect it to be cleaned properly which it wasn't. There was dust on the fixed headboard, the lamps and overall the room was a bit shabby. I noticed other rooms on the way to ours looked more updated but as I had requested a walk-in shower I had to give credit for getting what I asked for. The cleanliness was disappointing especially as the public areas were spotless. The bathroom also was not cleaned to a standard we expected. There was a huge cobweb behind the net curtains behind the toilet and a ball of black dust under the radiator. This prompted me to look at the ceiling corners in the bedroom which were again adorned with cobwebs. Not really acceptable for a "deluxe" room. Yes the room was bigger than average (with VERY/TOO soft mattresses) but should still have been cleaned to an acceptable standard. We did almost complain at the time but hey it was our wedding anniversary and we didn't want to spoil it with complaints. The breakfast was marvellous however and I would still recommend the hotel in general. The breakfast waitress was lovely.

Room Tip: In our experience we was not worth paying the extra for an upgraded room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Oxwiches

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is almost unheard of that we receive a review which details a negative experience on the cleanliness of the hotel. We held a meeting with our housekeeping team and reaffirmed that an immaculate hotel is the absolute benchmark of the standards we set.

New Wilmington

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I spent two nights at the New Wilmington Hotel whilst attending a conference at eastbourne last week. Clean and well kept, the room was excellent. The staff were all courteous, polite and helpful.
The breakfast both mornings was exccellently prepared and presented by smiling staff.
However, a late evening at the bar resulted in the young barmaid being asked to top a small glass of Martini & Lemonade with a squirt more lemonade. No more than an inch in the small glass. I was charged £1.75p.
I have never before in my life been charged for a squirt on a freshly bought drink already containing lemonade. We duly finished our drinks and went to bed. A good stay spoilt bhy an exhorbitant price !!! We shall not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gwyncid

Dear Gwyncid

Thank you for your kind review. We have discussed the lemonade charge with our staff and we are at a loss as to how this could happen. This is not what we charge for a whole lemonade so the only thing we can conclude is that it was human error. Please contact the hotel as we would be more than happy to reimburse you.

New Wilmington Hotel